Rear entertainment system

PFA

Why is it that you cannot get the rear enter. system in the rear with the Vista roof? Doesn't Ford know how to put them in the back of the headrests? That would even clear the view for the rear view mirror. I would have thought this would have been an option. Seems to me like they are missing the boat on a fully optioned vehicle.

I don't think Ford was originally going to do headrest entertainment. But it was an option listed on the early "Build and Price" as a possible future option. My guess is that so many asked for it, they decided to make it an option.

I had checked that option myself, as well as BlueTooth. Now that I'm ordering and Edge, I'm not actually getting the DVD headrest though. Too expensive and won't use it enough. Hey! I didn't have one when I was young, why should my kid?? LOL! That's my story and I'm sticking too it.

On a side note, anyone else notice on that same brochure, they had listed something like "Heavy duty weather" floor matts? It said in addition to the carpeted ones. I'm asking my dealer about this one. I'm hoping they are like my Catch-All's I put in my truck. Those are nice color matched, but tough large matts. They'll hold a full can of pop and not overspill.

It's a dealer installed option. Show the dealer page 9 of this if he seems dumbfounded...

http://www.fordvehicles.com/assets/pdf/200...e%20cat_NAV.pdf

According to some info gleaned from the Ford press releases for SEMA, looks like the system will be the Invision REVOLUTION III. Invision claims to be a dealer-installed product, however, you can find a dual-headrest package online for ~$1,800 USD.

prod_rev3.jpg

The Revolution series of headrest entertainment introduces the Rev III. Features include:

• Dual 7" adjustable monitors

• 1 remote control for all functions

• 2 factory replacement headrests

• Backlit front panel control buttons

• Custom cables for quick installation

• On-screen display (OSD) menu functions

• 2 dual channel infrared headphones

• Integrated game ports on front

• TFT LCD widescreen monitor (16:9)

• Headphone jack for wired headphones

• IR transmitter (audio)

• Fully integrated top-loading slot-load DVD player

• Core replacement; advance exchange

• 2 independent DVD players

• Can watch same video on both monitors w/o jumper cable

• TV tuner

• Concealed additional A/V inputs

• Optional: 4 headrest system

• Optional: Wired FM modulator

• Factory matched warranty

• 7 months later...
Why is it that you cannot get the rear enter. system in the rear with the Vista roof? Doesn't Ford know how to put them in the back of the headrests? That would even clear the view for the rear view mirror. I would have thought this would have been an option. Seems to me like they are missing the boat on a fully optioned vehicle.

i found out that unless you order the lcd headrests that are in the broshure from the ford plant you cant get them. the actually have to install them when they are assembeling the car. something to do with wiring them into the system. you would have to go with something aftermarket. they are in the edge broshure but you cant realy get them prety lame!!

i found out that unless you order the lcd headrests that are in the broshure from the ford plant you cant get them. the actually have to install them when they are assembeling the car. something to do with wiring them into the system. you would have to go with something aftermarket. they are in the edge broshure but you cant realy get them prety lame!!

That isn't true. I had the dealer install the exact headrests shown in the brochure. They were installed on a car that just had the normal headrests (the original headrests are now in my basement). I think the dealer subcontracted to a audio installer, who ran the wires for power/etc. through the seats. Find another dealer who will install them for you.

That isn't true. I had the dealer install the exact headrests shown in the brochure. They were installed on a car that just had the normal headrests (the original headrests are now in my basement). I think the dealer subcontracted to a audio installer, who ran the wires for power/etc. through the seats. Find another dealer who will install them for you.

I asked my salesman about these for the MKX. He told me they are dealer installed. $1995.

• 3 weeks later...
That is cool, but alas it is two separate DVD players. It'd be nice if the screens were slaved to a unit up front.

I just had the twin DVD players installed by the dealer and they did a super job. All the wires are tucked away and it looks like it came from the factory already installed. I have a hard time getting rid of my grandkids when they ride in the back seat because they want to stay back there and play the preloaded video games.