I'm new from Texas

Redbow

Hi, names Burke, reside in Greenville, TX with my beloved wife of 58 years and my eldest daughter. Two years ago we moved back into town after 27 years in the country. And didn't have room for all my vehicles. Traded my Taurus and F150 for a new 2013 Chevy Malibu. Now after 14 months or gripping with myself over that, I've had it with GM products and returned to FORD. Picked up our 2013 Black edge last Saturday. I seem to like black cars. It matches my 57 T-Bird. Am looking at 4" oval running boards and a class III hitch as the first mods. Then maybe some window visors and possible a chip. But nothing to serious. Looking forward to exchanging ideas with you Guys.

So, Burke, do yourelf a favor and get the Husky mud flaps for the front. It was one of the first things I did after learning the hard way and having tire shine get sprayed all over the side of my freshly detaied Edge. While you won't need it for snow and slush much in TX, it'll keep the rainy road grime off as well. Looks sharp too. Custom fit and matches the trim nicely.

P. S... I meant to congratulate you on 58 years of marriage. Quite an accomplishment these days. I'm clocking 34 years with the Mrs. in October, so I know what once & forever means.

• Like 1

Hey Thanks to all fore the greetings, make me feel at home. Appreciate the advice on the mud flaps, but not my thing. So running boards were installed and work about the same. Wife is only 4'11" so the boards help her in and out also. They give the Edge that lowered look which I have always liked. I've had a multitude of cars, mostly Black. So I don't mind the attention required to keep them looking good. And being retired I have plenty of time. A congrats to you "good2Bking" on your 34 also. Longivity, that's a unique Club we belong to.

Burke

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Welcome CailinS. This is a neat site, I visit it almost every day. Many good thoughts, recommendations and people. Lots of folks from way up North(Canada) I've noticed. So questions about snow tires and the like don't excite me. But when I was having tire noise, the comments were very helpful. So welcome fellow Texan and if your in the Greenville area. Please do wave and I'll do the same, It's "Just a Texas Thing".

Burke

Edited by Redbow
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Redbow and congrats on the new ride.

I have been noticing Edge drivers way more around DFW! I waved to a lady on Saturday but she just thought I was weird. I have never owned a car where I felt a sense of camaraderie between owners. Very excited about this forum and that aspect of this car!

Cailin,

I get the same response when I pass other Edges/MKX's.

• Like 1

Moved to Texas back in 1969 from Oklahoma. First thing I noticed about the "Texas wave", was that it was not done with only one finger, like so many other places. It's just a much friendler atmospher down here. Of course I'm considered a naturalized Texan now. And D*** proud of it.

Burke

Moved to Texas back in 1969 from Oklahoma. First thing I noticed about the "Texas wave", was that it was not done with only one finger, like so many other places. It's just a much friendler atmospher down here. Of course I'm considered a naturalized Texan now. And D*** proud of it.

Burke

Well, I am originally from Montana. As far as I can remember, it was and has been a custom of waving at every on coming vehicle. With more and more technology, more and more people are looking down rather than ahead.