Remote Start

Guest FitTwin

I have a Ford Edge Sport 2016. I visited Ford today. My auto start climate control settings are greyed out and cannot be changed. Neither can the adaptive steering. They told me it was an update that removed those selections because they causing sync3 to freeze and lock the entire module/system.  I purchased this vehicle and all upgrades predicated on the fact that I could customize the climate with autostart; well it's one of the reasons. 

6 hours ago, Guest FitTwin said:

I have a Ford Edge Sport 2016. I visited Ford today. My auto start climate control settings are greyed out and cannot be changed. Neither can the adaptive steering. They told me it was an update that removed those selections because they causing sync3 to freeze and lock the entire module/system.  I purchased this vehicle and all upgrades predicated on the fact that I could customize the climate with autostart; well it's one of the reasons. 

That seems odd. From my understanding the systems are independent and do not interact nor have an impact on each other.  I would suggest going to a different dealership, or calling Ford Customer Service and get clarification. 

Edited by onyxbfly

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Found this on the Forscan forum, apparently there's even a TSB that addresses the greyed out climate control menu options within remote start menu... https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11666

Turns out @WWWPerfA_ZN0W (not MACT  lol) shared this TSB previously here...

Edited by MetalAnon
accidentally clicked save before finishing my post edited again to correct my who's who confusion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 6/3/2017 at 12:13 AM, enigma-2 said:

I believe it usually means that one of the doors are not closed. Possibly a door switch is going bad.

I just came across this FordTechMakULoco vid yesterday.  It's not directly the same problem, but Brian explains the door/hood switch issue common to our beloved Fords.  Interesting if not helpful at least.  Hope it helps someone.

www. youtube.com/watch?v=xBc_QHj3wlM

Edited by MetalAnon
  • Like 1