2008 Limited

I'm glad to see the 2008 Limited will be decked out with standard options. i.e. RSS, Homelink, Sync, 18" Chrome Rims

I'm curoius however how much this will push the base price to? The '07 SEL+ base was $29,070 and I'm guessing the '08 Limited will be around $31,500 given the standard options. I also wonder how much more the 20" Chrome rims will cost over the standard 18" Chrome rims. Maybe $395 more?

I now have some pricing information on the 2008 Limited*

_______________Invoice___________MSRP

Base Price---------$28,525---------------- $30,320

20" Chrome Rims-----$761-------------------$895

Power Life Gate-------$417-------------------$490

DVD Entertainment--$1101-----------------$1295

DVD Nav---------------$1696-----------------$1995

Sirius Sat Radio-------$166-------------------$195

*Limited includes Sync, RSS, Homelink, 18" Chrome rims, and Leather

I now have some pricing information on the 2008 Limited*

_______________Invoice___________MSRP

Base Price---------$28,525---------------- $30,320

20" Chrome Rims-----$761-------------------$895

Power Life Gate-------$417-------------------$490

DVD Entertainment--$1101-----------------$1295

DVD Nav---------------$1696-----------------$1995

Sirius Sat Radio-------$166-------------------$195

*Limited includes Sync, RSS, Homelink, 18" Chrome rims, and Leather

Are these figures reliable?......

Any idea when they will start taking orders on the 08?

The dealer I emailed told me end of August.

It's one of those nightmare dealers though that chain you to the desk and pull all sorts of shenanigans with fianancing. So, I'm not sure if what they told me was true.

The dealer I emailed told me end of August.

It's one of those nightmare dealers though that chain you to the desk and pull all sorts of shenanigans with fianancing. So, I'm not sure if what they told me was true.

I ordered my 2008 Edge Limited last Tuesday (July 17). The build doesn't start until September 17.

edgebob,

Did you actually place an order by selecting options or just place some sort of deposit? The dealer here says ordering them now is crazy talk but, again, I'm not near the greatest dealer.

I sat down with my salesman, looked through a book with all the 2008 Edge info in it, and placed an order.

Here's the deal on 2008 Edge's: Ordering began July 16, Scheduling for the 2008 Edge build begins August 16, and production on the 2008 Edge begins September 17.

Perhaps your salesman, over at Podunk Ford Inc. should read up on what's going on.

I sat down with my salesman, looked through a book with all the 2008 Edge info in it, and placed an order.

Here's the deal on 2008 Edge's: Ordering began July 16, Scheduling for the 2008 Edge build begins August 16, and production on the 2008 Edge begins September 17.

By the way I have the same prices as those listed above except one change: Edge AWD Limited MSRP $32070.00 , Dealer invoice $30134.00

• 2 weeks later...

Job 2 is Sept. 7. Next week Ford will begin receiving orders for Job 2 production.

Nav radio is High risk and can cause an order to sit until restrictions are lifted.

Make sure your dealership has allocation for September and hope they don't put a higher priority on a later order just because they are somebody's buddy.

Good luck

On the limited, when they say power side mirrors, do they also power fold, or just power adjust?

Anyone know? Thanks.

I have the SEL + and assuming they are the same mirrors, they just power adjust. However, the mirrors can be programmed in addition to the seat settings. So when I drive, I press setting 1 and both the seat and the mirrors move to where I have them. I find that feature to be pretty cool.

Nav radio is High risk and can cause an order to sit until restrictions are lifted.

What do you mean by this? I just ordered my 2008 Edge today with DVD Navigation system and hopefully I don't get stuck in a crummy situation.

Edit: Nevermind. Just read the other replies. Thanks!

Edited by ATCS

ATCS - there is higher demand for Nav units than have been allocated to the assembly plant. They will only schedule what they can build.

If you are concerned about when you get your unit, ask your dealership what priority they put on your vehicle order. A 10 (highest dealer priority) will get scheduled before a 40 with the same specifications.

Keep in touch with your salesperson and have them try to locate a unit with your requirements every week or 10 days. Might save some time if you are in a hurry.

I wish salespeople would check the dealer bulletins they receive every Friday night so they could advise customers when assembly plants will be closed for vacation, changeover, etc. and what commodities are in short supply. It also tells them what weeks production is currently being scheduled at each plant.

Job 2 usually indicates a mid-year change in option packages accompanied with changes in the vehicle components affected. I have not seen anything yet, but it may have to do with SYNC and wiring harness changes to support it?????