...glare..is it really....

svofan1

I heard many complains about the glare from the top of the center dask. Is this still a real problem or is something that only affected some of us but not really an issue....

Can anyone shine in on this?..thanks

We have the charcoal interior as well, and I've not noticed any glare problem from the dash.

Have an Edge with the Medium Light Stone interior. Yes, there is a reflection.

It can be mostly eliminated with a pair a polarized sunglasses...Honest!

Sorry to be a pain, but is the reflection from the aluminum center dash or from the interior color...I don't think some of us understood my question...and if it is with the brushed aluminum center dask do you guys/gals think that one of those nice either gray or wood overlays will elimnate the problem with the glare?..

As for the center stack - in the center of the windshield I can see the reflection... its not a glare - and its in the MIDDLE of the windshield not in driver sight lines.. and its brushed aluminum...

I watch the road when I drive and my rear view mirror - I pay no attention to the reflection in the middle of the window.

Glare is common on most vehicles with a big windshilde and angled like the Edge. Black absorbs light, thats why it gets so hot. The lighter the color, the more light it reflects. High gloss protectives like armor all makes the dash more reflective and the dash glare worse.

We have the camel interior, and I can definitely see a "reflection" of the center stack as well as the rest of the dash. It's one of those things that you don't usually notice, but when you do, you can't stop looking for it. And I agree with whoever said it is a "reflection", not a "glare".

In the right sun, I've noticed this on most of the cars I've ever driven. I certainly don't think it is a design flaw, just an occasional annoyance.

As for the center stack - in the center of the windshield I can see the reflection... its not a glare - and its in the MIDDLE of the windshield not in driver sight lines.. and its brushed aluminum...

I watch the road when I drive and my rear view mirror - I pay no attention to the reflection in the middle of the window.

Thanks for answering my question..I always thought the "glare" was a matter of individual perception...I do drive your style also...<S>

Thanks for answering my question..I always thought the "glare" was a matter of individual perception...I do drive your style also...<S>

The glare is a huge problem and safety issue on my Edge. I live in Florida and have the camel interior. Sometimes when driving you really can't see out of the windshield because it becomes a mirror.

I predict people will start getting into accidents because of this problem.... then the lawsuits and then the recalls.

Mark my words. I love the car, but this has become a really bad problem for me.

Paul

The glare is a huge problem and safety issue on my Edge. I live in Florida and have the camel interior. Sometimes when driving you really can't see out of the windshield because it becomes a mirror.

I predict people will start getting into accidents because of this problem.... then the lawsuits and then the recalls.

Mark my words. I love the car, but this has become a really bad problem for me.

Paul

Wow. I have the Camel Interior. Very sunny here in TN. It has been over 100 for the last couple of weeks almost.

I can see the reflection if I look for it. But it isn't a problem.

Maybe since you are closer to the equator.....

I have an '01 Taurus with gray interior and until seeing these posts about glare on the Edge,

never noticed the reflection of the dash.

However, as someone else noted on this post, when I put on my prescription polarized sunglasses,

it completely goes away.

I think if you are worried about being in an accident due to the 'glare', it would be well worth your time

to purchase some really good sunglasses.

IMO, I don't think this is just a Ford issue, it is an issue with all light interior cars in the sunlight.

Did you start to notice sploches in the factory dark tint glass on a lot of vehicles after that? I did.

:banghead:

WOW! I am PISSED! I recently bought a pair of polarized sunglasses (also at Walmart) and looked at other car windows. My vision was all messed up!!!! DING DING DING! You should NEVER see little dots in windows. That is distracting and dangerous!

SO....I checked the windows with and without the sunglasses. SURE ENOUGH, over about 8 miles I noticed it was not the same.... My wife has tinted sunglasses and took a trip and checked the other cars and then took the Edge on the same trip...SURE ENOUGH! She saw spots too! It is NOT right!. This makes all the cars with tint look all spotty and "splotchy"!!!!!! WHAT A SCAM! What can I do about this?

Check yours and report back...thes is MESSED UP! Man, am I MAD!

:banghead:

Check yours and report back...thes is MESSED UP! Man, am I MAD!

Easy now,,, Maybe the better approach would have been to CALMLY ask the service manager to please replace all the glass in each and every vehicle you see this in.

You have to remember, that only with polarized eyeballs, we lose that ability at around age 6 months, and it's only thru a man-made appliance that we pick up later in life, will these flaws become apparent.

Have you had someone else drive side by side with you, to observe if these 'splotch's' are only occurring in your vehicle? Another train of thought that comes to mind is, "Is it also doing the same thing, when you are using a GPS?"

Easy now,,, Maybe the better approach would have been to CALMLY ask the service manager to please replace all the glass in each and every vehicle you see this in.

You have to remember, that only with polarized eyeballs, we lose that ability at around age 6 months, and it's only thru a man-made appliance that we pick up later in life, will these flaws become apparent.

Have you had someone else drive side by side with you, to observe if these 'splotch's' are only occurring in your vehicle? Another train of thought that comes to mind is, "Is it also doing the same thing, when you are using a GPS?"

Nope, no lenses have been changed...since then, I have taken my hubby's other NEWER pair and got the same deal.

I called Wal-Mart and they just LAUGHED and blew me off.! But I am TELLING you...those that think you are getting GREAT sunglasses, check the lenses against others with the same tint. Remember, I am NOT talking about actual sunglasses...I am talking about actual lenses that you look through. You will be surprised.

I think this is a bigger conspiracy than we all realize. Not just Wal-Mart, but every sunglass manufacture who makes polarized lenses.

This is WRONG! I am PISSED!!

I think this is a bigger conspiracy than we all realize. Not just Wal-Mart, but every sunglass manufacture who makes polarized lenses.

This is WRONG! I am PISSED!!

I bet it's the Metric conversion. I remember know when I was in Europe, It always messed me up, when I found out I was on METRIC TIME. Remember those foreigners are dividing out hours into 100 minute's. Have your service manager check to see if Walmart can supply a new flux capacitor and report back if this helps with the polarization of the 'fleeting splochyness problem.

sheesh.. women...