Water Leak! Help!

built2prfctn

I'm really sad to hear this is happening. I think somebody said it's limited to the Sport models, Honestly, this is one of those problems that would make me never want to buy the brand again. Water damage is the worst. I'm still planning on buying the Edge, but it's a shame that such a big issue was missed. I hope it's due to a faulty part and not a production issue (eg: they never tested water tightness)

I'm really sad to hear this is happening. I think somebody said it's limited to the Sport models, Honestly, this is one of those problems that would make me never want to buy the brand again. Water damage is the worst. I'm still planning on buying the Edge, but it's a shame that such a big issue was missed. I hope it's due to a faulty part and not a production issue (eg: they never tested water tightness)

Reading the other thread, it sounds like one member had this problem on his SE model as well. I'm now worried about the Titanium that I ordered and that's en route to me. I can only hope that Ford identified the issue and resolved it before my Edge was built. Seems like a serious problem if the repair includes removing the entire dash.

Reading the other thread, it sounds like one member had this problem on his SE model as well. I'm now worried about the Titanium that I ordered and that's en route to me. I can only hope that Ford identified the issue and resolved it before my Edge was built. Seems like a serious problem if the repair includes removing the entire dash.

Any problem that leaves water sitting inside the cabin in serious due to water damage issues. Imagine accelerated rusting, moldy carpeting, electrical shorts... My guess is that they would've resolved this at the factory by now since there is a TSB out for it. So I wouldn't worry if it was recently built.

This is really bad, we also have to many threads on this now as well.

Anyhow , mine went in for this. My water leaks seem to be front and rear.

They called in Leakpro. Report says they resealed Fender seals. A-pillar, etc, etc.

Guess what after 2 car washes the carpets are damp again. Unbelievable !!!!!

Anyone have details on the dash removal TSB ? This is a new one for me.

Thx

Any ideas on how to test for this problem when picking up the car at the dealership?

Like maybe throwing water at it with a hose or something?

They all just want you to sign off on the delivery and hope that you don't return with problems, therefore I'd suggest testing this at the moment you go pick up the car at the dealership.

Edited by alzakx

Hey Folks,

I fould this on Ford's Etis system. I have a leaky 2015 Edge Titanium, which is scheduled to be looked at today,

Outstanding Field Service Actions

15B21 - A-PILLAR WATER LEAK INSPECTION AND REPAIR
From what I understand, 'Field Service Action' is a manditiory repair. Not quite as compelling as a TSB, but indicates that Ford is well aware of a defect on the 2015 Edge.
I will share the outcome with you all after the dust settles post dealer visit today.
Cheers !
  • Like 2

Hey Folks,

I fould this on Ford's Etis system. I have a leaky 2015 Edge Titanium, which is scheduled to be looked at today,

Outstanding Field Service Actions

15B21 - A-PILLAR WATER LEAK INSPECTION AND REPAIR
From what I understand, 'Field Service Action' is a manditiory repair. Not quite as compelling as a TSB, but indicates that Ford is well aware of a defect on the 2015 Edge.
I will share the outcome with you all after the dust settles post dealer visit today.
Cheers !

Mine shows the same thing.

This may be a stupid question, but where is the "A Pillar" located?

A pillars: The two sides of the windshield.

B pillars: the sides between front & rear doors.

C pillars: behind the rear doors.

D pillars: should be the sides of the rear tailgate. Sedans would not have D pillars.

• Like 1

Just reading this post and it made me think about searching for my vehicle since it was a Titanium built in Oakville too.

The etis for mine shows a build date of April 30, 2015 and luckily for me no Outstanding Field Service Actions - No Campaign Message(s) found. So I just passed the April 28th cut-off. Now we have a "torrential rainfall warning and risk of tornado" my edge is sitting outside and will be for the next 5 hours while the rain comes down....lets see is there is a surprise waiting for me.