aftermarket or billet grille for edge

edge22"

im trying to track down an aftermarket billet grille for my girlfriends edge. something that will also fill up the bottom two spots on the front end.like a 3 pc set. they seem kind of empty. the fusion has a similar front end styling but even with cutting ithink its highly unlikely to change a stock fusion grille into something that will fit an edge, and also look decent. thanks for any help!!

• 1 month later...
im trying to track down an aftermarket billet grille for my girlfriends edge. something that will also fill up the bottom two spots on the front end.like a 3 pc set. they seem kind of empty. the fusion has a similar front end styling but even with cutting ithink its highly unlikely to change a stock fusion grille into something that will fit an edge, and also look decent. thanks for any help!!

Thanks, to anyone who looked for a grille for me. I found one and had it installed today. Its a 3pc grille set that fills all 3spots including the two voids below the main grille and also gets rid of that ginormus ford emblem on the front. It looks awesome and I am even more excited about the over all apearence of this edge!

Thanks, to anyone who looked for a grille for me. I found one and had it installed today. Its a 3pc grille set that fills all 3spots including the two voids below the main grille and also gets rid of that ginormus ford emblem on the front. It looks awesome and I am even more excited about the over all apearence of this edge!

Interested in how it looks. Can you post photos and supplier info...

-thanks

We're most likely purchasing a MKX next spring and I would like to find a replacement grille for that. I prefer the waterfall grill like previous Lincolns.

It's not that simple to replace a grill on an MKX, I know mine has been done twice. Actually your WHOLE front end will have to come off, to put a new grill in/on. By whole front end. I mean the bumper with the grill, their integral. Try to slip your hand into the lower slot below the grill and see what you feel. Those 4 bolts that show when you pop the hood. will give you no access to the grill. I'd suggest if you find a replacement, have a collision center put it in for you.

• 2 weeks later...
sorry my camera crapped out, i gotta get a new one. bad timing i know. ill get on it asap.

the billet grille is made by precision grilles and its 3 pcs. it costs approx $300.00. my car will look a little different than most because mine has a color matched body kit. but there are pictures on line of the stock sel+. the grille is a bitch to install, you have to "flop down" the whole front end. and remove all of the plastic from behind. but if your handy its totally possible. ill post pics as soon as i can. sorry

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey heres a picture of the precision grille from the site trucknvans.com

80309596PK-2.jpg

http://www.trucknvans.com/Custom_Grilles_F...7_08_s/3259.htm

$280 with free shipping

I just switched from driving a 2000 F150 to driving my dads 2004 F150 for a while and got a new 07 edge and this is gonna be one of the first things I purchase. It's a huge improvement over the 3 bars.

post-1720-1191287043_thumb.jpg

wbwell3: "It's a huge improvement over the 3 bars."

Well...THAT's a matter of opinion. I still think it's way too busy and that's why I'll paint mine body color, probably.

BTW Precision has TWO part numbers for the Edge grill. The more expensive is for the top two openings while the less-expensive one is for the bottom opening.

Edited by jeffreybehr

wbwell3: "It's a huge improvement over the 3 bars."

Well...THAT's a matter of opinion. I still think it's way too busy

Busy... :yup: .......Way too much chrome.....the middle and bottom pieces just seem too much......The top section has potential ....IF ...it were a little more spaced out between the bars......and I'm liking that the monster blue oval is gone...BUT...with the bugs in the South...A guy would be 3 days a week scrubbing that .....Happy.... :shift: ....Sr..

Hey heres a picture of the precision grille from the site trucknvans.com

80309596PK-2.jpg

http://www.trucknvans.com/Custom_Grilles_F...7_08_s/3259.htm

$280 with free shipping

I just switched from driving a 2000 F150 to driving my dads 2004 F150 for a while and got a new 07 edge and this is gonna be one of the first things I purchase. It's a huge improvement over the 3 bars.

i think i like it. i dont like the 3 bar chrome. i think it looks cheap and i hate the large ford emblem. how much was the install?