I have a rattle in my 15 Sport from the panoramic moon roof

Hello. I LOVE my 2015 Ford Edge Sport AWD Ecoboost 2.7 in Deep Impact Blue Metallic! Great car, fast as heck, not slow to respond like my 2013 Edge Sport was. But here are my complaints so far...

1. I feel the seat is hitting me funny. Causes discomfort. Can't go down low enough due to bracket I believe so sit up higher. I can't find a comfortable distance from the wheel to the seat where my feet reach the brake and gas petals and my arms reach the wheel.

2. Horrible rattles from my panoramic roof. Took it to the dealer on day 2, they kept it two days, replaced clips and cleaned up the debri from the tracks. Got it back, rattled on ride home. Deflated. I took it back next week. Dealer had it for 3 days. I came and test drove it. Tech heard the rattles. Got it back and they could not replicate rattles. So I left. I know have a $42,000 car that rattles so loudly and so badly that my passengers just laugh at me. Sad as it's a HOT CUV. I see that the escape had similar issues. I hope to resolve this in the colder months with the dealer. As the temp rises the rattle is less. Humidity stops it all together. Worse with moonroof popped up or open. I attached the voice note I recorded, but the videos are MUCH better but too large to attach sadly.

3. I wish the door rests would come into the cablin about 2 more inches so my arm would rest on it while I drive. Maybe my arm is short. I don't think so. My arm rested on the one in my 2013 just great. Just something I noticed. I'm 5'7".

4. Sunvisor is short. Doesn't seem to block the sun like other used too. Annoying.

5. Got a nail in front tire while testing it with dealer. Looks like tires are hard to find in stock when u need them to be, so have to go to dealer. Updated, was removed without loss of air! :)

6. The Mytouch screen is up and a bit of a reach now, so may not be the best place for it. I know the 2016 will have the new app like screen so maybe it won't matter as it could be in a new place.

7. The Driver Alert System needs to be reset keeps coming on. I have turned it off and on software wise thru menu but still happens.

8. Front ground effect behind wheel where mud flap would go attaches loosely and pulls out of place. This is the design at least on this car. I've had to push it flush against body several times now.

Otherwise, I love it. No leaks, been out in the rain a lot. So I think the pillar TB is not something I am affected by. Thank the Lord for that. :worship:

20150611 062714.mp3

post-32866-0-02632800-1435272438_thumb.jpg

Edited by ruby1025

I have it pulled all the way toward me, and the seat where my feet and legs need it to be, but wheel is still a stretch for me. Also the MFT is up more then the other years so not as conveniently located as it was in the 2013. Have to stretch.

Edited by ruby1025

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. Here is an update after my Edge was at a different dealer then I previous serviced it at. They had it from 7 am until 4 pm and resolved the TSB for the leak (which I did not experience). They managed to update the PCM (?) to correct the Driver Alert warnings I was receiving. Also stated that the update would correct the slow to accelerate I experience now. However, it is still slow to accelerate and I hear a odd pressure sound when I press on the gas pedal. Plastic ground effect needed a large clip and it is fine now. The guy tightened up the A pillars on both sides to correct the pano roof rattles. However, this only softened the rattle when closed. When I hit bumps I hear it, also when it is up or open it rattles all the time. I will take it to a local dealer near me on August 14th as I had the tech drive with me and he said it is the track and if he holds the glass roof up it will not rattle. So the saga continues and I will visit my 3rd Ford dealer for these two issues that remain.

I've got a pretty horrible rattle in my sunroof as well. Almost sounds like a solid piece of metal knocking on the glass panel. It occurs at different temperatures as well. If the sun is out and hitting the car pretty good it seems to happen more, but even on cooler days that are a bit breezy it happens as well. If driving at the right speed it will knock more (not to slow, but not too fast) even on smooth roadways.

With the sunroof tilted open it's the worst. When the sunroof is fully retracted it happens just a little, and when fully closed you can hear a very faint rattle that only I can really hear when driving.

I've got a pretty horrible rattle in my sunroof as well. Almost sounds like a solid piece of metal knocking on the glass panel. It occurs at different temperatures as well. If the sun is out and hitting the car pretty good it seems to happen more, but even on cooler days that are a bit breezy it happens as well. If driving at the right speed it will knock more (not to slow, but not too fast) even on smooth roadways.

With the sunroof tilted open it's the worst. When the sunroof is fully retracted it happens just a little, and when fully closed you can hear a very faint rattle that only I can really hear when driving.

Can you take a short video and put it on YouTube ?

• 3 weeks later...