MyFord Touch on my soon to own 2013 Titaniam Escape??

I have not driven one yet, but they look pretty sharp. I had a 2005 Escape before my Edge and wasn't crazy about it, but this looks completely new, kind of looks like the newer Chevy Equinox.

Does anyone have any input on this?

Thank You

Lenny

Edited by blockisle9

I own a 2011 edge and bought a 2013 escape titanium for the wife to replace her 1999 mustang convertable.

We both love the car. It is not at all like the old escapes. Love the ecoboost 2.0 engine. Very impressed on

how it drives and the lack of noise. The only thing the edge has over it is the amount of room inside and

having a larger vehicle to tow with. I would not use it to tow in mountains or hilly if i had a heavy trailer. You

will be happy with both vehicles especially if you get a Escape titanium loaded or a Edge Limited loaded.

I really love my 2008 Limited AWD Edge, I would love to replace it with a 2013 Limited Edge, but price is a concern at this time. I was looking for a used 2011 Edge but recently saw a TV add for the Escape and thought this might be a good choice. If I do buy one it will be a loaded Titanium.

My only concern is the driver and also the front passenger room. I’m so use to the room and comfort driving the Edge that I might be disappointed in the Escape, especially after reading your post about the room inside. I am a big guy, 280 lb 6'1". I will not be towing nor have many passengers in the rear seat or carrying much in the back.

Can you enlighten me about the differences in driving both vehicles?

Thank you

Lenny

Edited by blockisle9

The drive is about the same in both vehicles. I also went from a 2008 edge to a 2011 edge and the two cars were totally

different in ride and quietness. I am very comfortable in the escape but am more so in the larger edge, On a real long

trip i would prefer the edge. At your size and weight i think you would be fine with the seat all the way back but not sure

if you would be as comfy in the escape. All depends on how much driving you do. We have only had the escape for 3

weeks and have not done enough highway driving. You will be happy with either vehicle as far as ride, quietness, and

handling. Total room inside is the only question. Make sure you drive the Titanium as the seats in it are different and

the all leather is different. If you have any more questions let me know.

Looking on the Ford website for locating 2013 Escapes, I have found some Titanium packages. The prices are showing MSRP from about $32500.00 to $35800.00! This is the reason I went with a 2013 Edge Limited with the 301A package, towing, Blis package, and 20" chrome clad wheels. I paid $35717.00 for the Edge. I wasn't about to pay only a little less for a smaller car with less options.

I also saw where some of the new Escapes are being built in Kentucky, but some are also being or going to be imported from South Korea. That alone is a deal breaker for me if it was from South Korea.

My 2011 edge limiter listed out at 41,888 the escape listed out at around 35,300. Both cars are fully loaded. Also both cars have things the other does not have.

It,s comparing apples to oranges. Also all escapes are being built in Kentucky as of right now. Can,t see ford importing a car from South Korea that they see so

many of. I dont see where it would be cheaper.

Thanks everyone, I stoped at the dealer to take a look and ride. They did not have any Titaniams so I drove a Sel with the smaller engine. I did like the interior a lot, they way it drove and power was ok. The external look was not as sharp as I was hoping. The interior of the new edge is is a lot like my edge minus the updated electronics, I'm thinking I want something different so I'm leaning towards the escape. With a different exterior color one that I like, the exterior should grow on me.

The dealer though me a curve ball by telling me they will give me $13500 for mine. It's a 08 awd limited with nav and 56k miles, not as much as I thought. Im going back Monday or Tuesday when they get a Titaniams for me to drive. Needless to say I left a little disappointed.

I might go check out a Chevy equinox, I love the way the exterior looks, but know nothing about the avalable options or interior. Im really a ford guy but I guess it won't hurt to look

Edited by blockisle9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Since I'm still waiting for my Titanium Escape to come in, I was wondering if anyone new a good starting place to start educating my self on the Myford touch system. I tried googling but every thing was very vague.

It appairs that I might be better off taking some time off of work and sit in the car and play with it. (looks like I might need a week off)..

Thanks in advance

Lenny

Thanks everyone, I stoped at the dealer to take a look and ride. They did not have any Titaniams so I drove a Sel with the smaller engine. I did like the interior a lot, they way it drove and power was ok. The external look was not as sharp as I was hoping. The interior of the new edge is is a lot like my edge minus the updated electronics, I'm thinking I want something different so I'm leaning towards the escape. With a different exterior color one that I like, the exterior should grow on me.

The dealer though me a curve ball by telling me they will give me $13500 for mine. It's a 08 awd limited with nav and 56k miles, not as much as I thought. Im going back Monday or Tuesday when they get a Titaniams for me to drive. Needless to say I left a little disappointed.

I might go check out a Chevy equinox, I love the way the exterior looks, but know nothing about the avalable options or interior. Im really a ford guy but I guess it won't hurt to look

Did you accept the $13,500? Rough trade is $15,200... Average trade is $16,500...

• 1 year later...

I know this is a bit late but I really seriously looked at a Escape Titanium before settling on my Edge.

I finally sat in one and said...no way. Reason? I'm 6'6" and about 270lbs....it was way to small for me.

If I would have purchased one I would go with the 2.0L Ecoboost vs. the 1.6L.... something worries me about engine

sizes below 2.0... but that may be just me. From what I've read the 2.0 is a solid engine.