Sync Update Posted TODAY 12/7 on the Sync Site

tenstepn

Just received a call from my dealer. Said the sync update took this morning and that I would be VERY HAPPY. Said and I quote "it's lightning fast"

I will be picking it up around noon time

additionally he also said there was no way to activate the DRL's

We're all have our fingers crossed! Let us know what you're opinion is and if its has anything new, like the browser we were supposed to get :cry:

Just received a call from my dealer. Said the sync update took this morning and that I would be VERY HAPPY. Said and I quote "it's lightning fast"

1) where are you located? Wondering if anyone in your area can go to your dealer for the update?

2) Please let us know what it shows on either Sync My Ride or inside your car for the versions that have installed?

Can you PLEASE ask your dealer what version or code / number the dealer installed ?? I know it's supposed to be Gen 2 update but maybe it goes by a different name or code? Is there any way to also find out when this update / upgrade ACTUALLY was released?

I spoke to my dealer yesterday about this and i wasn't confident they knew what i was talking about....claiming they've had the update for over 2 weeks now and not giving me any really details to what the update does or the actual update number / version.

They gave my a update number but it didn't match what i've see lately on these posts...once they said they've had it for 2 weeks and the TSB and update only coming out in the last few days...i am not certain we are talking about the same thing...or are we?

Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Tony

Edited by Dreamss

LUCKY YOU!!

I hope it's bug free too.

Looking forward to the review

I just got back from the dealer with my Edge. I can certainly say it is much quicker in response then before the update. The service tech told me he was able to get on the web this morning without any disconnects or freeze ups on Fords end.

When I got into my car I had to re pair my iPhone and download the phonebook. All quick dial numbers and such were lost so that needs to be re done. Auto temp settings had to be reentered as well. Can't say for sure if the seat settings were lost (didn't check it)

System is faster then before so that alone is worth it. Going through the phonebook is quick unlike before. I didn't find anything NEW like pictures in the phonebook entries. One thing I did see was on the Home button, when pressed you have 3 options to view the screen. The top option is where you can view stored photo's (that was lost as well) But in the 3 screen choice setting was an icon of the Lincoln symbol (I have a Ford). I don't think that was there before the update

I can also add that firm finger presses are still needed to make changes or entries. Will give it a good test tomorrow morning when it should be in the low 20's

Update was done at Ramp Ford in Port Jefferson Station NY 631-473-4600 Ed was the service writer

Hope this helps. If over the next few days the system stays as is and the bluetooth connection always finds my phone I'll be very happy (Not that much more should be expected of it)

Sync website shows the update

post-1555-010972800 1291917038_thumb.jpg

anybody have any idea as to if there is correct sequence for updating?, i.e. do the sync update, then the dealer or vice-versa? or even if it makes a difference. Some types of software update require it done in proper sequence, just wondering if that applied to the Ford/Sync updates.

FYI this update is not a "QUICKY"

I had to leave my Edge at the dealer today because of the length of the update. When I went back to check the status the Edge was hooked up and downloading the update but the Service Advisor said that the update was going slow and that there would not be enough time to do the update and also align the front end today.

Hopefully I will get a call this afternoon that the update worked. I asked if this was the first update they had done and they said no but I'm not so sure about that.

Will update when I hear more!

UPDATE: Just talked to the Service Advisor and the update is not going good, update did not complete and they are going to restart it again. There has to be something basic wrong with the procedure Ford is using or there would not be the high number of failures on this update. They had mine hooked up with a 'long cord" ( at least 30'), I wonder if this could be part of the problem. I just "LOVE" :finger: being a beta tester on this system. I build computers as a hobby so I can sympathize with the techs doing the update, but Ford really needs to get their act together on this.

Edited by curlysir

FYI this update is not a "QUICKY"

I had to leave my Edge at the dealer today because of the length of the update. When I went back to check the status the Edge was hooked up and downloading the update but the Service Advisor said that the update was going slow and that there would not be enough time to do the update and also align the front end today.

