Cargo Mgt rip-off

I ended up buying the Cargo MGT through parts dept. $250. But I need it and the car should come with it. For a $60 appx option for a slip-in piece of plastic, what a scam.

Anybody know the customer service address for Ford to log a complaint. Heck, I'd even take a bunch of oil changes or something!!

THX

I ended up buying the Cargo MGT through parts dept. $250. But I need it and the car should come with it. For a $60 appx option for a slip-in piece of plastic, what a scam.

Anybody know the customer service address for Ford to log a complaint. Heck, I'd even take a bunch of oil changes or something!!

THX

3 copies of this complaint spammed to this forum, isn't going to help you. Your buying decision is not a complaint, when you knew the price going into the deal.

/edit to add links for 3

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?sho...entry6727

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1010

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1012

No malice taken at all.. excessive after market price yes, . like it was for me to pay $433 to have the 2 holes filled on the front bumper, where the license plate braket USE to be.

Edited by 07 MKX

Why did you buy the parts if you didn't like the price? Ford can't give you the same option price for any part that they have to package, deliver to distribution centers, handle inventory, ship to dealers, provide the parts department of the dealership a margin of profit. Nothing personal, it's just the way business operates.

I would have asked for the package from another in stock, or ordered vehicle at the option price. If that was not possible, ask your salesperson to use their parts discount to get the pieces for you and you pay them for it.

While the part you want may be exactly the same os the part used in production, the expense and people involvement in providing service on that part is enormously different. I guess it might cost $50,000 to buy the parts to make a vehicle that sells for $20,000. Your dealer would love that because they can make as much as 40% - 50% margin on parts and often 1-3% profit on vehicles.

:wacko: My dealer said even with his discount the price was over $250.00. This for a part given Ford a good markup should be offered at around $75 -$95.00 not installed. I agree Ford parts are ripping us off on this item. :stop: Also As my car came from another dealer my dealer did not show me what the car would be without this item if I had known and if it had been explained I would have made them look elsewhere for one with the equipment I wanted, this was one of the items requested, I was told it was no big deal to put it in. They the dealer had no idea that this piece of plastic would cost so much and seemed as surprised as I :redcard: .

This option is a rip-off from the factory, & a MAJOR rip-off from Ford parts. It would not have cost Ford any more to make all the plastic inserts hollowed out like the "cargo management" option, probably cheaper because less plastic required. GM offers an under floor compartment as standard on their Lambda crossovers, along with a cover for the upper rear compartment. The Edge/MKX has no hidden or out of the way storage without paying extra, & if you didn't get it from the factory it's BIG BUCKS extra for two pieces of cheap plastic.

This option is a rip-off from the factory, & a MAJOR rip-off from Ford parts. It would not have cost Ford any more to make all the plastic inserts hollowed out like the "cargo management" option, probably cheaper because less plastic required. GM offers an under floor compartment as standard on their Lambda crossovers, along with a cover for the upper rear compartment. The Edge/MKX has no hidden or out of the way storage without paying extra, & if you didn't get it from the factory it's BIG BUCKS extra for two pieces of cheap plastic.

I empathize with all sides here. You could save yourself $65 to $250 (for future readers), by just removing the Styrofoam crush pads, and still have the same wells. No nice plastic liner thou.

Again, it has to be another conspiracy.

I empathize with all sides here. You could save yourself $65 to $250 (for future readers), by just removing the Styrofoam crush pads, and still have the same wells. No nice plastic liner thou.

Again, it has to be another conspiracy.

:banghead:

WOW! I am PISSED!

Oh. Sorry.

Must be some kind of Pavlovian thing.

I empathize with all sides here. You could save yourself $65 to $250 (for future readers), by just removing the Styrofoam crush pads, and still have the same wells.

This won't work because the styrofoam inserts are what hold up the rear compartment floor.

You might be right, I just went and looked, I took a few pictures for others to judge. Lets see if i can upload them here.

post-1037-1187896430_thumb.jpg post-1037-1187896454_thumb.jpg post-1037-1187896479_thumb.jpg

And for people wanting to know what a Weathertech Rear Carpet liner looks like:

post-1037-1187896499_thumb.jpg

PS, NO models were harmed in the making of this production.

