buying a 2013 Ford Edge? or not?...Please Help!!

RN0423

Hello everybody,

I am new here. I was wondering if you Edge owners could help me make my final decision!

Okay... I've been looking to buy an Edge for a while now. I really love the Edge, inside and out, especially the interior, looks amazingly beautiful (can't get enough by looking at its pictures...). I have test driven it and liked it. I am not experienced driver and haven't had many cars. So I did not really feel significant difference with my 2010 Mazda 3 (my first car) which is a good small car and does not have any issues.

However, reading through this forum and owner's comments, seems like most/some owners have many issues with their edge, the biggest one being the MFT. To be honest, this really holds me back from buying it but, again, I just can't get the edge out of my mind!!

Have you had any problem with your edge? Do you recommend buying one? I am thinking to buy an used 2013 limited AWD.

Also, do you think I can a better price on used 2013 models in January 2014?

I would really appreciate any help,

Thanks,

I bought a used 2013 SEL two weeks ago. I too had misgivings about the whole MFT thing. Mine did not come with MFT. You can find used ones without it.

The Limited more than likely will come with MFT but not all SEL have it and SE does not.

You have to shop around for a good used price and keep watching the ads, reading the internet sites. Then find one and see if you can negotiate or not.

buy new, don't buy used.. this will be you car for the next couple of years.. I have had mine for 8 months and I love it! best SUV for the money when you consider it has at the very least if you buy the v6 285 hp all other suv's lack power.. I bought the se edition...and I've added stuff to it, which is the fun part..I've had no issues with the car.. the mpg is a bit less than advertised.. but I would not trade my ford edge for any other suv out there.. I say you buy it know before they eliminate the v6.. the mft has gotten way better..try it out and play with it at the dealer...just haggle till you get the right price with all the stuff you want on it, color,ect... good luck.. when you put the car on sports mode and step on the gas...it does not lag..it goes..try it on the test drive..just tell the salesman.. good luck..

• Like 1

HI! I just picked up my second Ford Edge. It is also a limited like my first one and both have MFT. I can tell you from experience MFT has come a long way! It is much improved over the first version of it (my 2011). I don't think you should let some issues that have happened with MFT stop you from getting an edge. Like other comments, you can get an edge without it. But overall it is a great truck and I absolutely love it, so much I leased another one!

Good luck with your decision

I bought a 2013 SEL here in Korea and love it. The grumblings I heard about the MFT kept me back for a little bit but ever since I have had the vehicle (about a month and a half now), it works great. Once in a great while it lags just a bit, but has only happened maybe 2-3 times total. As for the vehicle itself, I used to own a Hyundai Sonata and absolutely loved it, but the more I drive the Edge, I am falling in love with it as well. Road noise is practically none-existent, and with being in Korea, that is hard to come by. And the ride is REALLY smooth when on good roads, and I only say that because again, in Korea, its hard to find a good road. Hope you make the right decision and good luck!

Ive had a few problems with MFT, nothing too bad and its been working normally for me for the past year and a half. My 22's leak air on my Sport, I think the dealer is replacing the wheels now (We'll see) overall, I like my Edge and I'd be hard pressed to find a new SUV that I would feel the same about if I had to replace this one. The 2015 looks great to me if they kept it the way the concept looks, but that's still a way off. Why not lease one for 24 or 36 months? By the lease end the new ones will be out and you can decide if it was the car for you or if you'd like to try something else? Maybe you'll love it so much you'll buy out the lease?

• 4 weeks later...

buy new, don't buy used.. this will be you car for the next couple of years.. I have had mine for 8 months and I love it! best SUV for the money when you consider it has at the very least if you buy the v6 285 hp all other suv's lack power.. I bought the se edition...and I've added stuff to it, which is the fun part..I've had no issues with the car.. the mpg is a bit less than advertised.. but I would not trade my ford edge for any other suv out there.. I say you buy it know before they eliminate the v6.. the mft has gotten way better..try it out and play with it at the dealer...just haggle till you get the right price with all the stuff you want on it, color,ect... good luck.. when you put the car on sports mode and step on the gas...it does not lag..it goes..try it on the test drive..just tell the salesman.. good luck..

What do you mean by adding stuff to it? Don't you have to pay full retail either way? Or are you buying third party stuff? What have you added and what was the cost? Thanks for the info.

well, I added a cold air intake from K&N (sounds Great) $209.00 added DRL lights from Dan $200.00..weather tech matts (best investment) $349.00 for the whole car..Brake caliper covers in red $175.00.. a color match antenna $10.00.... a gasoline tank lock with key 19.00..at levithan ford..they advertise in this forum and they give good prices.. a matching color cover for the truck so they cant see your stuff in the back..$100.00..Changed the lights on the car to bright white leds..$40.00 I bought redline automatic hood pistons.. 85.00 dollars..endless cleaning supplies..Tints on the car... so mostly 3rd party stuff.. but for the car dealer stuff by from leviathan ford dealer they actually give discount compaired to my local dealer in Miami, who are rude and useless..checkout the forum that has a list of mods.. good luck!