Water Leak! Help!

built2prfctn

I really wish Ford would be more proactive buying back vehicles. They can repair them and sell them at auction just like lease returns so they won't lose much money and they'd have a lot more happy customers.

Well I am sure the also have insurance for product completion or something. It is sad really I always thought Ford was better than this. For years people would say to us can't believe you bought another Ford and my husband and I would always say how great they were with service, workmanship etc. Guess we were wrong. This is an uphill battle, one in my mind that shouldn't be taking place for any of us that have a leaky Edge. I find it interesting that this has not popped up on the news. one the Ford is doing is managing to keep this hush hush.

'15 Edge with mid November build date. Southern car in an area that gets large amounts of rainfall. Not a hint of a leak but we've only had it for 3 weeks. But it's seen lots of rain so far and sits outside and obviously was outside on dealer lot it's whole life.

Next door neighbor is Ford dealer so I think I'm OK for fixes if they become necessary :)

Edited by DRbillZ

They're no worse than other mfrs. Ford does go above and beyond on some things including buy backs and 100K extended warranties they're just not consistent. And it gets compounded when you have incompetent dealers.

So what constitutes a buy back? As the dealer and the Customer Services Representative in our area have both told me from the beginning there will be now buy back. As far as I am concern they are just as bad if not worse they are not standing behind their product and the fact that they built a defected vehicle. We have been without the vehicle 48 days and counting and they still have it and still have not corrected.

They are standing behind the vehicle - they're still trying to repair it and are offering compensation (probably one or two months of payments). They're just not doing what you want them to do. Sounds like the dealer doesn't know how to fix it properly and there isn't much Ford can directly do about that unfortunately.

They are standing behind the vehicle - they're still trying to repair it and are offering compensation (probably one or two months of payments). They're just not doing what you want them to do. Sounds like the dealer doesn't know how to fix it properly and there isn't much Ford can directly do about that unfortunately.

Unfortunately I don't feel they are standing behind their product. It has lost value due to all the leaks not to mention we have been given no assurance in regards to any electrical or other issue that may arise due to the several water leaks etc. We live in the Northeast were we have snow (and salt) on the roads who is to say that the water on the floors has not cause rust to take place sooner? 2 months of payments won't work I have had discussion with an attorney regarding this they have a responsibility this was a NEW car not a used car. Time will tell. It is unfortunate, but I must protect my investment.

Further info, paid the dealer a visit right after lunch Monday 10-5, talked to sales mgr, never got a phone call in am, guy I talked to Saturday didn't leave the body shop mgr a note or message like he said he would, plus body shop mgr gone on Monday anyhow. But dropped Edge off Monday night, jumped in loaner car (base model Focus) and went home. Get call about 1PM Tuesday, Edge is fixed/done. Pick car up Tuesday late afternoon, 5:30 pm. Carpet still slightly damp, not replaced.

Small rain shower Thursday afternoon. Wife buys a few groceries on way home from work. Leaving wet foot prints again. Carpet is very wet, not quite sopped, but light shower today vs Two Inches of ran last time.

FMC & Dealer get one more shot at fixing it and it gets Lemon-Law'd! I'm getting tired of my car passing their water leak tests but any precipitation finds it's way into the car and soaks the carpet. Ford's built MILLIONS of cars, it's absolutely unbelievable to me that they built new Edges for 2-3 MONTHS with water leaks this bad!

How did you make out with this?

Unfortunately I don't feel they are standing behind their product. It has lost value due to all the leaks not to mention we have been given no assurance in regards to any electrical or other issue that may arise due to the several water leaks etc. We live in the Northeast were we have snow (and salt) on the roads who is to say that the water on the floors has not cause rust to take place sooner? 2 months of payments won't work I have had discussion with an attorney regarding this they have a responsibility this was a NEW car not a used car. Time will tell. It is unfortunate, but I must protect my investment.

Ford's only obligation at this point is to get the leak fixed and to ensure it hasn't caused other damage. In this case I would say a 100K mile extended warranty to cover any future repairs would be appropriate compensation in addition to one or two months payments.

