Water Leak! Help!

built2prfctn

I am getting tired of this whole thing and would have been better off to keep my previous vehicle (not a Ford). I have not had any updates or contacts from Ford. The last update from the dealer was a few weeks ago when I saw the car sitting outside and thought it must be ready to go. I went in to check. My mistake, no interior in it. Dealer, at that time said they were waiting for instruction from Ford. So far, since obtaining the vehicle May 25th, I had it for 25 days and the dealer has had it for 33 days and counting. I thought about going through CAMVAP but was informed that the decision is binding and some of the funding for the program is provided by the manufacturers. Perhaps our friend in Calgary can let us know how CAMVAP is working for him. Have any of the Canadians that have the A pillar leaking problem received their fixed vehicles back yet, or had a satisfactory settlement with Ford?

Slight update..

Had a meeting with the Dealership I purchased the vehicle from Friday afternoon.. Met with the GM and the Shop Manager..

They showed me all the documents related to the Stop sell order which was put out in Canada, the day after I purchased our unit and the 22 page repair document that their staff have been reviewing. The Stop Sell order is still in effect for Edge's produced withiin a certain date frame across Canada from what they know of as well.

Everything's been ordered and received so far but their currently waiting on 2 parts which haven't been produced.. These will be shipped once they come off the line in either Oakville or US.. Entire interior including wiring will have to be re-done.. If these 2 parts come out next Tuesday (Pending no more Ford Corporate delays) they should be here by End of week and then the dealership can finally start getting to work.

GM Feels awful about all this, they didn't think the unit I purchased would be effected and the Shop Manager feels just as bad because we shouldn't be going through all this.. They have a brand new unit on the lot at the moment, GM has put in a request for Ford to buy back my vehicle so they can get me into this one.. Would be nice to we can get on with our lives this summer...

Will know more on Monday whether the waiting game continues or I get a brand new vehicle.

Same here, still waiting for customer relation manager's call back on updates and further decisions. Car has been sitting in dealership over 4 weeks now, I wish we have the lemon law here in Canada. Sucks man it sucks...

Edited by edgeca

Heard from my dealership today that ALL Ford Edges are now on factory hold, even new ones built after the April 28th leak deadline. The Sales Manager wasn't 100% sure what the issue is, but said that it was a quality hold. Assuming that it is related to the leaking, but it could be another issue.

Well It's monday..

Heard back from the dealership today, Ford Canada won't buy back our vehicle.. even with the GM saying that they have a brand new unit waiting for us to drive off the lot.. Not sure why they wont considering the dampness and what not it sat through in our heatwave here in Calgary..

Ford's agreed to make the next payment to Ford Credit on my truck (And will continue to until I get my vehicle back)

No update on these 2 parts that the shop is awaiting for.. Shop Manager is hoping to hear back Tomorrow or Wednesday regarding this.. Soon as these do arrive they can put my truck back together again.

Will be chasing down my Customer Service Manager who hates me at Corporate to find out why they won't just take it back.. Can't win em all, but I'll keep banging on the windows there.

Anybody reading this who has a 15 that leaks has got to be heated!! Any edge that has leaked 1" is now a flood vehicle and is no way worth a brand new vehicle price it's not like the window seal leaks this vehicle was not put together right from the factory.. Do not take possession of a fixed vehicle unless is has new carpet and is completely detailed that's if it wasn't as bad as my edge totally smelled like mildew...do not accept possession of a newer edge under the same lease because they have breeched the original lease agreement with the original vehicle... Everyone I've seen has had i terrible time and even worse service dealing with ford and they need to know about the ford reacquired vehicle program they ARE buying back these edges and I was refunded all my lease payments and was able to leave ford just be persistent and demand to be satisfied in the end you are paying a lot of money and the customer should alway sbe right... .18668417507 that's the number to the RAV line

• Like 1

Hey man I'm just trying to give hope to people dealing with the same thing I don't mean to sound like a broken record but i just got done going thru what everyone else is going thru and it completely stressed me out for 37 days and I also needed to vent a lil bit ok!! But my case ended on a great note ford followed through and satisfied me as a customer...

This is another number to call about the ford buy back program- 1-800-367-3050

Heard from my dealership today that ALL Ford Edges are now on factory hold, even new ones built after the April 28th leak deadline. The Sales Manager wasn't 100% sure what the issue is, but said that it was a quality hold. Assuming that it is related to the leaking, but it could be another issue.

If this is true, I don't blame Ford. After seeing the mess Fiat/Chrysler is dealing with right now, I'd probably make sure they are producing lemon after lemon.

If this is true, I don't blame Ford. After seeing the mess Fiat/Chrysler is dealing with right now, I'd probably make sure they are producing lemon after lemon.

I don't blame Ford for the steps they're trying to take to fix the problem, but it is getting more than a little disconcerting that they're having these types of issues more and more the last few years.

Ford just reported record profit for 2Q - $2.9B. It's time to spend some of that on better engineering and quality control.

• Like 4

I don't blame Ford for the steps they're trying to take to fix the problem, but it is getting more than a little disconcerting that they're having these types of issues more and more the last few years.

Ford just reported record profit for 2Q - $2.9B. It's time to spend some of that on better engineering and quality control.

Yea it is very disconcerting.

Little things that come with increased options/technology in vehicles I can live with (i.e. Cooling seats issue)....but water leaks is a Quality / Engineering fail.

