TSB 07-11-13

Dave2302

Which overdrive....not sure. Either 4th or 5th gear. I usually hear it around 40-45 MPH. I don't drive it much, my wife does. But when I do, I hear it. Does it really matter which gear?

BTW...FWD.

FWD? Damn.

I was so hoping it would be AWD. I have a FWD and don't have the problem.

Yet.

The overdrive issue. 4th or 5th? In between perhaps..while shifting between the two.

This may not help but - does it happen when there is a fast acceleration between 4th and 5th? Or just a smooth, slow accerlation?

Just trying to pin this down for you.

You beat me to it. I was thinking the same thing.

AWD or FWD Dave?

FWD SEL. It happens at any speed. Dealer is getting it on Tuesday and I told them to keep it until it goes away. The only good thing is they heard it. Now lets see if they can find it. I think it is transmission related.

FWD SEL. It happens at any speed. Dealer is getting it on Tuesday and I told them to keep it until it goes away. The only good thing is they heard it. Now lets see if they can find it. I think it is transmission related.

Another FWD? But with you, it happens at any speed. Does that mean at any speed; 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc...or

for any acceleration?

My Edge just starting making a whine noise too. Mine only does it when the ac is on, taking it in Monday for that and some other annoying issues...the drama never seems to end with my edge.

I tried it a bit. It seems to be going into 5th. Usually around 35-45 MPH, under normal accel.

Mine does it between 1500 and 2000 RPM. It just spent two days at the dealer who thankfully I know very well they tell me that it is coming form the AC lines by the firewall and nothing can be done. Drove a while today and it will be getting sent back because it was doing it with the AC off to include not even having any climate control on. So rule that out. Ford engineers have no idea so please all you people that are having this problem bring your edge in so the factory people start to look into a answer.

My Edge just starting making a whine noise too. Mine only does it when the ac is on, taking it in Monday for that and some other annoying issues...the drama never seems to end with my edge.

Mine makes a whine noise too, it only happens when the wife is in it. It seems to be coming from the passenger side seat area. When she gets out, it goes away.

My FWD SEL+ makes a whine noise when I accelerate also. I figured it was the Turbo winding up, this V6 is quite zippy.

Honestly I do hear a whine in mine also. Probably no reason for alarm, maybe just the torque converter whining a bit. I like hearing it. My old 2001 Harley Edition did the same thing it either went away or I got used to it.

Sorry you are having trouble. I can't help either. How many Miles do you have on your Edge?

SRE

• 2 months later...

My AWD SEL+ also has the whine. Comes from the rear of the vehicle and it is constant - does not increase in intensity as speed increases. Worse after the vehicle has sat for awhile. Not related to AC. My thought was maybe in-tank fuel pump? My wife has a FWD SEL and it does not do it.

• 2 months later...

Mine has the whine also. 2008 SEL AWD.

Its been at the dealer for 3 days, and they tell me its the fuel pump, and that the noise is NORMAL.

Anyone had any luck getting this fixed? I'm meeting with the shop foreman later today, but I don't expect any help there.

Any info would be appreciated...I love the car except for this one thing which drives me crazy.

Thanks,

rb

Which overdrive....not sure. Either 4th or 5th gear. I usually hear it around 40-45 MPH. I don't drive it much, my wife does. But when I do, I hear it. Does it really matter which gear?

BTW...FWD.

I am starting to notice this on my Edge too. Under a normal accelleration with RPM's at about 2000, there is a noise that occurs just under 40mph. It's brief and goes away above 40. I would describe it as a quiet howling noise. Like when you blow air into or over a pop bottle. :banghead: It will get old quick.

2008 FWD Limited

2500 miles

• 1 month later...
Does anybody else experience the whining, whislting noise that they could not find on my edge. Oh by the way they heard it but couldn't find it. It is driving me crazy. Other then that I love the Edge.

My 2007 Edge SEL FWD also has a whinning whistling noise. Dealership not able to give me an answer on why.

• 2 years later...

I bought a used 07 SEL+ two weeks ago, was able to tape the whining sound I am having. Mine stops when i press the brakes, In the two weeks I've owned the car I've had the sound 3 times, not sure wht triggers it.

This thread was started a long time ago, anyone resolve their problems? Whining problems that is.