Floor Mats and Seat Covers

Aaronp1966

We have a 2011 MKX and are looking for custom floor liners and a cover for the back seats. Something along the lines of husky liners for the floor. Not too picky on the seat cover something that will stand up to our yellow lab and protect the leather. Anyone have any luck? No one seems to carry any prducts for the 2011. Are the mats the same as 2010?

I bought 2010 OEM floor mats for my 2011 MKX. The only difference I could find was that the 2011 has an extra retainer hook on the driver's side (on the right by the seat) that the 2010 didn't have. Other than that they fit fine. they aren't as "deep" as I would have liked though.

The rear cargo mat is interesting. It is grippy on the top so your stuff doesn't slide around at all, but the bottom isn't very grippy so the whole mat moves around a bit. This isn't that big of a deal, except it'll partially cover up the rear door close button if it slides to the left too much.

I was holding out for Weathertech to offer 2011 mats, but the snow got here first. I'll probably trade up to them next year (or Huskys, as a friend recommended them too). We put Weathertechs in mt GF's Accord and we both have been impressed with them.

And why would you ever want to cover up that gorgeous perforated leather in the MKX? Oh yeah, dog's toenails. We just keep keep a cheap fleece blanket in the back for the rare occasions our beagle/schnauzer rides in the car.

We have a 2011 MKX and are looking for custom floor liners and a cover for the back seats. Something along the lines of husky liners for the floor. Not too picky on the seat cover something that will stand up to our yellow lab and protect the leather. Anyone have any luck? No one seems to carry any prducts for the 2011. Are the mats the same as 2010?

I bought this for my previous vehicle and it works great in my 2011 Edge. I assume the back seats are similar / same in the MKX.

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed my Husky Floor LIners. They cover a lot of carpet! The driver's side covers the area for the foot rest PLUS curls around to cover the carpet in front of the foot rest. Nice deep to contain melting snow. Also, the mats go back to the seat rails. The passenger side covers the carpet way up front for people who stretch out. I dropped my Ford all weather mats on top of the Huskys because I prefer the extra cushioning. The Ford mats fit very well in the Huskys and don't side around, but I plan on adding some velcro to hold the Ford mats in palce. Also, tons of space uner the accelerator pedal so no problems with carpet bunching up.

I needed some mats and got tired of waiting for WeahterTech. BTW, based on the photos I see online, the WeatherTechs leave the hold down post open and the Huskys cover the area so no water drips to your carpet.

Once our weather warms up I need to shampoo the carpets

I bought OEM mats for mine and an quite disappointed. The lip is not deep enough back by the seats, resulting in all kinds of salty slush to leak onto the carpet. Ii definitely will be looking into the Huskys since WeatherTech still doesn't have them.

Does anyone know the safest way to get salt out of the carpet?

My dad just told me he waits until the white salty crud drys out. He uses a stiff bristled brush to brush the salt and vacuums up the residue. He stated you may need to brush the carpet a few times. Next, use a shampoo to clean the carpet. He stressed, follow the can's directions.

So, need to wait for Spring and the snow to leave.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been keeping an eye on the weathertech.com website, and I see they now offer DigitalFit Floorliners for the 2011 Edge. I've never used WeatherTech products, but have been told by a local shop they make quality stuff.

The website specifies their floor mats only work with the dual floor post retention devices, but I'm assuming all of the '11 models use the same snap-in mat holders. Does anyone know otherwise?

I've used many Weathertech products over the years and they're quality stuff. I know my Limited uses dual posts for the driver's side. I'm assuming all Edge models use dual posts, but you know what they say about assuming...............

Finally, I went with a set of Husky liners in the front because I had to protect the floor from the snow. The Ford rubber mats just didn't cover well enough. The Huskys work very well. I placed the Ford mats on top for added cushioning, but need to add a few pieces of velcro so the Ford mats don't slide. I do see a lot of clearence between the accelerator pedal and mats so I'm OK.

Finally, I went with a set of Husky liners in the front because I had to protect the floor from the snow. The Ford rubber mats just didn't cover well enough. The Huskys work very well. I placed the Ford mats on top for added cushioning, but need to add a few pieces of velcro so the Ford mats don't slide. I do see a lot of clearence between the accelerator pedal and mats so I'm OK.

Ditto...got mine on Amazon and they fit pretty well and have good coverage.

The 2010 Weathertech digital fit mats fit the 2011 perfectly. I was lucky enough that a shop had them and I tested before I bought and right before the snow!

I got the all weather mats as well from ford and I just put them on top as I like the "EDGE" sign on the factory rubber mats. Lots of clearance under the pedels with them there as well.

Hope that helps.

The 2010 Weathertech digital fit mats fit the 2011 perfectly. I was lucky enough that a shop had them and I tested before I bought and right before the snow!

I got the all weather mats as well from ford and I just put them on top as I like the "EDGE" sign on the factory rubber mats. Lots of clearance under the pedels with them there as well.

Hope that helps.

[/quote

I bought the Weathertechs for my 11 Sport too & have no fit problems. It is missing the second hole for the hook on the driver side mat, but I put mine over the factory mats.

The 2010 Edge mats had one post and the 2011 started using the 2 post, I know cause my dealer ordered the wrong mats cause it said the 2010 and 2011 used the same mats.

FYI Weather tech did not sell the 2011 mats until recently, this is why it asks now if it is 2 post attachment.

• 2 months later...

By chance, does anyone have a picture of the latest "Digital" WeatherTech mats, particularly for the driver's area? I would also like to see how the Husky brand covers the driver's area as well. If your picture(s) are of a 2011 Edge, bonus points for you! I am on the fence between the WeatherTech and Husky floor mats (for the front and second row seats as well as the cargo area). I know that both are excellent products, but I only want to make this purchase once and not have any "regrets" after the fact for some small detail.

THANKS!

By chance, does anyone have a picture of the latest "Digital" WeatherTech mats, particularly for the driver's area? I would also like to see how the Husky brand covers the driver's area as well. If your picture(s) are of a 2011 Edge, bonus points for you! I am on the fence between the WeatherTech and Husky floor mats (for the front and second row seats as well as the cargo area). I know that both are excellent products, but I only want to make this purchase once and not have any "regrets" after the fact for some small detail.

THANKS!

What detail would you like to see. They look just like the pics on the Weathertech website. I really like them. So much better than stock all-weather mats. If I was to change one thing I would make it a bit longer for the driver's left foot.

• 4 weeks later...

Weather Tech is local to me, and I picked up the front,mid, and tailgate liner. Digital Fit in black for my 2011 Edge.

The passenger has no post holes, and the dual driver post is a covered system which i am very happy with since we get a fair amount of snow and rain in Chicago.

Photos are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/xmikedx/sets/72157627099271600/

I agree that the wait was not my fav. but I am happy i held out for these and i would deffinetly get them again. I also seen a set on a 2011 civic and again just an excellent fit.