Info on LEDs for the 2011-2013 Edge

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is a listing of the LEDs for the 2nd Gen (2011-2013) Edge. Thanks goes to the following for creating the list.

Ā 

Rear Cargo/Dome/Trunk lights: http://www.amazon.co...uct/B0061SHI7I/

Ā 

Ā 

Gotta say I'm disappointed with these ones for the dome light. Was an ok fit for cargo, but these DO NOT fit properly in the 3 spots on the cargo. Overall length is ok is seems, but the actual board chip with the light is to wide and interferes with the clips. I monkeyed these in there (surprised i didn't break them) and it might be a matter of time before they just come loose and fallout. I'd suggest looking around further.

For what it's worth, I have the ones you linked to in my dome/cargo area (that's my link) since day 1 and have had zero issues and didn't have to fudge with or make any adjustments. Mine fit just fine in all three slots.

Ā 

Not saying they're perfect for everyone, but I have not had any issues.

Ā 

Did you come up with alternatives?

I haven't looked into alternatives as they are working for now. Just out of curiosity, can you cut/trim the "circuit board" for LED's? I thought I remember reading on some post that one of the big LED boards was trimmed to fit the rear dome light. If I can do some trimming they'd fit nicer.

Ā 

On another note, the puddle light LED's you posted look great. I had to spread my prongs to fit and the LED is wedged in there tight but they're working.

• Like 1

"WWWPerfA_ZN0W"

"Where are you these days, Mr. KC? Hopefully, good busy?"

Ā 

You hit it on the nose. I have been and continue to be swamped, which is a good thing. I am so far behind keeping up with threads. However, it feels nice to be missed.

"SoCalEdge2012"

"I haven't looked into alternatives as they are working for now. Just out of curiosity, can you cut/trim the "circuit board" for LED's? I thought I remember reading on some post that one of the big LED boards was trimmed to fit the rear dome light. If I can do some trimming they'd fit nicer."

Ā 

"On another note, the puddle light LED's you posted look great. I had to spread my prongs to fit and the LED is wedged in there tight but they're working."

Ā 

My custom LED Dome Lights use a large format 48 LED array and I dont modify the panel. You dont want to alter (trim) the LED panel. This is the best way to ruin or shorten the life of the unit. Even if you dont cut into any of the circuitry on the board, static electricity from the trimming could damage it.

"Cellbine"

"Im with SoCal on this one. Mine flicker when I open/close doors etc. The ones I got are not a tight fit."

Ā 

All you need to do is tighten up the sockets. Remove the festoon LEDs and using a pair of pliers squeeze them together slightly. Re-insert the festoon and you will notice the tighter fit. You shouldnt see any flickering.

Ā 

Just putting it out there, but I offer an Interior LED Replacement Bulb Pack and custom LED Dome Light. I have sold over 80 LED Domes and LED bulb packs and had only one complaint that a pair of map light LEDs had slightly differing colors. It was one of my first customers to buy my interior LED pack. Ever since, I have been 100% color matching each LED on my products across the board. Its amazing that LEDs coming off the production line at the same time can very anywhere from 4000K to 7000K in color temperature. Luckily 90+% fall in the 5000K to 6000K.

Edited by kc300c
  • Like 1