Back up camera staying on in drive

Well I really didn't think I would be posting here for help already but I do have a small problem. We just got our 2011 Edge Saturday and I noticed it one time yesterday, but my wife said that twice today the camera stayed on even while the car was in drive. Once was in the school line, and she put the car in park and back into drive and the camera went off. I will add that with the other times this has happened its only stayed on for about 10 seconds and went off. Any clues or suggestions. I'm sure the next question will be my software version, if so where do I find that info? Thanks.

There is a setting that allows the backup camera to stay on after putting the Edge into drive. It will stay on continually until you reach a certain speed. I can't remember exactly where to find the setting on the MFT screen, probably under the vehicle settings menu. I'd suggest checking there first to see if the extended camera on setting is enabled.

Well I really didn't think I would be posting here for help already but I do have a small problem. We just got our 2011 Edge Saturday and I noticed it one time yesterday, but my wife said that twice today the camera stayed on even while the car was in drive. Once was in the school line, and she put the car in park and back into drive and the camera went off. I will add that with the other times this has happened its only stayed on for about 10 seconds and went off. Any clues or suggestions. I'm sure the next question will be my software version, if so where do I find that info? Thanks.

Congrats on your new-to-you Edge, cnyle!

omar302 is correct on how to get to the settings for the backup camera. If you'd still like to see which version of software you have, log in to your SYNC account at www.Support.Ford.com and it'll be on the right side in the blue section. The latest version is 3.6.2. Let me know if you need help setting up an account.

Rebecca

Thanks for the replies.I'm getting ready to go out, so I will check the settings, my wife said the camera didn't act up today when she drove to work. Thank you Rebecca for your input, its comforting to see that Ford Motor Co. is here. I did set up an account on the Support Ford website and I am due a SYNC update. The question I have is, can I put the update on a usb external hard drive, or do I need to get a SD card just for this? Thanks everyone, I will add that I first posted in the welcome section of the forums but I've yet to post any pics of our Edge, we've had rain everyday this week, and I can't wait to get it cleaned up tomorrow! So pics will be coming lol.

• Like 1

I tried to connect my ext hd today, but the system didn't play well with it, I was told that it was not compatible, which I don't understand, its newer that the vehicle lol. I will see what I can come up with this weekend that will work. In the meantime I did get our Edge cleaned up today and I posted a few pics here http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/14545-first-new-edge-and-couldnt-be-happier/ This SUV is a dream!

Charles just go pick up a new USB flash drive either 4 GB or 8 GB depending on how much memory the update requires and you should have no problems transferring it from the computer onto your vehicle.

They do not cost much and can be used down the road for simple memory solutions such as this. No use trying to dilly dally with external hard drives and figuring out why it didn't work. Just my 2 cents worth of advice.

• Like 1

I tried to connect my ext hd today, but the system didn't play well with it, I was told that it was not compatible, which I don't understand, its newer that the vehicle lol. I will see what I can come up with this weekend that will work. In the meantime I did get our Edge cleaned up today and I posted a few pics here http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/14545-first-new-edge-and-couldnt-be-happier/ This SUV is a dream!

Were you able to get the update installed? If not, I can send you a USB with the update on it. I'll just need your VIN, full name, and mailing address (you can send it in a private message). If you don't wish to wait 2-3 weeks for our USB, make sure yours is formatted to FAT32 and it cannot be encrypted or password protected. Let me know if you have any questions.

Side note: You have a gorgeous Edge! Aren't the seats a dream?!? :)

Rebecca

• 8 years later...