2008 Ford Edge Color Samples

Edge Guide

• 2 weeks later...

Now at 246,000 miles (no, this is not a typo, it's a Ford Commercial waiting to happen, but they don't seem to want to put me in it. That's OK, look for me on You Tube soon) I am *starting* to think about a new Ford. I will buy a new Ford, but what I can't understand is why they don't make the car I want in the color I want.

I have driven a green Ford Taurus for 10 years now. When I first saw the Ford Edge, I knew this was the car I wanted. I began to configure it and lo and behold, they don't make it in green. Then the new Ceo at Ford, Alan Mulally, is quoted as saying that "...he has demanded that product engineers create uniform parts that most Fords can share, which he believes will lead to leaner and more reliable production." Well, here's a newsflash, start with the COLORS! You make the Ford 500/Taurus in an aspen green and you make one of the trucks in green. Furthermore, Ford continues to promote itself as a "Green" company but yet you don't make the Ford Edge in green. While I am not a branding expert, I would think that if you want to have a consistent theme, then you would make the car in green. In my opinion that means you would be able to share the paint for acheiving the leaner and more reliable production.

I love how Ford wants to cut costs to become more profitable. Why not add into that same theme the fact that they should want to sell more cars and make more money! If you continue to sell the products that nobody wants, it is not going to matter how much you shave off in costs, you still have the same revenue stream. If I can make my suggestion, I want cars that don't contribute to the production and or consumption of anything that wreaks of middle east and oil. Enough is enough. Where are the cars running on CNG or other alternative energy? You have one car that does that today.

If you want to sell more cars, why not make the experience more enjoyable. I have never seen another product that costs so much money but that sits in a parking lot waiting to be taken home. Imagine if the large consumer electronic retailers put all the appliances in the parking lot? What fun is that. Half the enjoyment of picking out that new TV is being somewhere comfortable and bright to discuss the features of the product. Why not create "Test tracks" at the dealerships for test driving the cars and make it a more enjoyable experience.

I want Ford to do well, I will help them in whatever way I can, and I do so today with my three simple point plan. Create products that people want, create products that contribute toward a better tommorrow and make the experience fun.

With that being said, I hope Ford someday finds me in their demographic and allows me to help them in whatever way I can.

JJD

P.S. If Ford wants to create a "Limited" edition Ford Edge in Green, feel free to add it in with cranberry leather seats. (Spilled sodas don't stain as easily in the cranberry color)

P.S. If Ford wants to create a "Limited" edition Ford Edge in Green, feel free to add it in with cranberry leather seats. (Spilled sodas don't stain as easily in the cranberry color)

Now I know what they mean when they say, "There's an ass for every seat." :wacko:

lol.........ok, duh...........lost my mind there for a bit! sorry.

2008 EDGE COLOUR & TRIM AVAILABILITY

Interior Colour Camel Medium / Light Stone / Charcoal Black

SEL Cloth Seats (Front Heated)

LIMITED Leather-Trimmed Seats (w/front heated seats)

Interior Appearance Package w/red leather seat inserts --4W

EXTERIOR COLOUR CODE Availability Dark Ink Blue Clearcoat Metallic DI • • Redfire Clearcoat Metallic G2 • • • Blazing Copper Clearcoat Metallic GW • • Light Ice Blue Clearcoat LS • • Crème Brulee Clearcoat Metallic PH • • White Sand Clearcoat Metallic PV • • Black Clearcoat UA • • • Vapour Silver ZY • • • Redfire Clearcoat Metallic G2 • Black Clearcoat UA • Vapour Silver ZY •

2008 EDGE COLOUR & TRIM AVAILABILITY

Interior Colour Camel Medium / Light Stone / Charcoal Black

SEL Cloth Seats (Front Heated)

LIMITED Leather-Trimmed Seats (w/front heated seats)

Interior Appearance Package w/red leather seat inserts --4W

EXTERIOR COLOUR CODE Availability Dark Ink Blue Clearcoat Metallic DI • • Redfire Clearcoat Metallic G2 • • • Blazing Copper Clearcoat Metallic GW • • Light Ice Blue Clearcoat LS • • Crème Brulee Clearcoat Metallic PH • • White Sand Clearcoat Metallic PV • • Black Clearcoat UA • • • Vapour Silver ZY • • • Redfire Clearcoat Metallic G2 • Black Clearcoat UA • Vapour Silver ZY •

Is the Pewter color gone for 2008? I test drove a Pewter SEL Limited and fell in love, but the 2008 order guide doesn’t list Pewter.

Edited by DeeKC

Is the Pewter color gone for 2008? I test drove a Pewter SEL Limited and fell in love, but the 2008 order guide doesn’t list Pewter.

Pewter is one of the four that is done for 08'. I was hoping to get a sage edge here soon but sage is gone too. I am a little disappointed they would take colors away after only a year. So now I would pick the white sand of the silver.

I am very disappointed with new edge colors. I don't see any of the colors I like.

The one color we were interested in was (Dark Amethyst) which I guess has been done away with. They don't any good red such as Merlot.

Who ever does the color selection at ford should go look another job, as he or she does not know Colors!

It's hard to believe that FORD would launch a vehicle without WHITE being a color option. Evidently some of Fords executives haven't studied Color choices over the years. I guess that's what happens when you let Jerry's Kid's pick the color choices for your company...

No offense DirtEddie but I'm sure we'd see just as many critics saying "I can't believe Ford puts out the same old boring White ever year. Don't they have anyone in Ford with any creativity?" You can't win either way. Personally I think White is boring is looks like a gov't vehicle. It's not like Ford didn't offer other light colors. i.e. Creme and Light Sage I give Kudos to Ford to offering Copper and Amethyst. You wouldn't have seen a bold color like that in the past. Ford's just trying to stay current.

No offense DirtEddie but I'm sure we'd see just as many critics saying "I can't believe Ford puts out the same old boring White ever year. Don't they have anyone in Ford with any creativity?" You can't win either way. Personally I think White is boring is looks like a gov't vehicle. It's not like Ford didn't offer other light colors. i.e. Creme and Light Sage I give Kudos to Ford to offering Copper and Amethyst. You wouldn't have seen a bold color like that in the past. Ford's just trying to stay current.

Ok but they have dropped the Dark amethyst.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...