I understand your frustration and don't blame you for wanting a new vehicle.

The reason Ford doesn't want to do a buyback is that this type of problem should be easily fixed by the dealer with one or two visits at most. If that fails they may offer a buyback or force you to do a lemon law. Either way I hope you get it fixed.

Ford's only obligation at this point is to get the leak fixed and to ensure it hasn't caused other damage. In this case I would say a 100K mile extended warranty to cover any future repairs would be appropriate compensation in addition to one or two months payments.

I understand your frustration and don't blame you for wanting a new vehicle.

The reason Ford doesn't want to do a buyback is that this type of problem should be easily fixed by the dealer with one or two visits at most. If that fails they may offer a buyback or force you to do a lemon law. Either way I hope you get it fixed.

an extended warrantee would be fine but I have already been informed by the customer service representative that that is not an option as warrantees do not cover water damage. I feel like I am running around in circles. They have been very quick to tell me what they can't and won't do, they have been very evasive about what they can and will do when asked. They have had it for 3rd time now going on 53 days. They keep saying they have all their resources working on this but when asked a direct question I get a run around. we will call you on such and such at day before the close of business with an update on your vehicle. Oh thank you very much for that!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Latest update on our 2015 leaking Ford Edge. They contacted us on June 10 to inform us that they were returning the vehicle to us after they were unable to replicate the last leak it was back in for. As you can imagine I was like seriously????!!!! You have got to be kidding me was what I said. Fortunately for us, I had already spoke to an attorney who specializes in NYS Lemon Law and he had said when I spoke to them about this recent leak to ask them if they did a smoke test. So I did, the Customer Service Rep told me she did not know, all she could tell me was they were unable to replicate the leak after several attempts and thus where putting it back together yet again and returning it to us. So I summed it up for her that we had purchased a NEW car from Ford, which has a water leak, they still were standing behind their earlier statements that this vehicle was not part of that production yet they could not explain nor seem to fix the various areas that water was coming in and now after a 3rd attempt and a total of 55 days they had the vehicle they were just going to put it back together and giving it back. I told her this was unacceptable!!!! So then she asked if we would be interested in seeing if the vehicle was eligible for a buy back? Yes!!!! But I reminded her that both the dealership and Ford Customer Service had told me 5/4 that there was NO WAY of a buy back. What changed? Anyway they contacted me yesterday and said that the buy back had been approved and we would be contacted by the buy back department within 3 - 4 business days. WOW finally!!!! It is bittersweet, the vehicle is great in so many ways other than the fact that it takes on water like mad. Why it took 3 mos to get to this point is beyond me, but I am thankful that Ford finally is taking responsibility and taking it back. Will I purchase another Ford in the near future? No, I don't think so which is unfortunate because we have owned so many Ford products. We still have a 2010 F150 extended cab which is a tank with 84,000 miles. We love this vehicle, nothing changes there, we just wont be purchasing a new Ford car anytime soon.

I hope the rest of you are successful in your leaking issues.

• 3 months later...

This is really bad, we also have to many threads on this now as well.

Anyhow , mine went in for this. My water leaks seem to be front and rear.

They called in Leakpro. Report says they resealed Fender seals. A-pillar, etc, etc.

Guess what after 2 car washes the carpets are damp again. Unbelievable !!!!!

Anyone have details on the dash removal TSB ? This is a new one for me.

Thx

My 2013 Edge has been back to the dealer twice for week long stints to try and dry out/solve this under warranty.

They said there was some seal missing, or seam in the a-pillar not sealed or something like that... however neither repair attempt was successful in my case either. Every time it rains, my carpets get damp and the car smells like cat-piss. (Mold probably.)

Car is out of warranty now, and I'm not willing to spend any money on it to try and fix it... it's such a piece of crap I won't even wash it anymore.

Too many problems now with back up cam, seats, moonroof, leaks, transmission, needs shocks, tires and battery/etc... I give up.

I don't think they have this fully figured out yet... sounds like the new model is leaking too.