White Platinum Metallic Tri-coat For both men and women

Chris13

Newbie here....

Looking to purchase the 2013 Edge limited and am deciding between the White Platinum Metallic and the Mineral Gray. I think both look good but are very different. I would be doing 90% of the driving on this vehicle

My daughter (25) seems to think the whites are for women and the darker colors are for men.....we see lots of darker Edges being driven by men but only a few men driving white

I do realize I am free to drive what I choose, however, I'm wondering if there is any research or consensus on this one

Anybody?

I wouldn't worry about it when the Edge buyer is slightly female @ 53% vs an Explorer which is male @59% (based on mTab-Maritz data). Morale of story, you're already buying "female" car. None of this matters though, just buy what you like.

Ford Edge
Q34 Gender
Male 47.65%
Female 52.35%
Formatted Subset Total 100.00%
Formatted Sample Total 100.00%
Unweighted Sample Total Count 426

Ford Explorer
Q34 Gender
Male 58.97%
Female 41.03%
Formatted Subset Total 100.00%
Formatted Sample Total 100.00%
Unweighted Sample Total Count 390

Edited by djgcue

I think people make too big a deal about make, model, and color of vehicles as they relate to gender. Sure there are a few colors (e.g. bright pink) that probably don't look so good for most men to drive -- but then again, that's their choice.

As for your question, I really like the While Platinum, wish I could have found one when I bought my used 2012 Edge. I ended up with black (more manly perhaps?), but would have been very happy to have either the White Platinum or Mineral Gray.

The White Platinum tri-coat does look awesome..nice pic edgieguy... but have decided on the Mineral Gray. Was at the show room and they had the Mineral Gray all shined up....looked good enough to sway me plus I havent seen many of the Mineral Gray on the road

Thanks for the responses everyone