iphone 4 with ios 6 - MFT Messaging (Texting) anyone have this working?

Don't have an apple but also found the system to be more of a gimmick than anything else. Much easier and safer to use an app to read your messages and allow you to speeak your response with minimal input. I would rather have seen MFT support something like Vlingo so the screen could display the buttons bigger but their In Car mode works well enough.

That is just great ... you get Siri working with MFT and they'll be talking to each other and never shut up. The real problem is that Siri will tell MFT that she is having a good day and MFT will look for music by green day or possibly route you to green bay, wis ! (did you know you could say things like .... )

That is just great ... you get Siri working with MFT and they'll be talking to each other and never shut up. The real problem is that Siri will tell MFT that she is having a good day and MFT will look for music by green day or possibly route you to green bay, wis ! (did you know you could say things like .... )

:hysterical2:

• 3 months later...

I have an iPhone 5 and indeed got messaging to work on my 2011 Edge

This is from the Ford Sync website. Follow reply's # 39 and 50 under

Topic: iPhone doesn't sync with text messages!

If you do not see "Show Notifications" under your Sync options on the phone try this:

1) Delete your phone from the car. Delete Sync from your phone. Wait a minute to make sure everything clears.

2) Turn the phone off and on again. You don't need to reboot the phone but make sure it is physically off and then on (not just lock and unlock). Turn the car off and then on again.

3) Pair your phone fresh w/MFT. Let it do its thing (phonebook loading, voicemail #, 911 assist, etc.).

4) On your phone, turn BT off. Turn it on again.

5) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen to reconnect BT.

6) Go into the settings screen for Sync. You should now see "Show Notifications".

7) Set Notifications to "On".

8) Back up a screen on the phone and turn BT off again. Turn it back on.

9) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen again to reconnect to BT.

Have someone send a test message.

I got it to work once I update MFT to 3.5.1. Let it be known the settings you are looking for are on the iphone. The most it does for me is notify you get a message and will read it. It however will not let you send the messages, at least it didn't for me, not that I care anyways.

I have the 3.5.1 update now and turned on the show notification box in my iphone 4 bluetooth sync settings.

I can now receive text messages :hyper:

My phone provider is Telus BC, Canada

Sending messages still doesn't work , heard this wont work until Apple unlocks something in MAPP protocol

Thanks

Edited by tmbubell

Where does one even find the update to 3.5.1 anyhow? All I see when I go to the update page is that I have logged the successful update of 3.2.2 and there is no place for me to click on downloading a newer version. I've updated before but it seems now I'm missing something. Anyone know how to help me out here?

tpm419419 - "don't need to reboot the phone but make sure it is physically off and then on"

not to nitpick (okay I will) what is the difference between "rebooting" and "powering off and then on"?

Powering down and back on IS a rebooting !! :) Just sayin!

So the moral of the story children .. if it doesn't work, reboot it !

Where does one even find the update to 3.5.1 anyhow? All I see when I go to the update page is that I have logged the successful update of 3.2.2 and there is no place for me to click on downloading a newer version. I've updated before but it seems now I'm missing something. Anyone know how to help me out here?

I was at the dealer getting new wiper blades (part of service package) and the service manager asked if I wanted 3.5.1 and the new A4 NAV card installed.

I was told the dealerships have the new A4 nav cards in stock. I called my local dealer and they do. I've scheduled the update for Friday. Hoping this adds the "notification" area on my phone under Bluetooth cause I can't get it to appear now before the update. When I talked to ford they said that the iPhone at this time is not compatible for text messaging. Here's hoping they are wrong and the update helps

I was told the dealerships have the new A4 nav cards in stock. I called my local dealer and they do. I've scheduled the update for Friday. Hoping this adds the "notification" area on my phone under Bluetooth cause I can't get it to appear now before the update. When I talked to ford they said that the iPhone at this time is not compatible for text messaging. Here's hoping they are wrong and the update helps

I have it working on my iphone 4

It receives messages only ,

I'm on the Telus network

• Like 1

technically they are right, cause it only works for receiving, not sending.

I can send and receive with my Galaxy S III, but you cant send unless you are stopped, will not let you do it moving.

You might check your to see if it shows up when your stopped.

I have the 3.5.1 update now and turned on the show notification box in my iphone 4 bluetooth sync settings.

I can now receive text messages :hyper:

My phone provider is Telus BC, Canada

Sending messages still doesn't work , heard this wont work until Apple unlocks something in MAPP protocol

Thanks