What do people do that irritates you?

Dingo

Okay, let's see what irritates people most that's not Ford-related. I'll start. Here are a few:

1. People that say "literally," all the time, and bonus piss-off points for saying it when referring to something figurative, e.g., "I literally died laughing."

2. People that say "your," when ordering from a restaurant, e.g., "I'll have your filet mignon." Your server does not own your steak.

3. People that don't pronounce the first "R," in "February."

4. My ex-wife breathing the same air that I do.

5. Overweight people riding the little electric carts in retail stores. They're for the handicapped, not the lethargic.

Continue at your leisure.

People that say,"To be honest....." guess that means you are lying the rest of the time

People that do not use their turn signal.......it's so bad, I no longer mind the people that leave theirs on. :shift:

People that check out a full cart of groceries in the 12 item line.

Cashiers that allow people to check out a full cart of groceries in the 12 item line.

People who do a month's worth of banking at the ATM.

My boss opens his mouth. :rant2:

People who stop in the middle of the aisle in the grocery store oblivious to the other people trying to get past them.

People who jump a line of cars waiting to turn right or left or people who jump the line of cars waiting to merge.

People who type "break' instead of "brake" (multiple times).

People who type "would of" or "could of" instead of "would've" or "could've".

I could go on for hours......

People that don't understand what ground sensors are and sit 30 feet before the intersection so that the left turn arrow NEVER goes green. (I LITERALLY tongue.gif, had to get out of my car last week and help a guy pull his car forward)

People (Guys) that can't pee in a urinal properly and leave a moat for my shoes or laces to wick up.

People that sit their cars in the MIDDLE of the right lane blocking any would-be right turners.

People that intentionally drive the same speed as others in different lanes creating a traffic wall.

That's all I could come up with in 3.1415926 minutes.

People that don't understand what ground sensors are and sit 30 feet before the intersection so that the left turn arrow NEVER goes green. (I LITERALLY tongue.gif, had to get out of my car last week and help a guy pull his car forward)

People (Guys) that can't pee in a urinal properly and leave a moat for my shoes or laces to wick up.

People that sit their cars in the MIDDLE of the right lane blocking any would-be right turners.

People that intentionally drive the same speed as others in different lanes creating a traffic wall.

That's all I could come up with in 3.1415926 minutes.

So glad you clarified on the "Guys" one. :)

And I so will make a traffic wall if a person deserves it.

I have way to many things to list on here.

People that think that they are better than me, yet they don't even know who the hell I am.

Those that think they ae "better" because they drive a Lexus, BMW, etc, and the wife and I have a Lincoln and Explorer - TFB !

Those that always "ASK", BUT never "GIVE".

People that discuss religion and politics ( keep this to yourself).

Women that ALWAYS leave "the seat" down.

Edited by JOEHIO

1. It is not "In regards to," it is "with regard to"

2. People who do not know when to use their, there, or they're

3. People who do not know when to use your or you're

4. The on-ramp merge challenged. It's quite simple; you either go faster to merge ahead of the

traffic, or you reduce your speed to merge behind traffic. You don't match your speed to the

traffic on the right-of-way, run beside traffic, and force it to merge with YOU!

5. The word is "regardless," not "irregardless"

6. People who overuse and abuse the ellipsis

7. "It's" is the contraction of "it is" and NOT the posessive adjective/pronoun "its"

8. People who don't pull into the deceleration lane to exit the highway. They just slow down in

the right lane until they've reached the off-ramp then move over.

9. People who do not know when to use then or than

Edited by Anchorsaweigh

So glad you clarified on the "Guys" one. :)

And I so will make a traffic wall if a person deserves it.

I have way to many things to list on here.

In Kansas, it is against the law to drive in the left lane unless you are passing.

This law was passed because of the people who tend to make the "traffic walls"

The law doesn't help though. People still use the left lane to slow the flow of traffic.

Rogue apostrophes get me too. Blockbuster here had a sale, and the sign said, "DVD's on sale!"

Not to be pedantic, but the first comma in your statement is incorrect; is should be removed. Try, instead:

Blockbuster, here, had a sale. The sign said, "DVDs on sale!"

Notice that "here" is being used as an adverb following a noun and is correctly separated by commas. Without "here" the sentence would be punctuated as:

Blockbuster had a sale. The sign said, "DVDs on sale!"

You may also separate "sale" and "the" by a semi-colon and changing the "T" in "the" to lower case.

Cheers,

Bob

Edited by Anchorsaweigh

Not to be pedantic, but the first comma in your statement is incorrect; is should be removed. Try, instead:

Notice that "here" is being used as an adverb followed by a noun and is correctly separated by commas. Without "here" the sentence would be punctuated as:

You may also separate "sale" and "the" by a semi-colon and changing the "T" in "the" to lower case.

Cheers,

Bob

I have a feeling you are about to be added to the list LOL.

• Like 2

Notice that "here" is being used as an adverb followed by a noun and is correctly separated by commas. Without "here" the sentence would be punctuated as:

Cheers,

Bob

Touché. By the way, in your first sentence, "is" should be "it." In both of your restatings of my sentence, you're missing the very rogue apostrophe to which I referred. The initial quotation mark is missing from both as well. Your third sentence is missing a comma before "the sentence." The fifth sentence has incorrect verb tense agreement.

Now, back to the apostrophe... :)

Touché. By the way, in your first sentence, "is" should be "it." In both of your restatings of my sentence, you're missing the very rogue apostrophe to which I referred. The initial quotation mark is missing from both as well. Your third sentence is missing a comma before "the sentence." The fifth sentence has incorrect verb tense agreement.

Now, back to the apostrophe... :)

Not to be pedantic, but the first comma in your statement is incorrect; it should be removed. Try, instead:

Notice that "here" is being used as an adverb following a noun and is correctly separated by commas. Without the word "here," the sentence would be punctuated as:

You may also separate "sale" and "the" by a semi-colon and change the "T" in "the" to lower case.

I should have spent a few extra seconds proofing my own post. :banghead:

Now, with regard to the rogue apostrophe, I agree; it is incredibly annoying.

By the way, it's refreshing to know that in this world of electronic communications, where texting is destroying grammar and punctuation, there are still people out there who are even knowledgeable.

Cheers,

Bob

Bob, you would be amazed if you saw my phone. All of my texts are correctly capitalized and punctuated.

I die a little inside when I see "Drive Thru," "Lite," and "Ketchup."

Why ketchup? Heinz spells it that way. And IMO, they are the leading Ketchup authority.

I die when I see "Catsup". Or a restaurant that serves NON-Heinz in Heinz bottles. Now that irritates me!

1. People who don't have lift/elevator etiquette and think it's normal to push their way in without first letting others out! (I like to press all the buttons as I leave just to piss them off.

2. People that don’t use indicators! I once thought that I had a sixth sense or some extraordinary ability to predict the future …..but I don't. Use your indicators! They come as standard…. not optional!

3. People who say double negatives. e.g.: I aint seen nothin! Huh? Oh you mean…..I haven't seen anything?

4. People that think "kindly" is an alternative to saying "please". Hey….it isn’t!

5. People who say "erb" instead of "herb"! The H is not silent in English people! The exception is for our French speaking friends. :)