Hopefully I will get a call this afternoon that the update worked. I asked if this was the first update they had done and they said no but I'm not so sure about that.

Will update when I hear more!

UPDATE: Just talked to the Service Advisor and the update is not going good, update did not complete and they are going to restart it again. There has to be something basic wrong with the procedure Ford is using or there would not be the high number of failures on this update. They had mine hooked up with a 'long cord" ( at least 30'), I wonder if this could be part of the problem. I just "LOVE" :finger: being a beta tester on this system. I build computers as a hobby so I can sympathize with the techs doing the update, but Ford really needs to get their act together on this.

Well, I just returned from My Ford Dealer, without my Edge. They took a module off another 2011 Edge, called me and told me what they'd done. I of course told them NOT to do this because the issues are still not resolved...what ever vehicle they chose.

They updated the software which apparently was an all day event, and then called me this afternoon and told me it was "ready".

I went to pick up my vehicle and said I did not want to drive out of service until I tested the system.

I tested it and I found that the stereo controls for the base, treble and midrange to be non functional. The Nav had an SD Card fault error and I stopped there and told them to keep it. So back to the nation wide wait for the sync unit or a fix.

I jokingly asked how many days the vehicle had to be out of service before it was considered a lemon in Missouri, and he told me 30 days...so we shall see.

That's all for me this round!!

Next!

Just received this...

"Chad,

Thank you for your email in regards to Ford My Touch.

We have just received word that Technical Service Bulletin 10-24-9 has been sent to the dealers for the My Touch System. Please contact them and schedule an appointment to bring in your vehicle for them to perform the update to your Ford My Touch system. Any dealer should be able to perform this update and the update is for the known issues that have been reported with the system. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Keith

Ford Motor Company

SYNC Support Center

Ford Confidentiality:

--------------------

For security reasons, please do not submit any sensitive personally identifiable information, such as credit card numbers, driver license number, SSN, DOB, etc. Thank you.

[THREAD ID:1-5HS3MO]

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 12/8/2010 01:21:23 PM

To: sync@ford.com

Subject: Re: SyncMyRide Website – General Concern

<div>Thanks Keith. Not sure if this is related to the maintenance issue, but the SYNC web site is showing that there's an update ready to be applied to my vehicle, BT4T-14D544-BD Version SYNC GEN 2. I brought my vehicle to my Ford dealer this morning for my scheduled appt., and they informed me that there is no update ready for SYNC at this time, that the website is incorrect, and that they will call me when it is ready. There seems to be some confusion around whether or not there is an update, message board users are giving mixed reviews on recent experiences with talking to dealers about the update, how informed and prepared the dealers/service departments seem to be, etc. Can you provide me with any information to help me understand if the update listed above it available, if it is necessary to go to the dealer to have it applied, if the dealers are aware of the update and have the proper tools to apply it, if there's a change-log or some list of what is being updated/enhanced/added, and lastly whether or not it's necessary to apply the update immediately or by a certain date? I have some reservations about bringing my vehicle back to the service department if the process isn't figured out - I would rather have my working, older version of SYNC then risk messing it up if the process hasnt' been ironed out yet.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>Thanks,</div>"

[/quote

the same happend to me i had almost the same e-mail ,so i put the same question to a keith and a John from sync support center they gave the same exact answer,the i called my dealer and they also said that they have no update to install and this was Dec.08 2010

If you don't like negative news don't read any more. Just got off the phone with the service advisor and the upgrade will not download and Ford doesn't know what to do. I just hope that the attempt to download the update hasn't screwed up the system entirely. It is very obvious that Ford does not have their act together on this system.

Had the upgrade yesterday but now I have some issues with the remote start. It now takes 2 try's when I never had problems before. Also the radio power shuts off when starting the car.

Trying to narrow down just what's wrong before notifying the dealer.

For the most part it is faster and hopefully these minor glitches will get resolved

Dealership just called me and cancelled my appointment for Monday to get this upgrade...

I figured that was coming....

