MTEDGE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As I am getting to know the Lincoln MKX here is what I hope for in 2009:

HID/Xenon Headlights

Better brakes

True dual exhaust - or more power with same MPG's!

Full wood interior - get rid of the silver interior components

A new key fob that is like the Land Rover/Jag fobs where the key folds into the fob

HID/Xenon Headlights (did I say that ;-) - this is a must...

Oh and a back-up cam.

Edited by jlight

• 2 months later...

My Perfect MKX would be the Monodhrome version Fully loaded. As far as things I wiould really love to see FORD do for the MKX.

Xenon/HID Lamps

Styling more set apart from edge.

The MKS Starter system (I would absolutely love remote start integrated into to this system).

Hybrid or mbigger engine, not sure which is more important.

Back up camera.

The full bells and whistles Sync System. (I would love to see Front control of rear DVDs integrated into Sync)

More Euro Style Wheels.

ROOF RAILS WITH BAMR!!!!!

All the Nice extras that are in the MKS, like the smart Cruise control, the hidden keypad and all those goodies.

• 3 weeks later...
My Perfect MKX would be the Monodhrome version Fully loaded. As far as things I wiould really love to see FORD do for the MKX.

Xenon/HID Lamps

Styling more set apart from edge.

The MKS Starter system (I would absolutely love remote start integrated into to this system).

Hybrid or mbigger engine, not sure which is more important.

Back up camera.

The full bells and whistles Sync System. (I would love to see Front control of rear DVDs integrated into Sync)

More Euro Style Wheels.

ROOF RAILS WITH BAMR!!!!!

All the Nice extras that are in the MKS, like the smart Cruise control, the hidden keypad and all those goodies.

One of the selling points of the MKX is the lower cost vs the Lexus CUV series. Let's keep it that way. My extras/improvements are from a practical point of view (to keep the cost below the Lexus CUV). I have a one year old 2007 MKX. Have had no problems. Extremely satisfied with my AWD MKX.

- Increase MPG/maintain reg gas (no need for a more powerful engine)

- Brakes are fine but test results apparently say not as good other CUVs in same category. I think this hurt Lincoln when it counted the most, out of the gate. (Lincoln should do something about this)

- Hand grip for passenger side

- Much, much louder warning signal for backing up. No need for backup camera

- Signal lights on outside rearview mirrors

- Auto collapsible outside rearview mirrors

- Digital readout for MPH somewhere on dash or windshield where it is "easily visible for the driver"

- Include HD Radio as standard in the audio package (THX is terrific).

- Silly little light for the glove compartment......

- I personally prefer portable navigational equipment. Garmin, Tom-Tom, etc ....

- Rear luggage cover (built in at the factory) not the over the rear seat add-on Lincoln offers - Ugh!!!

- Integrated remote start would be nice

- HID/Xenon - I won't win this argument but, ban it!!! (until it doesn't blind oncoming traffic). Under no circumstances should the MKX come with standard HID/Xenon lighting (until it doesn't blind oncoming traffic)

• 2 months later...

Ford had finally decided to release its information on the 2009 Edge on the website on Halloween. A couple of key items are missing though. No price or information on the Navigation system or the Illuminated door sill plates. Lets go blue oval guys, get it together. We want to see these items also.

Ford had finally decided to release its information on the 2009 Edge on the website on Halloween. A couple of key items are missing though. No price or information on the Navigation system or the Illuminated door sill plates. Lets go blue oval guys, get it together. We want to see these items also.

Same thing with MKX. It will let you build & price, but those items don't come up.

2009 Edge needs more to keep it tops in sales.A little disappointed here. Ford needs to listen to their customers. With the Venza out now, competition is even more intense in this segment. I really wanted Ford to start to step things up for the 2009 model year. Little things like outside mirrors that dim and have turn signal repeaters, cooled seats, lighted glove box and console, maybe even a power recliner for the power seats. While we are at it how about that terrible instrument panel illumination. Should have all been changed in my opinion.

I was glad to see the lighted door sill option but all things being equal, sometimes a little bling will bring in the new or back the the repeat buyer. Lets face it, the Venza will have better resale just because of its nameplate.

Edited by goatee