App Link on Gen2 ?

wilsons66604

Has anyone heard any status on the App Link feature for our MyFordTouch? Last I heard it was going to be available early 2011.

Did Ford stop development for our current system to focus on the new generation of Touch?

I've got Pandora and Stitcher still waiting on my iPhone

Which would you prefer they fix first?

App Link will come in mid 2012 after the complete rewrite of MFT is out in early 2012. I have this from a reliable source with direct knowledge of the work being done on MFT.

Priorities -- no one cares about App Link while so many people are still having serious performance issues.

App Link will come in mid 2012 after the complete rewrite of MFT is out in early 2012. I have this from a reliable source with direct knowledge of the work being done on MFT.

Priorities -- no one cares about App Link while so many people are still having serious performance issues.

Thanks for the info.

Is there anything else you can share about the rewrite version?

Just that what you may have seen in other areas here on the forum is essentially correct -- it's complete rewrite, from the ground up, with a different programming team. They'll be making minor changes to the interface here and there to clean it up a bit, but on the whole the front end is supposed to look the same -- it will just be WAY faster and more reliable. Early 2012 is the anticipated release date. Ford knows they screwed up MFT big time, and they're doing everything they can to make sure this new release will be solid and fast.

They're also exploring different ways of distributing this update -- you *may* not have to go to your dealer to do it, but that's not confirmed yet. What is pretty certain at this point is that after the rewrite is out in early 2012, you'll never have to go to the dealer for subsequent updates. All updates after that point, big or small, will be able to be done via your own USB stick.

• Like 1

You mentioned a couple of things I hadn't heard before.

I was previously assuming that the interface would be re-designed as well but it sounds like they are sticking with the current one. That's OK with me. I never had any problems with the layout of the interface.

I can't wait to for the option to update at home.

"Early 2012" can't get here soon enough!

You mentioned a couple of things I hadn't heard before.

I was previously assuming that the interface would be re-designed as well but it sounds like they are sticking with the current one. That's OK with me. I never had any problems with the layout of the interface.

I can't wait to for the option to update at home.

"Early 2012" can't get here soon enough!

I got second paddle in that canoe.

• 1 year later...