High Mileage Ford Edge

If someone bought one of the very first edges, they would have to drive close to 40k miles per year to be at 200k. The average American drives 12-15k per year, so I doubt there are many out there. That being said, I don't care if it's a Daewoo, a LeCar, or a DeLorean, if you properly maintain a vehicle, it has an indefinite lifespan.

If someone bought one of the very first edges, they would have to drive close to 40k miles per year to be at 200k. The average American drives 12-15k per year, so I doubt there are many out there. That being said, I don't care if it's a Daewoo, a LeCar, or a DeLorean, if you properly maintain a vehicle, it has an indefinite lifespan.

Ā 

Thank you! I will maintain the vehicle and hope it goes a long way. I didn't realize that maintenance plays the key role to make any vehicle lifespan long. All I hear is that an suv will not last as long as a car on the highway.

Thank you! I will maintain the vehicle and hope it goes a long way. I didn't realize that maintenance plays the key role to make any vehicle lifespan long. All I hear is that an suv will not last as long as a car on the highway.

Ā 

That's hogwash and is likely based on the older truck based SUVs. There is basically no difference between an Edge and a Fusion other than ride height and cosmetics/styling.

Ā 

No reason a modern car or crossover won't make 200K with regular maintenance.

My only advice for longevity with any vehicle, is to follow the recomended maintenance schedule. I've always followed "by the book", had a 1995 Explorer, averaged about 20K a year, sold it in 2002, with almost 150K on it, to friends for their daughter to have for college. She drove it back and forth from NJ to OH for years, just got rid of it this past summer, still ran strong, aand sold it for $1,500.

Edited by JOEHIO

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Currently have a 2008 Ford Edge SE with 257,000 miles on it. Three wheel bearings (two on right front) all new shocks and struts including strut bearing mounts. New Rear Output sensor installed (that was an expensive sensor 700 dollars) Only replaced brakes all around one time so far. All new lower control arms with ball joints, New sway bar links both sides and new outer tie rods on both sides. Note: some of this was done just to prevent further future needed replacement. Preventative if you must. Oil is changed about every 5-6K miles and tranny changed as required. Overall some minor body damage from side swipe and front end plastic rearranged by semi retread. Still looks pretty good and runs great with good power. I would say this is a definately a 300,000 plus mile vehicle. Just replace parts as they wear out.

Edited by macbwt
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Fluids & Filters are the key to success. And no cheap stuff...either oem or Purolator (or better, NO FRAM) filters & real full synthetic oil. Air intake filters too. At minimum f.ollow the book I agree that pretty much any modern vehicle will go the distance if you keep proper maintenance.