20" Taurus SHO wheels

Walk-n-Edge

I'm actually sporting some 20in SHO wheels on my 2011 at the moment since the center bore on the 2011+ is the same size as the Taurus. The only problem was that they barely rubbed on the front brake caliper so I had to get some small spacers. I'll try to get some pics up at some point.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I used a 5mm spacer but you could probably get away with a 3 or even possibly a 2mm. When I test fitted the wheels without a spacer, they just barely rubbed the calipers in the front. The rear was fine.

4rav5l.jpg

Hi !

Your edge looks great with SHO wheels!

I want to do the same thing on my 4 day old edge and have some question before i buy the SHO wheels, please help!

1) Your SHO wheels, are they 20X8" or 20X9"?

2) Whats is the offset on SHO rims?

3) what size of tire do you have on them?

4) did 5mm spacer make you loose much threading on Lug studs? in other words, was there enough threading to secure the nuts 100%?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

I have a quick question - I own a 2013 Ford Edge Sport AWD (with 22s) and I need to get winter tires for this coming cold Winer season here in Canada.

Buying 22 inch winter tires are super expensive, so I've got a lead on a new set of Blizzak tires (245/45 R20) on seperate rims. They reportedly came off a Taurus SHO.

The wheels (rims) are 8.5" wide with a '114.3 x 5' bolt pattern.

Will these fit my Edge? Are there any issues I should worry about with the different in rims/tires?

Your help us appreciated!

Hi,

I have a quick question - I own a 2013 Ford Edge Sport AWD (with 22s) and I need to get winter tires for this coming cold Winer season here in Canada.

Buying 22 inch winter tires are super expensive, so I've got a lead on a new set of Blizzak tires (245/45 R20) on seperate rims. They reportedly came off a Taurus SHO.

The wheels (rims) are 8.5" wide with a '114.3 x 5' bolt pattern.

Will these fit my Edge? Are there any issues I should worry about with the different in rims/tires?

Your help us appreciated!

They're not OE SHO if they're 8.5, the SHO has only ever had 20x8 rims. Why hold yourself to 20in? A nice set of 18 would probably save you a lot of money and give you better performance in the snow.

• Like 1

Only because they are cheaper. Blizzaks on aluminum wheels vs hankooks on steel, which I've heard may change your ride feel... I thought it was smarter... But that's why I'm here looking for advice.

They're not OE SHO if they're 8.5, the SHO has only ever had 20x8 rims. Why hold yourself to 20in? A nice set of 18 would probably save you a lot of money and give you better performance in the snow.

• 10 months later...

I used a 5mm spacer but you could probably get away with a 3 or even possibly a 2mm. When I test fitted the wheels without a spacer, they just barely rubbed the calipers in the front. The rear was fine.

Hey Dave, I know it was a while ago but do you remember where you got the spacers?

Thanks,

-Russ

• 1 year later...

I have done some searching and have seen the Explorer wheels rub, but this is the first I see the Taurus wheel rubs.

RustyEdge... what size spacers did you need to usefor the Explorer wheels?

If spacers are needed for both, I would definitely prefer the Explorer wheels as they are 8.5" as opposed to the Taurus wheel only being 8".

They look identical in pictures...

Is there a difference between the front brake calipers/brackets on the 2014 Edge Sport AWD and the Limited/SEL AWD models?

I am looking at the bracket/carrier to see if I buy a spare, if I can file the bracket slightly to get the clearance needed. Everything I am finding shows it will work on all except with 22" wheel... so are the Sport brakes different?

2014WhiteEdgeSport - I use 3mm hub centric spacers. 5mm would work as well but you don't need the extra clearance. The spacers were hard to find but I got them from motorsport-tech.com .

Their website listed the incorrect hub size so I called and they had the right size in their records. They will make them any size you need really.

• Like 1