- New 2019 Ford Edge, including all-new performance-enhanced Edge ST, introduces new all-wheel-drive disconnect, a first-for-Ford system that helps improve traction and reduce gas usage over the previous model
- All-wheel-drive disconnect switches automatically between two-wheel and all-wheel drive in a fraction of a second, using a form of artificial intelligence to sift through information like wheel slip, road conditions, vehicle speed, windshield wiper usage and outside temperature
- Other Edge and Edge ST tech features that help reduce fuel consumption include active transmission warm-up, deceleration fuel shutoff and exhaust gas recirculatiom
It also has some info about preliminary fuel economy numbers too;
- With standard all-wheel drive and a 2.7-liter V6 EcoBoost® engine, Edge ST, the first SUV from the Ford Performance team, has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 19 mpg city/26 mpg highway/21 mpg combined. Actual mileage may vary.
Looks like they may be in dealerships in a couple of weeks:
- The new Edge and Edge ST are due to arrive in showrooms later this month.
Edited by Rimcrim, 12 September 2018 - 03:30 PM.