Drip under engine bay - 2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus

josdesl

Hello Ford Edge Forum,

I own a 2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus and it has 99,500 kms on the odometer. I recently noticed a small amount of fluid accumulating in my garage under the Edge's engine bay, on the passenger side. So I wanted to investigate this further.

The amount is just a few drips every now and then, for example after driving around and parking the vehicle in the garage, a few drops will stain the garage floor.

I crawled under the Edge just now and took a few pictures, I have found the source of the dripping and wanted to know if anyone has any idea what type of fluid this is (seems to appear reddish color), and the cause of this?

post-35063-0-07142300-1429581502_thumb.jpg

post-35063-0-34725300-1429581507_thumb.jpg

post-35063-0-40109000-1429581512_thumb.jpg

Looks like power steering. Pricy little hose. My repair cost me under 300 at a dealer. I was on the road so I had to have it repaired at a dealership.

Reddish fluid should be either trans or power steering fluid. From the location, I'd go with power steering fluid. Have you checked the power steering fluid level in the reservoir? That hose/fittings likely need replacement, IMHO.

• Like 1

Hello WWWPerfA_ZN0W and macbwt,

Thanks for mentioning the power steering. I had a look at the fluid reservoir and it is indeed low, which would suggest that the fluid that's leaking is likely power steering fluid. I'll bring it to a mechanic ASAP to have it repaired. Thanks again :hat_tip:

• Like 1

The power steering hose on my 2011 had a leak when it was only 3 years old.

It must have been small as I didn't notice myself; the dealer found it looking it over at my last oil change before the warranty expired. I've more grateful they found it now I see how much it costs.