-
Posts
11,144 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
272
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Everything posted by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
-
Link worked for me. Thanks! Thanks!
-
Welcome, officially
-
It seems like Ford is paying attention to more "serious" issues like engines blowing up, but not to "wear/tear" items, even though they are directly safety related. Brakes were weak-ish on the 07-10 Edges, supposedly addressed in 11 with redesigned brake booster. The door latch issue is another such example. I am assuming that in "wear/tear" cases, Ford is relying on what the dealer has to say, which makes sense, but can certainly be infuriating. Would you mind documenting the old parts as you take them off so we all can see what is going on? Good luck!
-
Starstruk, don't take akirby's comment to heart These days, forums are so easy to get info from, it feels like people don't take the time to go through the owner's manual. A lot of good info is right there in those tomes. Not that I can blame them. Those things get more complex and indecipherable every day (by sheer necessity). FYI to everyone: If you want the electronic version, all you have to do is hop on over to http://www.motorcraftservice.com, then click on OWNER GUIDES in the left hand column, and select the vehicle of interest. You will find plenty of PDFs to keep you occupied
-
I wonder what Sunset Metallic looks like? Is that the new "orange" Edge, so highly visible on the introduction of this CUV?
-
Steeda sway bar opinions?
WWWPerfA_ZN0W replied to Hollywood1's topic in Brakes, Chassis & Suspension
All I can say is that 3mm is a significant change in size for a swaybar considering they can be 18 to 21 mm to start with. But you have to couple that with a solid chassis & subframe for real results, and that would require quite some tuning to realize. My guess is that Steeda pushed it on the size as far as they could without getting the vehicle unbalanced and still having a dropin mod. -
That's a pretty fast time, FordMan! I always thought an Edge was in the 7.5 second range 0-60. Is your version of the g-tech unit accurate/replicable? I have an old old version I used over a decade ago, didn't find it to be reliable so I stopped using it. Do you know what the stall speed is for the torque converter? Is that how you chose the rpms? Very interested in your progress!
- 12 replies
-
- tunes tuner
- 0-60 1/4 mile
- (and 8 more)
-
2013 Edge Sport making CLUNKING noise
WWWPerfA_ZN0W replied to Sparkles's topic in Owner Impressions
Definitely check for loose components including brakes/struts/control arm/lug nuts etc. Could be something loose in the cargo bin as well. Then it's on to motor mounts and the infamous PTU (if you have AWD) after that. A search on the forum points mainly to motor mounts and PTUs. May be worthwhile asking about any PCM upgrades while the Edge is in the shop. -
Nice! Congrats.
-
Like those nice, non-rusty brakes. Nothing to detract from the looks of your ride
-
Amazing numbers, Cellbine! Sure, you're not posting from a Focus? The only way I'm gonna get that mpg is if I am rowing downhill with an 18 wheeler pushing me along!
-
2012 Ford Edge Transmission Problems
WWWPerfA_ZN0W replied to Matt Kaminski's topic in 2012 Edge & MKX
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/pubs/content/~WT/~MUS~LEN/3616/tsb13-03-18.pdf Fingers crossed tsb13-03-18 Ford Edge 2011-12 PCM Reprogram.pdf -
Brakes should last easily 30,000 miles, more if you brake gently. Substantial stop-and-go would decrease longevity. It is normal to have surface corrosion on rotor hubs and on the circumference. Also normal to have surface corrosion on the rotor's fricition surface if sitting for a few hours and/or in humid weather. It is possible that the caliper is sticky and not pushing evenly against the pads. The "rust" may have come off the rotor after braking. Could also have a fluid leak somewhere in the system or a damaged brake line, etc. Are you feeling any vibration or hearing any chirping noise? How do you know it's your rear brake not performing? Dealer's definitely sounds like he's trying to get your money for unnecessary work or insufficient diagnostics. Ford is not stepping up locally either. So at the very least, I would a) go to a different dealer, and call the National Ford Customer Service Line if needed. National has been known to assist where Local has not.
-
Welcome & congrats! Plenty of info on here about wheels/tires/lighting etc. Search is your friend
-
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Nice choice of color too!
-
Welcome, Ken! Glad you are enjoying the Edge as your DD. Can be quite a bit of fun. I believe making your own CAI using PVC piping may be the best/cheapest option right now. I have seen this done across other platforms, no reason to doubt its' effectiveness here. Hypertech apparently makes modules for the Gen 1 Edges, good to know that Jet Performance makes an effective module for the Gen 2's. I believe BobC has successfully testing replacing the throttle body with a performance Mustang throttle body (since you have the 3.7?). He also had a custom tune done for his ride. Pics of your brakes? Thought about tinting your headlights/taillights? Do you get to open the Dark Snake up on the roads around there? Feel free to add pics here too
-
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WOBMKX/~MUS~LEN/41/11mkxog2e.pdf Owner Guide for 2011 MKX Pg 292 shows you dipstick location, Pg 319 shows you procedure for checking. Basically run the engine until warmed up, then check the dipstick reading. Could also be in need of a PCM programming update/flash.
-
Do you have an AWD or FWD? Any leaks? Low on transmission fluid? Those'd be the first things to check. I have heard the fuel pump whine, and that is a headache-inducing frequency. Doesn't seem to be the case here. Don't think it is a wheel bearing going bad, though the noise level does vary with speed.
-
:hyper:
-
2012 Edge Sport, My impressions not very good so far.
WWWPerfA_ZN0W replied to Diesel350's topic in Owner Impressions
Probably a faulty door latch mechanism/switch. Should be under warranty. All I can say, you ARE getting them fixed, and I hope your luck holds true No more fixups, darn it -
I was able to access the links just now, they should work.
- 12 replies
-
- tunes tuner
- 0-60 1/4 mile
- (and 8 more)
-
Welcome, Surfer68! Quite a changeover from Beemers to Blue Ovals. Hope the Edge continues to impress
