Consumer Satisfaction for 2011 Edge Limited

Aku

New to the forum and I haven't quite pulled the trigger on a 2011 Edge Limited. I have driven many new cars in the last 3 months and have to say that I have narrowed it down to the Edge, Murano, and RX350. Surprisingly, the Edge has just about all the same features as the Lexus but for less money. The Murano has a 9gig hard drive for music, has the variable speed transmission, Nissan is offering 0% financing for 60 months, but the car is a little smaller. The prices for the Edge and the Murano are comparable with all the same or similar features.

Honda's were too small or too big and didn't have the styling I liked. The Equinox was noisy and just didn't seem very luxurious (you can't even order it with a power leather passenger seat). The Jeep's were nice but didn't get the fuel mileage I liked...and so on.

Now, I know I will get some biased opinions (this is an Edge forum after all) but have many of you new Edge owners also compared your Edge to other 2011 models? I'm leaning towards the Edge but just wanted some other opinions. Thanks.

I love mine - I am one of the few that seem to actively follow the forum that has not had the MFT issues that other people report. My limited AWD handles excellent on snow/ice with the all weather 18's that came on the car. My husband likes driving it as much as I do and my daughter loves the ambient lighting. Even my dad who is die hard chevy comes as close as he can to saying it is a nice car.... for a ford and all.

I am sure you will be happy with whatever you pick - but I would recommend this car to anyone.

I love my Edge Sport. I came from a 2008 Limited though so I thought I knew what I had already, but im pleasantly surprised by how much better its gotten.

I looked at the Venza when I had our 2008, wasnt impressed.

We just recently went shopping for a Highlander for my wife while my truck still had dealer plates attached and weren't invited back to the Toyota dealership, Now were looking at the new Explorer for her.

Since my wife drives an ES350, we had a RX350 as a loaner for a few days when her car went in for some engine recall work. The RX is the exact same truck as the highlander with an up scale, but in our opinion not as nice interior, so the RX wasn't for us plus it didn't offer third row seating.

We didnt drive or even consider the NIssan Murano. The styling is just not for me.

I love mine - I am one of the few that seem to actively follow the forum that has not had the MFT issues that other people report. My limited AWD handles excellent on snow/ice with the all weather 18's that came on the car. My husband likes driving it as much as I do and my daughter loves the ambient lighting. Even my dad who is die hard chevy comes as close as he can to saying it is a nice car.... for a ford and all.

I am sure you will be happy with whatever you pick - but I would recommend this car to anyone.

Carrie, just curious, have you had any updates done?

I've been very pleased with my 2011 FWD Edge Limited. Although I've been a Chevy guy for years (still have a Siverado pickup and I'm on my second Suburban), the Chevy crossover choices weren't right for me. The Equinox was just too small. The Traverse was too big, and it's gas milage was comparatively poor.

For me it came down to the Murano and the Edge, and I think I made the right decision. The car's not perfect (MFT and Sync are kind of quirky at times), but overall I really like the technology. Even though I didn't have many of the problems others have has, I just got the 2.4 update, and it didn't seem to break anything, and things seem to run a litle faster. My ambient colors are correct and I don't have the Lincoln logo.

Sun rise today was 9:49 am and sunset is at 4:34 - if it was clear, which it isn't. But we are gaining like 3 minutes of light a day. Woo hoo!

I'm like Carrie,

I also have not had any problems with my edge. I have not had any reason to visit the dealer since I bought it. I have not had any problems with myford touch and I have not had the dealer do any updates to it.

Love the way the awd handles in the snow. I really love this car. I've put about 4100 miles on it since I bought it in October. I too would recommend this car to anyone looking for a good quality crossover vehicle.

I'm like Carrie,

I also have not had any problems with my edge. I have not had any reason to visit the dealer since I bought it. I have not had any problems with myford touch and I have not had the dealer do any updates to it.

Love the way the awd handles in the snow. I really love this car. I've put about 4100 miles on it since I bought it in October. I too would recommend this car to anyone looking for a good quality crossover vehicle.

I am going to finally have mine updated.

Thanks for all of the replies...again with all the features that we want we are only $5k less than an RX 350. So ti just comes down to preference, feel, style, etc. We probably wouldn't have to install the updates because we are ordering from the factory and not taking a vehicle off the lot. Takes about 6 to 8 weeks to get.

If you are comparing the Edge to the Lexus, you must look at two things: 1) The Lexus has a smaller cargo area. 2) Each oil change will cost twice as much as it will for the Edge. I traded my Lexus ES350 for the Edge Limited and have no regrets at all. I had no problems with the electronics whatsoever. Not to say the Lexus was a bad car. In fact the Lexus is a great car. However, you pay for it when you buy the car and each visit at the dealer. The Edge is a great car and well priced.

Oakplank

Edited by oakplank

Thanks for all of the replies...again with all the features that we want we are only $5k less than an RX 350. So ti just comes down to preference, feel, style, etc. We probably wouldn't have to install the updates because we are ordering from the factory and not taking a vehicle off the lot. Takes about 6 to 8 weeks to get.

Did you test drive the Murano? If so what did you think of it?

Edited by blitz118

I picked up my 2011 SEL in November, love it! I had traded in my 2009 Chevy Traverse because I had experienced multiple transmission problems (including replacement with a new tranny) and couldn't get anywhere with Chevy or GM - We love the Edge, much better value. I miss the 3rd row/cargo space from the Chevy but the Edge makes up for it in comfort/convenience features. Very comfortable, quiet, good performer, handles well in the snow, lots of extras.

The SYNC system can be frustrating but when it works, it works beautifully. Before I leased the Edge I test drove the Volvo XC60. An entirely different experience than the Edge, plus that was a Turbo. I really liked it but it was a little smaller and I couldn't justify the extra $100 per month. I am very impressed with the Edge and would highly recommend it.

I am now completely satisfied with my Edge. Had a problem with pulling to the right that took a couple of trips to the dealer to fix (dissatisfied with the dealers response, but did get it fixed), MFT touch worked until I took it in for the update, this also took 2 trips over 2 weeks to fix, and had to have the antenna module replaced a couple weeks ago.

All of the above had me frustrated, most of the frustration however in retrospect was actually caused by the dealers service departments attitude toward the Edge pulling to the right problem.

Now that all of the above are fixed and I have had time to actually enjoy the Edge I am very glad I purchased it. Like others have said the SYNC and MFT can be frustrating but when they are working right they are great. I will add however that if you do not like computers or technology you may get very frustrated with this vehicle.