Challenge -- Patience (MPG)

Cellbine

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be in Pinehurst, NC Tuesday afternoon November 19th and leaving sometime on the 20th...Wednesday.

Staying at an uncle's house for Tuesday night and probably have plans with him and my aunt Tuesday...but Wednesday the 20th is wide open.

If your profile is correct you're actually not far off my route. I'll be going through Asheville and Charlotte. Let me know if lunch or mid afternoon early dinner works on the 20th!

We can take some pics and get some food before I leave NC for home!

I'll be in Pinehurst, NC Tuesday afternoon November 19th and leaving sometime on the 20th...Wednesday.

Staying at an uncle's house for Tuesday night and probably have plans with him and my aunt Tuesday...but Wednesday the 20th is wide open.

If your profile is correct you're actually not far off my route. I'll be going through Asheville and Charlotte. Let me know if lunch or mid afternoon early dinner works on the 20th!

We can take some pics and get some food before I leave NC for home!

Awesome.... yea if you draw a diagonal line straight from Asheville to Charlotte, I'm pretty much right smack dab in the middle between the two. I work in Morganton though which is right along I-40 if you'll be going past there at all. Let me know, I'm definitely down :) And yes profile is correct.... I live in the boonies, lol

Edited by thirdgenlxi

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Just got back from a short road trip. I reset #1 trip as we pulled out of our driveway. We live in the Walkerton, In. area. Went to Michigan's Upper Peninsula by way of the east side of Lake Michigan. First stop was Sault Ste. Marie, Mi. Then we headed west from there. Went over by Baraga / Houghton / Iron Mountain / Escanaba etc. Drove a total of 1858.5 when car was back in garage at home. Had interstate driving excess of 70 mph and quite a bit of 60 mph or less while in the UP. Averaged 28.4 for the round trip. Not too shabby in my opinion.

Larry

Northern, In

2013 Edge sel 3.5 v6 fwd

post-26092-0-57878400-1436533166_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My 2011 AWD averages about 22-23 mpg in the city if driven the speed limit with little traffic.

I have never taken it on a long highway trip , but I can get it up to about 30 mpg on the highway on short highway(less than 10 miles) runs unless going uphill then it will drop to about 27-28 mpg.

However, I can get it to read over 40mpg if I reset the display while already driving down-hill on the highway, but that is cheating.

Note, I do use synthetic oil and a performance air-filter which may help my mpg a bit.

Edited by carguy75

Don't play with the reset and see what you get. My edge ( Sel ) has two trips. I leave one of them alone so to get over all average. I found the darn trips will automatically reset at 10,000 miles , very disappointing because I wanted to check average for at least 50,000 miles. My last 10,000 miles averaged 26.4 My car is rated at 19 city 27 highway. So far I've been happy with the mpg's.

Larry

2013 SEL 3.5 fwd