aftermarket or billet grille for edge

edge22"

I don't like the billet either. At least not with it in all three sections.

It seems too busy and doesn't seem to tie in with anything around it or with the Edge.

I'm not saying it looks bad really... just that I personally don't care for it.

I like the 3 bars pretty well.

There's a picture in the Custom Edges thread I started of a green Edge at the SEMA show.

It has the factory grill but it appears powder-coated or something.

Very sharp, imho.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree. I think the top 2 without the bottom would look better. I dont have the fog lights so if i left it all black I think it would beat the stock grille.

well...i did it. i had just the top two grilles installed, and though it appears the majority of the opinions are for the factory stock, i prefer this. i agree that the 3-bar is probably what caught my attention, but after a while i felt it just looked and felt cheap. i think by replacing just the top two grilles, it doesnt seem like too much chrome or too overwhelming. i have already received plenty compliments from strangers, but i think anyone who owns an edge knows they've got an attractive car regardless. :-)

post-1115-1192580751_thumb.jpg

well...i did it. i had just the top two grilles installed, and though it appears the majority of the opinions are for the factory stock, i prefer this. i agree that the 3-bar is probably what caught my attention, but after a while i felt it just looked and felt cheap. i think by replacing just the top two grilles, it doesnt seem like too much chrome or too overwhelming. i have already received plenty compliments from strangers, but i think anyone who owns an edge knows they've got an attractive car regardless. :-)

post-1115-1192580751_thumb.jpg

I'm glad you like it. That is what counts.

• 5 months later...
wbwell3: "It's a huge improvement over the 3 bars."

Well...THAT's a matter of opinion. I still think it's way too busy and that's why I'll paint mine body color, probably.

BTW Precision has TWO part numbers for the Edge grill. The more expensive is for the top two openings while the less-expensive one is for the bottom opening.

Does anyone know if the grill on the 07 Edge in metal or plastic? If metal it can be powder coated but it cannot if plastic. You could only paint it.