First detailing of 2011 Edge SEL

We bought this Edge for my wife back in October 2010, and I've given it a few decent cleanings since then but never really done a detailing, even a moderate one. Today I finally did, in preparation for a big trip out west in a few weeks.

0. Prep with Turtle Wax bug and tar remover on grill, leading hood edge, mirrors, rocker panels

1. Wash with blend of Armor All soap and Optimum No Rinse

2. Clay bar

3. Wash with Optimum No Rinse

4. Apply Menzerna Power Lock paint sealant via Porter Cable polisher

5. Vacuum

6. Power wash all-weather mats with some dish soap

5. Apply Meguiar's no-gloss interior trim cleaner/protectant and clean all interior surfaces

6. Lexol leather cleaner

7. Lexol leather conditioner

8. Meguiar's tire dressing gel

So here she is, prettied up! Thought I should take pictures since my wife's car being this clean is a pretty rare sight.

post-11635-0-70746600-1312650853_thumb.jpg

post-11635-0-01046000-1312650862_thumb.jpg

post-11635-0-08190000-1312650869_thumb.jpg

post-11635-0-86081000-1312650875_thumb.jpg

We bought this Edge for my wife back in October 2010, and I've given it a few decent cleanings since then but never really done a detailing, even a moderate one. Today I finally did, in preparation for a big trip out west in a few weeks.

0. Prep with Turtle Wax bug and tar remover on grill, leading hood edge, mirrors, rocker panels

2. Clay bar

5. Vacuum

5. Apply Meguiar's no-gloss interior trim cleaner/protectant and clean all interior surfaces

6. Lexol leather cleaner

So here she is, prettied up! Thought I should take pictures since my wife's car being this clean is a pretty rare sight.

Looks great But I get tired just thinking about all that work!!

2. Clay bar

5. Vacuum

6. Lexol leather cleaner

Looks great. Don't you feel better when it's all clean?

It is work but not too bad if you take care of it on a regular basis.

...now. I'm reminded about my dirty/neglected interior!

It looks great. Is it better than when you got it?

So, how many hours did it take to get it like this?

Yeah I do think it's better than when we got it...the dealership products are greasy and cheap and usually just make it look shiny for a couple days, but then wear off. It took me about 3 hours to do all this.

Great job, it looks fantastic! The Power Lock is great stuff isnt' it?

Heck yes, I love PowerLock. I've tried just about everything, and have boxes full of car care products that I don't use anymore and are probably expired by now, but I keep coming back to the Menzerna Power Lock. It's easy to apply and creates an awesome look and finish, and it lasts a pretty long time.

Heck yes, I love PowerLock. I've tried just about everything, and have boxes full of car care products that I don't use anymore and are probably expired by now, but I keep coming back to the Menzerna Power Lock. It's easy to apply and creates an awesome look and finish, and it lasts a pretty long time.

The Power Lock is sooooo easy to use. Wiping it off is just like buffing air, as I'm sure you've noticed. Their previous sealant, Full Molecular Jacket, was even a little bit easier to use. Depending on your washing habits and environmental conditions, you'll see at least 4 months durability and 6 months isn't out of the question either. :)