Tinted Tails - Unique Coatings

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Abrannan- here are pictures of your tail lights. They are a bit darker than i think you were wanting, but they are still much lighter than normal. They are still very transparent, and dont think you'll have any problems with them.

Ā 

If you're happy with them, i'll let them cure through the weekend, and ship out monday.

Ā 

Chad

Ā 

Ā 

DSC05274.jpg

DSC05270.jpg

DSC05273.jpg

Chad sorry for not getting back to you sooner, schools getting busy, I definitely want to go ahead with the purchase, but i cant decide what shade of tint and if to leave white areas open.

HELP!!!!

Im having a hard time deciding exactly what to have done by Chad for my 2008 Ford Escape Tail lights. I was hoping that you all could give me feedback on what would be the best option or style for tinting my trucks back end. Ive included a few picture samples that i have worked with on photoshop to get an idea of what i may want. Ive included the light, medium, and dark tinted rears with either the white area left un-tinted or the entire light tinted. I just don't know which way to go. Also I've been reading the forum and i understand that alot of people are ordering lamin-x from Chad, because its easy to remove and not permanent. This might be another option to consider for myself due to the fact that the truck is being leased for 4 years. Anyways I hope you guys can help me out and give me some feedback about this issue. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Dave Greco

Ā 

Standard

post-3188-1206930846_thumb.jpg

Ā 

Medium Tint

post-3188-1206930646_thumb.jpg

Ā 

Medium Tint with White

post-3188-1206930704_thumb.jpg

Ā 

Medium Tint in action

post-3188-1206930750_thumb.jpg

Ā 

Medium Tint with White in action

post-3188-1206930774_thumb.jpg

Ā 

Dark Tint with White

post-3188-1206930904_thumb.jpg

Ā 

Dark Tint

post-3188-1206930936_thumb.jpg

The lamin-x is only available for the headlights, and third brake light. I do not lamin-x the tails due to the shape of them.

Ā 

I think your best best would be a full tint, but that is up to you.

Ā 

Ā 

Ya i think youre right. I think we should go ahead with the full tint in the medium....or to the level you think is best to match the exterior colour of my truck..... get back to me with what i do to complete this transaction and get this into action.... thanks

Sincerely

Dave Greco

Since i have several people interested lets go ahead and set up a new list:

Ā 

1) Craiger

2)

3)

Ā 

Please PM me if you're ready to order. Paying in full will lock in your position in line. PM me with who you prefer to pay (Check, Money Order, or Paypal). If paying with check or MO, keep in mind, you will not be locked in until the MO and check clear.

Ā 

Chad

• 4 weeks later...

hello, everyone. So to hop in this line of satisfied customers how much is the charge for painting the tails? also what would be an average shipping charge from la california. the finished product looks awesome!! also how many people would be in line ahead of me? thanks

well, it's a coating, not a paint. but typical cost is around 25 dollars, but with the core program, i cover the first 15 shipping. any additional is removed from the core return.

Ā 

there is currently no one in front of you, just waiting to receive the lenses back from the last person they were shipped to.

thats great!! now by coating, its a film? can it be removed down the road if necessary? I'm deffinitely interested!! also whats the process if getting a set of those puppies? ie: payment and then to the best of my understanding recieve shipment swap and send back? thanks for all the info!!!! also how dark are the lights directly above this post on the silver edge, in comparrison to the ones further up the page you took outside in natural light? thanks again!!! im stoked!!

Edited by edge22"

thats great!! now by coating, its a film? can it be removed down the road if necessary? I'm deffinitely interested!! also whats the process if getting a set of those puppies? ie: payment and then to the best of my understanding recieve shipment swap and send back? thanks for all the info!!!! also how dark are the lights directly above this post on the silver edge, in comparrison to the ones further up the page you took outside in natural light? thanks again!!! im stoked!!

Ā 

Those are pictures of the same tail lights.

Ā 

It is a coating, applied as a liquid, and cures to the plastic. It is very difficult to remove in the future, but can be done if necessary, although it would probably be easiest to purchase another set if you wanted to change looks.

Ā 

when you purchase using the core system, you pay the purchase price + a core fee, which is returned to you after shipping back your undamaged lenses within 2 weeks of receiving the tinted set from me.

Hey there,

I was jus wondering if there is a lighter aplication available, one that creates more of a smoked look than a blacked out look? I know the one on the silver edge is not quite blacked out. Just dont wana make it as obvious and get rolled. about how much is the purchase price plus the core price that we have to pay and then how much of that is returned once we ship back the stock lights? thanks for all of your imput!!

Edited by edge22"