steering wheel controls light up?

Just got an 08Edge. Limited. Awd. Seems odd to me that the steering wheel controls don't light up in the dark. And also the shifter position does not have lights either. Is this the way it is supposed to be or do i have to investigate further. All the rest if my Ford vehicles light up those things. Thanks for any input

Just got an 08Edge. Limited. Awd. Seems odd to me that the steering wheel controls don't light up in the dark. And also the shifter position does not have lights either. Is this the way it is supposed to be or do i have to investigate further. All the rest if my Ford vehicles light up those things. Thanks for any input

Ā 

Check the dimmer control for the interior lights.

Also check your fuses. That's what my problem was.

You can lookup the info in the Owners Manual and see if that helps.

Ā 

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WO8EDG/~MUS~LEN/40/08edgog1e.pdf

Ā 

That is the 2008 manual. Starting on pg 256, the fuses and what they control are listed.

Ā 

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WOBEDG/~MUS~LEN/40/11edgog2e.pdf

Ā 

That is the 2011 manual. Starting on pg 283, the fuses and what they control are listed. HTH.

• 4 months later...

My shifter lights up, and I have an 08. The little knob next to the headlight switch that "scrolls" vertically to dim or brighten the interior lights might be down all the way, which I prefer mine set at. If you turn it up, the gear shift lights should brighten. I'm not sure if the steering wheel controls illuminate.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Robert Snippe" data-cid="94369" data-time="1364387867"><p>

My 08 Edge has the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?</p></blockquote> I Did Not. Checked Couple Fuses. Nothing. Now That Spring IsHere IWill CheckInto It More

• 1 month later...

Also check your fuses. That's what my problem was.

Ā 

Ā 

Do you remember which fuse/fuses it was, off hand? I'm having the same issue... Just noticed this yesterday. My dimmer switch is as far up as it will go without the overhead lamp coming on. My dash lights are bright as can be, but my steering wheel controls and gear shift panel do not light up, whatsoever.

Ā 

Ā 

Do you remember which fuse/fuses it was, off hand? I'm having the same issue... Just noticed this yesterday. My dimmer switch is as far up as it will go without the overhead lamp coming on. My dash lights are bright as can be, but my steering wheel controls and gear shift panel do not light up, whatsoever.

Fuse location 9 15A

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...