Getting a little off topic here now, but, oh well...

Two things:

First, Good_Hands and 07 MKX: you guys are relentless; I love it! You really keep this forum entertaining as well as educational.

Second, 07 MKX: how do the Turtle Wax Ice products work? The ads for them sound great, but I have never tried them or run across anyone who has used them. Yeah, yeah, I was looking in your trunk...

Getting a little off topic here now, but, oh well...

Two things:

First, Good_Hands and 07 MKX: you guys are relentless; I love it! You really keep this forum entertaining as well as educational.

Second, 07 MKX: how do the Turtle Wax Ice products work? The ads for them sound great, but I have never tried them or run across anyone who has used them. Yeah, yeah, I was looking in your trunk...

Well thanks for the compliment.

Admen, get paid very well to make a Twin I Beam Suspension sound good too, oh and also a Mr. Clean Car Wash system. P.T. Barum was the best.

As for those wax products, I will probably NEVER use them.. AFTER I bought my MKX, I HEAVILY invested in proper car care products.. I purchased this Cyclo Dual Action polisher. Cyclo Polisher & I hate to say it, but probably over $1G in sealants, and polishes and other care care products. I will say that I was able to polish out bird etching from some clear coat on the wife's Escape. I waited a long time to purchase something to make car care easier. And now I'm preparing myself for retirement, After all only old people get a Lincoln.

If you find you have any left over money, you might like these car care products : Jeff's Werkstatt. I was suppose to do a review on that Cyclo polisher on another car care site. but I don't think I can find the time.

Ahh, retirement, one can dream can't he??? With 2 girls (ages 5 and 1) I barely have time to wash it, much less polish it.

Those are some high end products you linked to. Maybe one day I can afford those, so I guess in the meantime, I'll stick to the cheap stuff (RainX and/or Meguiars products if I feel like splurging).

Thanks for the info. As for the twin I beam suspension, I had that on my 95 F150 from years ago and one thing I can say after 110,000+ miles; never needed an alignment and I was/am pretty aggressive in the driving style department. Hope the Edge can handle the abuse the 150 and my previous ride (97 Explorer 146,000+ miles) endured!

The Turtle Wax Ice wax/polish that has come out is EXCELLENT for all the flat black and annodized surfaces....really makes them look great....you can use it on the whole car, in direct sunlight, but I just use if for the black areas....lasts a long time, too...

The Turtle Wax Ice wax/polish that has come out is EXCELLENT for all the flat black and annodized surfaces....really makes them look great....you can use it on the whole car, in direct sunlight, but I just use if for the black areas....lasts a long time, too...

Thanks, I'll have to give it a try sometime.

The spare tire cover is part of the cargo management "system." I have an Edge and it looks just like the pics 07 MKX posted; short of the car care products and the rubber floor mat. I have my receiver hitch and straps, an umbrella, a blanket, and such. Very handy; and something for me to remember, don't load up the back and then go looking for the trailer ball, it was a "duh" moment indeed.

I do not have the cargo mgmt system. Is the secondary cover on the spare a Lincoln variation or a cargo mgmt variation?

The reason I ask is, the $250 is not quite the highway robbery it would otherwise appear.

The "Cargo Mgmt System" comes from the factory, with the tire cover, for $65. The price I was given by the dealership parts department was $140 each for the left & right plastic inserts only.

• 2 months later...
You might be right, I just went and looked, I took a few pictures for others to judge. Lets see if i can upload them here.

post-1037-1187896430_thumb.jpg post-1037-1187896454_thumb.jpg post-1037-1187896479_thumb.jpg

And for people wanting to know what a Weathertech Rear Carpet liner looks like:

post-1037-1187896499_thumb.jpg

PS, NO models were harmed in the making of this production.

Is this Weathertech Rear Carpet liner a Ford Accessories product? Or, did you purchase it elsewhere? If so, from where? Is it a non-slip surface? It looks good