I still feel confident that my Edge will be solid for 5 years easy. It is a 3 year lease so we'll see how I feel then about grabbing another Ford, buying my Edge, or looking elsewhere. I hope I can stay with Ford.

Hey man I'm just trying to give hope to people dealing with the same thing I don't mean to sound like a broken record but i just got done going thru what everyone else is going thru and it completely stressed me out for 37 days and I also needed to vent a lil bit ok!! But my case ended on a great note ford followed through and satisfied me as a customer...

This is another number to call about the ford buy back program- 1-800-367-3050

Must be an american thing because number doesn't work in Canada when I call..

Unleashing the hounds on Ford Canada corporate office as we speak B)

Considering this error was Human caused.. I hope they make some changes big time..

Considering this error was Human caused.. I hope they make some changes big time..

Either processes weren't followed or the processes need revamping. Sometimes what appears as human error is really a failure in the process. Sometimes it's both. The key is to identify the root cause and institute an irreversible corrective action, whether that's more training, new employees or a process change. Or all 3.

• Like 1

Either processes weren't followed or the processes need revamping. Sometimes what appears as human error is really a failure in the process. Sometimes it's both. The key is to identify the root cause and institute an irreversible corrective action, whether that's more training, new employees or a process change. Or all 3.

Bingo.

You must work in Quality. As do I.

I'm an IT professional. I did a lot of work on application outage resolution earlier in my career.

Great story - we were having problems with a computer vendor. We were sending back cpu cards about once or twice per week for a few months. Every time they would test the failed cpu and it tested ok. (the real problem was it was overheating but I digress). One time the VP of the company was so happy he could actually report that they had found a bad chip on one of the returned cpu cards. My boss didn't bat an eye - she immediately said "what was wrong with the chip?". Dead silence. I was ROTFLMAO.

• Like 3

OK, here we go. I bought a new 2015 Titanium last Wed. I noticed it had the TSB, but was told it had been addressed. Is there a place I can look on line to see if the TSB has been completed on my vehicle?

I'm also thinking this. The build date was either 2-3-2015 or 3-2-2015. I bought it Wed, so that means it has been outside since Feb. We have had buttloads of rain this spring and early summer. Wouldn't you think it would be obvious if there had been a water leak? No smell, no dampness or appearance of anything inside.

I looked at the area and there is no sealer visible. So do you think I've dodged the bullet or should I keep pressing the dealer for proof of inspection/repair? I'm going to do that anyway, but wonder if there is anywhere I can look to see confirmation?

Dealer is reputable and has been a local landmark since 1912, so I don't think there's any shadiness here.

Whattaya think?

Frisco,

If your new Edge has been sitting outside since the build date with plenty of rain, it should be apparent by now if there had been a leak. So if you have no signs of water damage I would think its a pretty safe bet to conclude there is no problem.

Regarding the sealing work done by your dealer, there will probably be no signs that the sealant has been applied. I took my new Edge in 2 weeks ago to get it sealed (although it had no signs of water leaks - no rain here in CA), and after the getting the Edge back from the dealer, I could not see any signs of the sealer being applied. So I called the dealer and asked them about no signs of the sealant being applied (mostly curious to where it was applied), and he told informed me of the procedure they use to apply the sealant etc. From the procedure they used, you would not be able to see the applied sealant.

Give it some time with a few more rainstorms or car washes, you should know by then if there is any possible leak or not.

You can go to www.etis.ford.com and hit the vehicle tab at the top. Type in your VIN and the search will reveal if there are any FSAs open for your vehicle.

I've done that and it says the item is still open. I'm going to grill my service manager and dealer tomorrow. I like the car too much to have that issue with it. I was told it was done, but I can't find proof.

My build date is 3.16.2015. I think I posted earlier that I had the sealant fix put in quite some time ago. I've only been in the rain once since buying it and 2 car washes. So far no direct evidence of any leak before or after the sealant. Keeping my fingers crossed. I don't know how many Edges are included in this TSB but I'm still surprised theres a shortage of "parts" considering those parts consist of a standard brake hose and some sealant which I can only imagine isn't some special compound.

Another week... Another story from Ford..

Upside.. Ford Corporate finally agreed to take over making my payments until this gong show gets fixed..

Downside.. Buy back was refused (Even though the GM of the dealership had a brand new unit available for us to take right away).. Parts still haven't been produced/Shipped.. Everything except two parts are here and ready.. Once they actually show up our service manager said he can get everything put together and us back in our vehicle within 72-96hrs..

So the nightmare continues.. 38 days and counting

I am now at 43 days and counting and still no timeline for a repair. After seeing the parts and pieces piled in the back of the Edge, I am wondering how satisfactory the repair will be. Hopefully it won't be fill of squeaks or rattles. While I am driving an Edge Titanium from Enterprise, it is a basic Titanium, not a loaded one like mine. I figure I am paying about $100 a month more than I would be if I had originally leased the one I am currently driving. I am still wondering if anyone in Canada has received their leaky Edge back. This is my first new Ford product. I have driven new GM products since 1981. Never have had a problem that couldn't be fixed in a reasonable period of time.

So my nightmare continues...43 days and counting.

Hasn't rained since I took delivery, but the dealer washed it prior to me taking delivery.

I have a 10 AM appointment with the dealer in the morning to inspect/repair. Hopefully they'll put some silicone snot on the joint just for insurance. Suspenders and a belt.

Also, storms predicted for the morning.