Heated seat not working in 2011 Sport...Help Please

Hi,

Well it's getting cold here in MN:( time for the heated seats. When turning on the drivers seat today it did not work. The passenger seat is fine.

I just checked for a possible fuse... Not that. Everything else related to the seat works and it does not appear to have a separate fuse for the heated seat.

I'm guessing it's the element. Has anyone replaced this? Is it difficult.

Any other suggestions would be great

-Nick

Thanks for the replies. Still looking for a solution.

Joehio my vehicle is out of warranty and I like to fix things on my own as much as possible. That's why I'm a member of the forum. I like to ask questions and have the community help resolve issues that my vehicle may be having.

wwwperfa_znow all of my pre research leads me to believe the only vehicles with a seat filter are if the seats have ventilation (a/c). I've had had many cars with heated seats and not one had a filter. But thanks for the idea.

So I drove the vehicle tonight...39 degrees out, and the seat does heat but seems very weak especially when compared to the passenger seat. I believe the element is still good. Is there a thermostat or something that controls the seat temp that I can check out?

-Nick

• 1 year later...

NickSport11, I have an 09 with the same issue (i.e. driver's side heated seat not working. I was going to replace the element as you did. You mentioned yours was "weak" before you changed it. Mine simply does not work and when I press the button to turn it on, the red LED light immediately goes out (it is supposed to stay on). Is your LED on or off. What was it before you replaced the element?

evh, I have MFT so my "switch" in my touch screen. It stays illuminated so I'm not sure. I've been doing some research and there is a DCSM "Dual climate controlled seat module" under the passenger seat. I would expect both seats to be not working if this was the case, but this is the only thing I au currently think of.

I was going to suggest you check all the electrical connections under the seat to make sure you didnt disconnet something while vacuuming or pulling things out from under the seat but I see that you believe its working a little bit, still might be worth checking

I had this happen on my daughters car. Turned out to be a loose plug under the seat. (Probably caused by someone kicking all of the junk that my daughter lets pile up on the floor behind her seat. When I went to see if I could find the problem, I felt like I was a magician performing the "pull the endless handkerchief from the sleeve routine". I couldn't believe how much stuff could fit under her seats. I did come out with $1.73 in change though. Not quite hourly shop rate, but better than nothing ;-).

• Like 1

EVH, I'm having the same problem with my '08. Light on the switch goes on briefly and then out... No heat. Did you get the answer you were looking for? From what I'm reading, it's either the module, which one person said was under the passenger seat, and someone else said was under the drivers seat, or it's the element itself. I wonder how difficult it is to change the element, if that is the problem...

It does not work at all anymore... All connections are secure and I replaced the element (have to change the entire cushion/pad as they are 1 unit in the 2011+) This new system is almost impossible to test with a standard volt meter from what I can find anyway. The working side was getting 3.3v and the non working side was 2.8v. My next best guess is the module under the passenger seat. Any other thoughts. If not I will be putting in a new heated set module. Hopefully it won't be a waste.