Sync/MyFord Touch overhaul

Seems like a good idea...after 3 years they still don't have a stable product even with stripping out features and never bringing others they said it would do. Article does say they might be able to install it on older mft but I won't hold my breathe. Also can't seem to find confirmation on when this will arrive...would like to know as a buddy at work was interested in an Explorer but doesn't want to roll the dice with the mft...if this will be on 15 models he might wait.

Thanks

another article...http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-dropping-microsoft-based-infotainment-to-adopt-blackberry-unit/

Maybes:

the Direct GPS Lat/Long input will be able to come back; able to set a destination from your downloaded phone contacts ( that has USA in it-iphone users), the upper right corner will not blank out the street name when navigate from map (currently requires a 2 hop - go elsewhere & come back) for street name to show up; the Fonts that are HUGE will be leveled & consistent across all audio displays; Applink on MFT, advanced settings for remote start climate control so it is not locked in at ONLY below 32 works (34 degrees still pretty darn cold but won't auto engage climate settings like heated seat/steering wheel), built in reboot, a more user friendly home screen for phone- then the do not disturb button- that is not the smartest choice- say vs. a 1 touch dialing hyperlink launch or something better in that quadrant, a calendar that auto goes to present day instead of "remembering" that last time you visited- say 2 months ago calendar day, more advanced options in NAV to adjust route- ie Google/MapQuest web based allows you to "drag" to preferred route of the 3 options they present- , etc , etc

Edited by drpepper

Thank You... I know you see my view points & my degree of intensity - I know you have different viewpoints & a much lower degree of intensity but history has play out. When consumers speak their mind, when they remind business the Big Bucks they spend & remind how we can influence others who Will spend big bucks...Business historically does respond. History has played out over the past 3 1/2 years.

Hopefully, we will ALL see a better- more robust- product. If I use 20 features & you use 5- we are ALL still the better for having the option to use all 20.

Unless you end up with 20 options that only work part of the time versus 5 that work 100% of the time. It's always a trade off between features, time and stability. I'm all for more features if they work properly.

This switch has probably been in the works for well over a year if not longer.

This is an interesting development: http://reviews.cnet.com/automobiles/2015-ford-focus/4505-10863_7-35835282.html?tag=nl.e404&s_cid=e404&ttag=e404&ftag=CAD1acfa04

Scroll down and read the part about MFT. This seems to be the first mention of a vehicle that will have Applink actually working in tandem with MFT, right?

I realize this is new, but it certainly does shed light on the previous stance by Ford about Applink and MFT not ever playing nicely together: http://ces.cnet.com/8301-35289_1-57616498/ford-adding-app-integration-to-3.4-million-cars/

As others have stated here, I would safely assuming this is about Ford moving forward and not upgrading current vehicles with MFT.

Peace,

DM

Edited by Davom97

On existing products that have Microsoft SYNC....if Ford makes it available to reload the system with a version of Blackberry ONX, will they also offer to remove the "SYNC by Microsoft" logos in the car? Will this be a minimal cost upgrade, a full cost upgrade, or free upgrade?

I hope not. I love seeing the look on peoples faces when I use my Microsoft OS/2 mug.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

There will be a version to update older models, but who knows if it will actually be any better.

So confused 3.7 is slowly being released in 9/14 1 year & 1 month after 3.6 but it is not the "new" QNX based... right- - It even appears to just be minor background fixes from what I have seen posted

So is the "new" operating system release still in works for 2011,2012,2013 vehicles as was mentioned or has things changed?

This was posted over at sync forum regarding 3.7. Is this true?

"It added arrival time on Navigation, also you can now turn off the beep's on both the 8 inch touch screen and the buttons below.

It removed the phone address book to destinations

It removed the "Easy Entry and Exit" selection.

It removed the 30 min automatic shut off if car is left unattended."

I am really interested in "It removed the phone address book to destinations" SINCE that has been an issue over last 4 years & would be shame if that feature was just removed vs fixed.

Almost seems Ford just tries to sell the ":Sync Services" for $199 /$60 to use the Ford destination app to do the same task that a download address through phone contacts could do for free.

I have watched the show "motion" & they go to a lot of national parks & state very clearly on show go to our web page to get the exact GPS coordinates to do the same site seeing. Shame that feature was removed- would love to see that come back in some form on a MFT redo...

Edited by drpepper

It removed the "Easy Entry and Exit" selection.

It removed the 30 min automatic shut off if car is left unattended."

Don't knwo about the other stuff (as my update hasn't been working and now the download option is gone), but those two items are not part of MFT and thus no update would ever change them.