Rapid Spec 302A and Navigation

Sherm66

Hi all. I recently purchased a 2011 Edge Limited AWD. The salesman gave me a copy of the original window sticker and it list the Rapid Spec 302A which specifices the Voice Activated Navigation. Due to an oversight on my part I did not notice that the nav was not working when I picked it up. Being a long distance purchase (3.5 hrs away) when I contacted the original dealer they referrred me to a local Ford dealer to resolve the issue. The car is a CPO so I have the 1 year warranty and had no problem going to my local dealer. To shorten the story I've been there twice and the service advisor tells me (both times) that the only nav that come with the Edge I have is the turn by turn Sync version, not the map based version (i.e. Garmin) like I thought it had. The car did have the A3 SD card with it and all my research indicates that the service advisor is incorrect. I am awaiting a respond from Ford to verify this, but thought I may find someone with the answer here. Should the MFT screen have the map based nav system?

Thanks,

Andrew Painter

Check the window sticker, does it list Navigation as part of the 302A package or as a seperate option? If it does, then your car MUST have the map/screen based Navigation.

Also, what version of MFT odes it have? If it is the latest, V3.5.1, A3 SD Card will not work, you will need the new A4 Card.

To find out the installed version number, go to Settings > Help > System Information > S/W Version

If it is 4.29.12285, then you have V3.5.1 > needs A4 SD Card.

If it is 4.28.12156, then you have V3.2.2 > A3 SD card.

If it is 4.26.12023, then you have V3.0.2 > A3 SD Card.

• Like 1

Check and make sure the VIN on the window sticker they gave you is the same as the Edge you bought. I have a 2013 Limited with Rapid Spec 301A and voice activated navigation system is included in that. It sounds like you should have it if the window sticker is the one for your Edge.

Have you plugged in the SD card and what happens when you do. I'm not sure how the in dash screen is set up on your 2011, but on mine the top right is for the navigation. Can you select that to turn on the nav if the card is in place?

Have you looked through your owner's manual ( available on line with the Ford owner services if you need to see an online version).

• 1 month later...

Just to close the loop, my Edge did have the nav. It looks like there was probably a bad update at some point that corrupted the software. The selling dealer, Woltz & Wind Ford, was very responsive in getting the issue resolved. I now have a working nav system and , so far, and very happy with it and the Edge.