Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Ford Edge ST Forum Here

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Intercooler - Sport

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   Mikula

Mikula

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 456 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:31 PM

My Ultimate Performance intercooler with the Garrett core #002 for the G2 Edge Sport 2.7L EcoBoost  just arrived !!! :happy feet:  :happy feet: . The welds and workmanship are great and with almost 70% more area than the stock IC it should work as good as it looks.  :2thumbs: Big thanks to snmjim and Special_K for making this happen  :thumbsup: . They have #001

You can get yours here:

https://ultimateperf...unt-intercooler

attachicon.gifG2 Ford Edge intercooler#002.JPG

Do you have a way of doing some performance tests with before and after intercooler? I really am thinking about one, but I need to see some substantial gains in power. I know you're not much of a 1/4 mile guy, but maybe make some 0-60 or 0-80 pulls before and after and post what kind of results you see. All I see so far is people talking about temperature differences, which of course equates to more power, but i'm looking for real numbers, not temps.

hopefully you can do this before you strap on those oversize hairdryers you bought!

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W and Xtra like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#182 OFFLINE   KLinNBC

KLinNBC

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:14 PM

I want to know actual IAT's, if the drop is near the 70* claimed by UP then I'm in. I know there will be some performance improvement but that kind of temperature drop will yield many other benefits. Heat is the enemy of not just power but also efficiency, longevity and more. The EB engines are pretty stressed out of the box and any meaningful relief of that stress will be worth the investment. 

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#183 OFFLINE   Xtra

Xtra

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:13 PM

bump

Edited by Xtra, 19 April 2018 - 09:51 PM.

#184 OFFLINE   Nick Halstead

Nick Halstead

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Facebook Member
  • 1,104 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Edge's Year:2015

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:28 AM

My Ultimate Performance intercooler with the Garrett core #002 for the G2 Edge Sport 2.7L EcoBoost  just arrived !!! :happy feet:  :happy feet: . The welds and workmanship are great and with almost 70% more area than the stock IC it should work as good as it looks.  :2thumbs: Big thanks to snmjim and Special_K for making this happen  :thumbsup: . They have #001

You can get yours here:

https://ultimateperf...unt-intercooler

attachicon.gifG2 Ford Edge intercooler#002.JPG

I believe you have #3. I had UP get an edge from a local cop friend of his and fab up the IC, he upped the price for me once he found out I was in Hawaii and killed me on shipping and the wife wasn't having the new price, so I found another buyer in James Bishop so that the process would keep going instead of killing the IC R&D

#185 OFFLINE   Special_K

Special_K

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 136 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:03 AM

Do you have a way of doing some performance tests with before and after intercooler? I really am thinking about one, but I need to see some substantial gains in power. I know you're not much of a 1/4 mile guy, but maybe make some 0-60 or 0-80 pulls before and after and post what kind of results you see. All I see so far is people talking about temperature differences, which of course equates to more power, but i'm looking for real numbers, not temps.

hopefully you can do this before you strap on those oversize hairdryers you bought!

we are waiting for the cold pipe to come in at which point we will install the IC and cold pipe, do 3 or 4 revisions on the tune, then dyno and go to test and tune and post slips

I want to know actual IAT's, if the drop is near the 70* claimed by UP then I'm in. I know there will be some performance improvement but that kind of temperature drop will yield many other benefits. Heat is the enemy of not just power but also efficiency, longevity and more. The EB engines are pretty stressed out of the box and any meaningful relief of that stress will be worth the investment. 

I will post after install in a week or 2.  also these EB are not stressed in the least bit out of the box, if they were you would not be able to get over 80hp and 80ft/lb of tq from a tune.  the only part that really should have been different that is honestly at its limit stock is the intercooler.

#186 OFFLINE   Mikula

Mikula

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 456 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:28 PM

we are waiting for the cold pipe to come in at which point we will install the IC and cold pipe, do 3 or 4 revisions on the tune, then dyno and go to test and tune and post slips

Are you running unleased or LMS?

#187 OFFLINE   Special_K

Special_K

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 136 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast

Posted Today, 05:48 AM

Are you running unleased or LMS?

Unleashed

0 user(s) are reading this topic