2016 Edge To Get Sync 3

If anything, we know what to expect from the 2015 Sync 2. I like the new screen from Sync 3 and I expect a much faster processor. But to me, it's the user interface that's important and I haven't seen enough of Sync 3 to get that "it's ok" feeling.

If anything, we know what to expect from the 2015 Sync 2. I like the new screen from Sync 3 and I expect a much faster processor. But to me, it's the user interface that's important and I haven't seen enough of Sync 3 to get that "it's ok" feeling.

Well I've seen enough of Sync 3 to know that I want it, and I won't settle for lesser product.

• 3 weeks later...

Checking Owners Manuals in Ford Owners site, the 2016 Edge has Sync 3 in the SYNC Quick Reference Guide. Hopefully it is an indication of Sync 3 coming on the 2016 Edge.

On the other hand, the 2016 Edge Quick Reference Guide Printing 1 (PDF) shows Sync 2!

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/owner-manuals.html

It's amazing that they already have some reference guides up there. The order bank for 2016's doesn't even open until August and production isn't scheduled until October! I'm sure the first delivery of 2016's won't be before December.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know for sure if the 2016's will come with Sync3? I am teetering on leasing a 2015 or waiting until September/October to order/lease a 2016. My current lease isnt up until Feb or next year, so I have some time to wait on ordering... bt if Sync3 isnt going to be included, i might jump early..

Does anyone know for sure if the 2016's will come with Sync3? I am teetering on leasing a 2015 or waiting until September/October to order/lease a 2016. My current lease isnt up until Feb or next year, so I have some time to wait on ordering... bt if Sync3 isnt going to be included, i might jump early..

Yes, SYNC 3 will be available with the 2016s. I will be waiting on the 2016 Edge for SYNC 3 and for Ford to work out some of the issues they are having with the 2015s.

Look on page 18 of the fleet guide preview

http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/brochures/UPDATED_16_FleetPreviewGuide.pdf