Max A/C reset temp

Does anyone else have an issue with the Max A/C setting 'taking over' the temp settings? I have to reset the temp number every time I use the 'Max A/C' button (from LO to 72 is quite a few + pushes).

Note: I also have a 2013 Ford Fusion where the setting is restored to the previous setting... just pressing 'Auto' temp restores back to 72 (or previous temp).

I have tried a 'Master Reset' with no luck.

Thanks

I didn't know the Fusion did that. All other Fords behave just like your Edge. Nothing you can do about it. Despite the touchsceen interface, the climate system is not actually controlled by MFT. It's controlled by the RCCM. The Fusion must have a new version of RCCM that remembers the previous setting, because as I said, no other Ford I've seen does. Maybe someday Ford will come out with a RCCM update for the Edge, but I'm guessing it's more likely a hardware issue - there just isn't a memory space to remember the previous temp. But no MFT update is every going to change it.

Edited by Waldo

• 2 weeks later...

The function you want to use is recirculate....you set the temp and fan speed or leave on auto. Max works just like you say yours does. Max is recirculate set at lowest temp and highest fan speed.

I have a 2012 Honda CRV with fuel saving energy ECON mode, and when that is on, it keeps AC in recirculate mode all the time. Takes less energy (and works better and faster) to cool already cooled dry inside air than outside air. So if it's real hot outside, I always set my Edge to AC, recirculate and auto. Set temp around 73 or so. I never use max....it's too noisy.

Edited by RJG

Yea... what RJG said .. the recirculate setting closes the outside air dampers so that you're not constantly trying to dehumidify the hot, humid outside air. The system just constantly recirculates the interior air. (hence the name)

I've got to have it nearly refrigerated and a setting of 68`, recirculate, ~70% on the fan... and I'm all good . and at some point have to re-direct the cold air else where in the cabin.

Edited by Tacyon