Ford Edge Forum
snmjim

Intercooler Outlet/Cold Pipe Upgrade (2015-2018 Edge Sport)

The Rambo modified IC Outlet/Cold pipe is ready for market at $230 a copy.
This includes basic powder coat colors & shipment.

Place your orders direct to: Ramfab27@gmail.com.

Notes:

- Each pipe is hand fabricated and will take 7 days to produce & ship, recommend ordering ahead of time before the waiting list grows.

- SnmJim & Special K are scheduling Dyno & track time after install of which results will B posted.

post-46284-0-59643100-1525223571_thumb.jpeg

post-46284-0-74979500-1525223587_thumb.jpeg

post-46284-0-81115700-1525223600_thumb.jpeg

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 3

I just received mine today and it is beautiful . Now that all the parts have arrived the transformation will start on Monday May 7.

Preliminary tests have shown positive results. Snmjim and Special-K will complete in depth testing.

post-46130-0-40243000-1525567056_thumb.jpg post-46130-0-64880800-1525566919_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 3

The sooner people order, the better. Custom parts tend to have a very finite availability lifespan compared to OEM.

• Like 1

I just received mine today and it is beautiful . Now that all the parts have arrived the transformation will start on Monday May 7.

Preliminary tests have shown positive results. Snmjim and Special-K will complete in depth testing.

attachicon.gif2.7L EcoBoost Edge Sport Intercooler Cold Side Pipe.JPG attachicon.gif2.7L G2 Edge Sport Intercooler Cold Side Pipe.JPG

Xtra,

Keep us posted on this. just got my LMS tuner and next project will be the intercooler & piping.

• Like 2

It is being installed now. Hope to have car done by next week sometime.

• Like 1

Order being placed, I'm going to have a stock pile of parts to install one day.

• Like 2

I collected parts and after all the parts came in, thats when the work began.

• Like 2

Anyone installed this yet? How did it go?

Yes, several of us have installed this pipe.

How did the install go or ???

Exactly what is it U R asking?

I'm aware of 2 that have installed this pipe using the factory IC and neither have tailored their tune to take advantage of the additional air nor have either of them done any hard data testing i.e. track, Dyno, onboard computer screen shots, etc.

This installation will require removal of the front clip for access along with replacement of a stock vacuum hose with a larger diameter hose and clamps.

If your not looking to increase performance...value added for effort expended probably isn't worth the effort but that is a personal call.

Performance recommendation: Replace the IC outlet (cold) pipe and IC... :hat_tip:

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

What exactly would you like to know? This pipe eliminates the stock pipes bottle neck where it goes from 2.5 to 1.75 back to 2.5in, this pipe is 2.5 all the way through. We have no power numbers associated with this part due to dyno failure/issues, however just basic knowledge of fluid dynamics would make this mod self explanatory. The installwill take about 3-5 hours and is mostly dependent upon how well you know the vehicle, if you are that far into the vehicle i would recommend upgrading the Intercooler also while you are there. You will need some extra tube and 2 hose clamps to attach the vacuum source hose.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Edited by Special_K
  • Like 2

Thanks, considering doing this, just collecting info. No stranger to working on cars in general, but this my first turbo vehicle that I will venture into.