2011 Edge pricing

jpcz

I will be ordering a 2011 edge limited within the next month or so, and when I built it online, the price came in as 38,535. I will have an x-plan pin.

My question is, what other things can i request or use to get the price cheaper? I know there is some 750 coupon if you request a brochure, but i did that last year (not knowing that i would get a coupon) and wasnt ready to order. It has since expired. Ill try ordering another brochure, but not sure if i would get another shot at the 750.

I dont qualify for a competitive lease, as i own my honda.

So, are there any other incentives or things i could get thrown in? Is it unheard of to get oil changes for the duration of the lease? Anything like that? I doubt the xplan price can be negotiated anymore since its set from the factory...

thanks in advance.

I will be ordering a 2011 edge limited within the next month or so, and when I built it online, the price came in as 38,535. I will have an x-plan pin.

My question is, what other things can i request or use to get the price cheaper? I know there is some 750 coupon if you request a brochure, but i did that last year (not knowing that i would get a coupon) and wasnt ready to order. It has since expired. Ill try ordering another brochure, but not sure if i would get another shot at the 750.

So, are there any other incentives or things i could get thrown in? Is it unheard of to get oil changes for the duration of the lease? Anything like that? I doubt the xplan price can be negotiated anymore since its set from the factory...

thanks in advance.

Other than the $750 coupon, not really, at least not from Ford. X plan pricing is not negotiable. You will get any incentives on top of the X plan pricing - that's standard but if you're leasing that's probably already factored in. You can always ask the dealer to throw in something but I'd be surprised if they did much. X plan pricing is pretty close to rock bottom already.

A "Plan" buyer (AXZD) should have the sales manager run a VinCent report on the VIN for the vehicle you are considering purchasing. That will tell you all the incentives that might be available on that vehicle, registered in your ZIP on that day. Sometimes, coupons are for "retail" only which would not include AXZD purchases.

Doc fees are fixed along with the price of the vehicle. You can negotiate ESP contract, trade-in allowance, dealer accessories, etc. You sure want to know your finance rate options (credit union, bank, FMCC) before you sign anything. You are not permitted to demand anything free on top of the plan price, but you don't have to pay full retial on the aftersale items.

Remember prices very around the country and at different times. When the local dealer association puts extra incentives on a model to move inventory, they do it for specific zip codes. Sometimes specific models with specific options get different incentives so comparisons get muddy. Identical vehicles in 4 different markets could have 4 different "prices". You only get what is allowed for your zip code - no matter where you buy the vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks in advance.

I notice incentives are up to $2500 on the Ford web site. You should be able to get $2500 off X-Plan. And if you get that $750 coupon then you should really be doing well.

• 4 weeks later...

There are currently a couple of incentive programs taking place.

1. $1000 if you use Ford financing

2. $1000 promotional cash - I believe you need to buy from dealer stock

3. $500 in retail customer cash - I believe you need to buy from dealer stock

There is also the $750 brochure coupon. Go to the Ford Website and request a brochure to be mailed to your house.

We just purchased an Edge and used the promotional cash, the retail cash and the coupon. We also used x-plan pricing (available through my employer) and had no issues combining the xplan with the incentives/coupon. We got a financing rate of 2.67% so we skipped the Ford Financing incentive.

Hi gang. :D As mentioned in the past, overall Incentives, Rebates and Special Financing packages vary by region. In fact, they can vary by Zip Code. Therefore, whatever Incentives one person quotes here will not likely apply to another individual, unless they happen to live in the same area or strictly by coincidence.

I only mention this to avoid someone going into their local Dealership, then getting into an argument when the Salesperson quotes different Incentive Packages than what they have seen quoted here, by another member who may live halfway across the country ("Yeah, but I saw on the Edge Forum/Internet that I should get ..."). Believe it or not, it has happened before. :banghead:

For the accurate and applicable Incentives in your particular area, either go to the Ford website and use their interactive shopping tools (which entail plugging in your Zip Code for applicable Incentives in your area), or contact your local Ford/Lincoln Dealer.

Also, "Must purchase from Dealer Stock" only means that on Factory Ordered vehicles, you get the Incentive in place when you actually purchase the vehicle, not the Incentives available when you ordered it (if they change). So you can order a vehicle, but you will get the Incentives that are available when the vehicle arrives at your Dealership and you sign the papers. This can vary sometimes, with some Incentives being able to be extended to purchase time on Factory Orders, especially in Canada. In the U.S., most Incentives are normally not expendable past their expiration dates, Factory ordered vehicle or not.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi all...just new to the forum, just bought a silver 2011 edge sport with nav, drivers entry and vision. out the door 37450 after tax etc.

Curious as to where that stands i n the "deal" category?

Also curiuos from those that have purchased what your thoughts are on "a good deal" price. Dealer here is rock bottom on a 2011 blk/blk limited 302A w/ 20 " chrome wheels, tow pkg at approx. $38,200 out the door. Any opinions?

I just did a custom order for the Edge Limited AWD w/ 302A, Tow Package, and backlit door plate: MSRP $42,775 and got it for $36,753.03 (includes Admin and title fee). I got ZAG pricing, 1500 rebate, 1000 finace rebate, the $750 direct rebate for requesting info booklet. The local ford dealership is backing the rebates so if they expire or go down in amount, they will cover it. If there is a better rebate when my car comes in, they will give me the better pricing. I think I did pretty good!... I hope.

Thanks.

Jason

• 2 months later...

I just did a custom order for the Edge Limited AWD w/ 302A, Tow Package, and backlit door plate: MSRP $42,775 and got it for $36,753.03 (includes Admin and title fee). I got ZAG pricing, 1500 rebate, 1000 finace rebate, the $750 direct rebate for requesting info booklet. The local ford dealership is backing the rebates so if they expire or go down in amount, they will cover it. If there is a better rebate when my car comes in, they will give me the better pricing. I think I did pretty good!... I hope.

Thanks.

Jason

My local dealer offered the same. That is, incentives available at time of "ordering" are honored upon pickup even if you order a vehicle (and do not purchase from dealer inventory). Also will honor any additional incentives in place at time of pickup. Pretty good deal I think.

Also will honor any additional incentives in place at time of pickup.

I think it's either/or - you either get what was in place at order time or current incentives, but I don't think you can mix and match. Let's say Ford offered a $2000 rebate when you ordered and now it's only 0% financing. You can get either the $2000 or the 0% but not both.