Plasti-Dip Help

cmillz1331

Okay so I got the comfort spray grip that "buyout" suggested and it was $2 and change from Lowe's which should easily be worth it in the end! I'm prepared to plasti-dip the wheels on friday, my dad's company has the tool available to take the wheels off so I'll be doing that just so I don't have to be cautious of the brakes....Will post how it goes with pictures on friday afternoon I hope.

So I did it. Got all 4 wheels off the edge today and plasti-dipped them. I did 4 coats on each one just to start for now and I add more or touch it up once I drive it more. Still debating whether to get the glossifier or not...but will probably do the grille and fog light bezels soon. Pretty easy process even for someone who has no experience doing this stuff, maybe just practice on a box or piece of wood before hand. Turned out good in my mind and I'm happy how it came out.

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks guys! Yeah it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I have driven it only for two days now but it has withstood rocks, rain, dirt roads, etc. and no problems yet! I'm still debating whether to make them glossy but I'll pry add another coat before winter....probably when I decide to do the grille as well. But for now, I'm content

Looks GREAT! I plan on doing the same to mine. I dont have any tools at my place to take off the wheels so it will have to be done with them on. Hope it comes out as good as yours.

Honestly the only help taking the wheels off did was not worrying about covering the rotors or anything. I sprayed the wheels sitting up, like they are on the car b/c otherwise the plasti-dip would start to run. It was also easier to see all the spots in the light with it facing horizontally. It should look great no matter what...plasti-dip is pretty forgiving in that you can easily fix your mistakes and it dries looking a lot better than when it is first sprayed. good luck! Hope to do my grille soon and will post about that as well

wow that's outrageous...yeah they had the can to dip things and then the spray can was right next to it.....I bought 4 cans and ended up only using 2 so far for all 4 wheels so you will probably be good with just 2 cans, depending on how many coats you apply. I applied 3-4 on each wheel and they haven't chipped yet after a couple days of crappy roads and even dirt roads. Good luck! keep us posted

Done!!!!! Thank god ha I got the grille done and fog light bezels also. Looks great IMO and just will need a little touching up before winter when I redo the wheels as well. But for now, I'm very happy. The hardest part was the tedious taping everything off....but other than that wasn't too bad! Will post better pics once I take the tape off the emblems and it dries a little more but for now....

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Still debating on whether or not to get the glossifier to redo everything....let me know what you guys think!