Eibach Springs Installed

PhantomX

Picked up the Eibach pro kit and it finally arrived so yesterday I had the springs installed. Figured I'd snap a couple quick pics since it's had a chance to settle. Definitely a difference when you see it next to the Wife's Edge. The ride is sublime, it's a tad firmer, corners flatter and is a lot more fun when you hit the on/off ramps. Heck I just took it down a little twisty road by the house and was having a blast, it handles damn good for a 4000lb vehicle. Overall I'm very happy with the end result and I highly recommend.

here are some quick shots from iPhone:

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

What do you think?

Picked up the Eibach pro kit and it finally arrived so yesterday I had the springs installed. Figured I'd snap a couple quick pics since it's had a chance to settle. Definitely a difference when you see it next to the Wife's Edge. The ride is sublime, it's a tad firmer, corners flatter and is a lot more fun when you hit the on/off ramps. Heck I just took it down a little twisty road by the house and was having a blast, it handles damn good for a 4000lb vehicle. Overall I'm very happy with the end result and I highly recommend.

here are some quick shots from iPhone:

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

What do you think?

Looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

How long to install a whole set of springs?

If you do it in your garage with the right tools (i.e. a spring compressor) a few hours. It's a bit of a pain on our vehicles because the bolts to the front struts are under the cowl and you have to wrench them out slowly. The rear helps to drop the cradle. I had a shop do mine for $225. They had the rear done in 30 minutes and the front took a bit longer (hour or so). I've done so many on my other cars I just didn't feel like messing with this one as its a touch more of a pain.

Any current progressions with the newly installed springs? Hows the ride with the 22'' wheels? I only ask as i have a 12 limited awd with the 18'' chrome rims. Just ordered the same kit from partscheap.com and will be soon ordering the 22'' sport rims from the dealer.

straight from their site:

After the installation of either an Eibach PRO-KIT, SPORTLINE spring kit or PRO-STREET, R1, R2 coil-over kit, a vehicle's alignment should always be checked. Once a vehicle is lowered, wheel camber may become excessively negative, meaning the top of the tire is angled inward (toward the center of the vehicle). While some negative camber aids in improving traction and road adhesion, too much can result in compromised handling and accelerated tire wear.

• 1 month later...

Any current progressions with the newly installed springs? Hows the ride with the 22'' wheels? I only ask as i have a 12 limited awd with the 18'' chrome rims. Just ordered the same kit from partscheap.com and will be soon ordering the 22'' sport rims from the dealer.

DO NOT ORDER WHEELS FROM THE DEALER!! $1600 a pop!!! you can grab a awesome set of wheels for less than a 1/4 of the price.. Also 30lbs lighter "per wheel" :banghead:

Looks good man... Ordering mine now along with ebc slotted/drilled rotors.. also finishing up the ny-trex kit.. i'll let you guys know how that turns out with 150hp jets... :shift:

Spray Paint the rotors with about 3 coats of black high temperature grill paint before you put them on. What pads are you getting?

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...