Ford Edge Forum

Guest FitTwin

I have a Ford Edge Sport 2016. I visited Ford today. My auto start climate control settings are greyed out and cannot be changed. Neither can the adaptive steering. They told me it was an update that removed those selections because they causing sync3 to freeze and lock the entire module/system.  I purchased this vehicle and all upgrades predicated on the fact that I could customize the climate with autostart; well it's one of the reasons. 

I can’t speak to your exact model, but my 2015 was like that, they had to reload some software and it was fine after that.

6 hours ago, Guest FitTwin said:

I have a Ford Edge Sport 2016. I visited Ford today. My auto start climate control settings are greyed out and cannot be changed. Neither can the adaptive steering. They told me it was an update that removed those selections because they causing sync3 to freeze and lock the entire module/system.  I purchased this vehicle and all upgrades predicated on the fact that I could customize the climate with autostart; well it's one of the reasons. 

That seems odd. From my understanding the systems are independent and do not interact nor have an impact on each other.  I would suggest going to a different dealership, or calling Ford Customer Service and get clarification. 

Edited by onyxbfly

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.