Consider yourself lucky, wish my dealer had canceled mine. I will pickup my Edge tomorrow and I hope that "MOST" of the functionality is still there. The upgrade did not work on mine, I am hoping that the download didn't even start. The service advisor did confirm that the heating and AC still work but getting much more info was like pulling teeth. He did admit that they have not been able to download the update to any vehicles at any of this dealers site (Has 4 locations) and there were several in my situation. Also hinted that all the dealers in the area (Dallas/FW) were having the same problem. What bothers me is that I asked him before I took mine in if they had done any updates and he said yes.

So I am now in a situation where I don't know what functionality I have and don't know when it will be fixed. The service advisor implied that Ford doesn't know when it will be fixed. I think it will be time to talk to the service manager when I pickup my Edge.

Had the upgrade yesterday but now I have some issues with the remote start. It now takes 2 try's when I never had problems before. Also the radio power shuts off when starting the car.

Trying to narrow down just what's wrong before notifying the dealer.

For the most part it is faster and hopefully these minor glitches will get resolved

I am glad to see that at least someone was able to get the upgrade. If you read my other post you will see that I was not so lucky. I am confident that Ford will eventually solve the problem but right now it appears as if the upgrade is a work in progress. New cars are being delivered with the upgrade so there has to be a way to load it, they just need to figure out how. I think they need to allow the dealer to download the full upgrade and quit trying to do it remotely from the factory.

I am glad to see that at least someone was able to get the upgrade. If you read my other post you will see that I was not so lucky. I am confident that Ford will eventually solve the problem but right now it appears as if the upgrade is a work in progress. New cars are being delivered with the upgrade so there has to be a way to load it, they just need to figure out how. I think they need to allow the dealer to download the full upgrade and quit trying to do it remotely from the factory.

Sounds like they're having capacity issues - I'm sure this much software downloading by dealers is new for Ford (and most other mfrs - this is uncharted territory as far as car dealers go). Does anyone know if the dealers are using Ford issued and supported computers for this or do they use their own? If they're using their own then that's probably contributing to some of the problems.

Sounds like they're having capacity issues - I'm sure this much software downloading by dealers is new for Ford (and most other mfrs - this is uncharted territory as far as car dealers go). Does anyone know if the dealers are using Ford issued and supported computers for this or do they use their own? If they're using their own then that's probably contributing to some of the problems.

Thats the problem, there are so many variables that could cause issues across the whole country. Just the other day we were getting horrible internet service here in SoCal. Could be completely on Ford's end or a mix of both. Regardless, I'm waiting and watching for a few days. Might take mine in tomorrow and I will update on status if I do.

I haven't even bothered to contact my dealership yet about the TSB. I figure I will let them sort everything out over the next week or two and then book my appointment to have it applied.

Ugh! I feel the same way. In fact, this is why I ordered my edge a month or so into production, hoping it would result in better and more experienced craftsmanship (on the car build side). I know I should wait but it's too tempting especially since my problems are increasing in frequency at this point as detailed here >> http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/5810-anyone-having-touch-issues/page__view__findpost__p__49403

I would do another master reset and pull fuse 29, but the wife is getting angry having to sync her phone over and over, and it's her car after all.

I haven't even bothered to contact my dealership yet about the TSB. I figure I will let them sort everything out over the next week or two and then book my appointment to have it applied.

I hear ya. Now that I survived the first attempt of the update and heard the problems of others, I've decided to wait.

When will it be safe?

I hear ya. Now that I survived the first attempt of the update and heard the problems of others, I've decided to wait.

When will it be safe?

Hopefully soon Scott. :)

I'll chat with my dealer in the next week or two, and if they have a number of successful updates under their belt I'll let them do mine!! :hyper:

Well the dealer called me this afternoon and they have resolved my SD Fault error. They replaced the SD card with a new one and no more error. They said they still have not got my audio controls for bass, treble and midrange resolved. They told me it would take a few more days of working with Ford. So they are really close now!

They asked if I would like to pick it up and bring it back another time for them to complete the work and I declined. Not until it's working as advertised. SO close though! They ARE working on it thought and that is the main thing!

Good luck to everyone else!

brian