Edge Likes & Dislikes

Magnetic Edge

So after driving my Sport for 2 days now here are a few things I like and don't like about it.

Looks fantastic in silver

Giant panoramic roof

Very quiet inside with almost no road noise. Quieter than my '13 Flex Limited

Rides firm but well damped, even on Mi roads

Suede seat inserts

New keyfob design shows a green light if the vehicle has successfully remote started, red if not

Effortless power, should increase with more miles and break-in

Gauge cluster now shows actual tire pressures and AWD power distribution

Storage bins next to spare tire

Can lock/unlock vehicle by all doors now, not just the front (keyless vehicles)

Fit and finish is perfect

Dislikes:

Turn signal stalk is the same one used in the Focus and actually stays up or down, unlike all other newer Fords that return to center after signaling. Will take some relearning.

Center console really deep and takes some digging to find something

Not a huge fan of the standard Sport wheels, wish the 21" dark ones were available at production start up (maybe find someone in a couple months to trade)

Pant leg catches door sill when getting out, not good for dark pants in the winter

Overall I really love this thing and am very happy with my decision over the MKC.

• Like 3

So after driving my Sport for 2 days now here are a few things I like and don't like about it.

Giant panoramic roof

Suede seat inserts

New keyfob design shows a green light if the vehicle has successfully remote started, red if not Finally! Great addition

Gauge cluster now shows actual tire pressures and AWD power distribution AWD power distribution is displayed on my 2011 Ltd ?

Can lock/unlock vehicle by all doors now, not just the front (keyless vehicles) Have that as well with my 2011 Ltd ?

Dislikes:

Turn signal stalk is the same one used in the Focus and actually stays up or down, unlike all other newer Fords that return to center after signaling. Will take some relearning.

Not a huge fan of the standard Sport wheels, wish the 21" dark ones were available at production start up (maybe find someone in a couple months to trade)

Pant leg catches door sill when getting out, not good for dark pants in the winter

Overall I really love this thing and am very happy with my decision over the MKC.

Giant panoramic roof

Suede seat inserts

New keyfob design shows a green light if the vehicle has successfully remote started, red if not Finally! Great addition

Gauge cluster now shows actual tire pressures and AWD power distribution AWD power distribution is displayed on my 2011 Ltd ?

Can lock/unlock vehicle by all doors now, not just the front (keyless vehicles) Have that as well with my 2011 Ltd ?

Dislikes:

I came from a '13 Flex which had neither of those even though the gauger cluster was the same.

Edited by Magnetic Edge

I believe you're referring to "Can lock/unlock vehicle by all doors now, not just the front (keyless vehicles) Have that as well with my 2011 Ltd ?".

I think Magnetic Edge meant that unlocking from the remote or unlocking either front door (keyless entry) can unlock all 4 doors at the same time, if programmed to do so.

I believe you're referring to "Can lock/unlock vehicle by all doors now, not just the front (keyless vehicles) Have that as well with my 2011 Ltd ?".

I think Magnetic Edge meant that unlocking from the remote or unlocking either front door (keyless entry) can unlock all 4 doors at the same time, if programmed to do so.

Actually what I meant was all 4 door handles have the sensor in them to lock/unlock just by touch when you have the keyless fob in your pocket. Earlier years only have the sensor in the front doors.

The 2011-2014s have same sensor to do that too.

11' - 14' have the sensors on the front doors only. That's applicable to the Edge, MKX, Taurus, MKS, Flex, MKT, Explorer. Not sure what other models are the same. It seems Ford started switching to a new system with a newer fob (factory 2-way) on new the platforms with sensors in all 4 doors, like the MKZ, MKC & now the Edge (not sure of the Fusion, I know it has the fob, but didn't try the 4 doors).

11' - 14' have the sensors on the front doors only. That's applicable to the Edge, MKX, Taurus, MKS, Flex, MKT, Explorer. Not sure what other models are the same. It seems Ford started switching to a new system with a newer fob (factory 2-way) on new the platforms with sensors in all 4 doors, like the MKZ, MKC & now the Edge (not sure of the Fusion, I know it has the fob, but didn't try the 4 doors).

There is an option in the menu to select when I touch the door handle to open the front doors or all four doors with the key fob in my pocket. It was on my US 2011 and 2013 Edge Sports.

• Like 1

Actually what I meant was all 4 door handles have the sensor in them to lock/unlock just by touch when you have the keyless fob in your pocket. Earlier years only have the sensor in the front doors.

I much prefer what you really meant rather than what I thought you meant :)

That's good news! So you can feel that little bump on the outside of the door handle on all 4 doors, or is it a different system now?

I assume it's like the Fusion - ridges on the top of the handle to lock it and a sensor inside the handle to unlock.

Exactly, just 3 raised lines on the right of the handle where you touch to lock. Another thing I noticed with the new system is there is no physical lock plunger that sticks up on the inside door panel, just a little red light when it's locked. So when the doors lock it's not as loud so you have to listen a little closer to make sure they lock.

Exactly, just 3 raised lines on the right of the handle where you touch to lock. Another thing I noticed with the new system is there is no physical lock plunger that sticks up on the inside door panel, just a little red light when it's locked. So when the doors lock it's not as loud so you have to listen a little closer to make sure they lock.

Yep - just like my fusion.

Giant panoramic roof

Suede seat inserts

New keyfob design shows a green light if the vehicle has successfully remote started, red if not

Gauge cluster now shows actual tire pressures and AWD power distribution

Can lock/unlock vehicle by all doors now, not just the front (keyless vehicles)

Dislikes:

Center console really deep and takes some digging to find something - It is super deep!

Not a huge fan of the standard Sport wheels, wish the 21" dark ones were available at production start up (maybe find someone in a couple months to trade) - I would love black or dark grey wheels.

Pant leg catches door sill when getting out, not good for dark pants in the winter - The doors are odd, I agree. I can see my pants catching on them.

I am not sure if the same is available on the 2015's, but my '11 MKX has a plastic sleeve attached to a string meant for positioning the rear shoulder belts at a more comfortable position. The sleeve is inserted in a hidden pocket on the seat back behind the head rest.

From the OM:

Second row comfort guide The second row outboard lap/shoulder belt is equipped with a belt comfort guide. This guide is attached to the head restraint and is stored in a pocket in the seatback. It is used to adjust the comfort of the shoulder belt for smaller occupants in the outboard second row seats.

To adjust the comfort guide: 1. Slip the shoulder belt into the belt guide. 2. Slide the guide up or down along the webbing so that the belt is centered on the occupants shoulder.

• Like 1