Brake Calipers?

I really like the reds also. I guess it depends on what look you're going for with you're Edge. If you're wanting to "sport" it up (lack of a better word), red is the way to go. Me personally, I'm looking to make my Edge look unique with more subdued mods and accessories. I think black fits with this intention.

My thoughts exactly kc300c......

I Got the MGP red caliper covers last fall and had a shop install them on my tuxedo black sport. I paid 200 dollars for them. With the 2011 sport wheels they did not have to take the wheels off, they were able to reach through the big gaps in the wheels to attach them. They are installed with clips that are tightened.. Have not had any problems with them and they help with keeping the brake dust down. Like someone else said they are made from aircraft aluminum and powder coated with the color..

Ā 

Ā 

Jerry in Minnesota...

• Like 1

I Got the MGP red caliper covers last fall and had a shop install them on my tuxedo black sport. I paid 200 dollars for them. With the 2011 sport wheels they did not have to take the wheels off, they were able to reach through the big gaps in the wheels to attach them. They are installed with clips that are tightened.. Have not had any problems with them and they help with keeping the brake dust down. Like someone else said they are made from aircraft aluminum and powder coated with the color..

Ā 

Ā 

Jerry in Minnesota...

Ā 

Picture please Jerry? I am thinking about red but it would be great to get an option for the sport logo instead of the Ford logo. Maybe they could do a group purchase and use the same logo process for those sport owners that want black covers as well...

Jerry, can you also include where you bought them (link)? cbaker23, I think you can buy them with custom wording and/or logos. I kind of like the "Ford" on them. Just my personal taste. "Sport" would look good though.

Ā 

Ā 

I bought them at MGP and believe it or not I do not own a digital camera.. Before I bought them I did see a fellow member with the same veh post a pic with them on and I will try to include it with this post. I don't know if you can customize the name on the covers ,, mine just have MGP on them.

Ā 

Ā 

Jerry in Minnesota

post-15446-0-07905400-1328407518_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Dont get those get the brembo brake caliper covers thats what im getting front/ rear for $20-$25 shipped from thailand the sell it on ebay all colors thats what im getting.

Ā 

The ones you are speaking of are PLASTIC... The MGP brake caliper covers are a high grade metal that won't fail over time. The plastic brembo brake caliper covers you are speaking of, have had issues with Melting when on long road trips especially in areas were brakes are used constantly, like in the Mountains.. Just a suggestion. They are cheap, but they are PLASTIC. Just a heads up. Also in the description on eBay it shows pics of them applying these with Silicone?? seriously? Thats a mess and a hassle to take off if ever needed to change the Calipers.. The MGP calipers are clipped on or bolted on from what I remember when researching them..

Ā 

http://www.ebay.com/...14693e8&vxp=mtr

Edited by Eatinitup

Ive had them on my cars for years never had one problem with them.everyone that seen my brakes they all thought i had the real brembo system.lol its all opinions u know.when i do mine im gonna do the brembo look again either going with the red or black color.it was just a heads up on the covers.lata guys

Should I put on black or red calipers on my Black Edge Sport?

I would go with red. I have a Black 2012 Sport and I found a company that does the emblem overlays. I ordered Black, but have not put them on because I started thinking about going with red instead and then doing red calipers. The overlays look like they are really good quality, but like I said, I haven't put them on yet.

• 5 months later...

I would go with red. I have a Black 2012 Sport and I found a company that does the emblem overlays. I ordered Black, but have not put them on because I started thinking about going with red instead and then doing red calipers. The overlays look like they are really good quality, but like I said, I haven't put them on yet.

Ā 

What did you decide I'm having the same issue black or red!? I've seen red I want to see blak on a black!!!