What do Ford Edge owners do on the weekend?

seanhodgins

I do lots of things.... though weekends here now I work as I'm doing just a weekend shift plus 1 day during the week (currently doing tuesdays). So this is what I do on the weekends..... try and keep this line of automated machinery going and fixing it when it breaks. We make HCU (hydraulic control unit) boxes for ABS and stability control systems for a good majority of the auto mfg's. The units for the Ford Fiesta, Dodge Ram, Honda Odyssey, and a whole bunch of GM cars and trucks, as well as VW/Audi are made right here on this line. Along with others too but those are the main ones we run quite often

0531151527_zpspwv1z0uh.jpg

Ā 

But on my days off I always find something to get into. Usually start by sleeping my happy but in bed a little later and cuddling with the kiddos

1130141055a_zpspb0tywca.jpg

Ā 

Then get up and play with the kiddos some (after they remind me that it's time to eat, lol)

0109151957a_zpstrlswp4z.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Then go for a street ride and play in the mountains (first one taken today.... I got out of work early :) )

Ā 

0621151438_zpssaiznsfn.jpg

Ā 

1021141832a_zpsp3xqdhkf.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Whenever I'm able to I do some trackdays.... SOOOO much fun!

Ā 

150112_220726_COLLAGE-1_zps12kxcajo.jpg

Ā 

IMG_196752618971422_zps1kyzq1at.jpeg

Ā 

Ā 

Then go and shoot some guns at the range

0318152329_zpsta1ivmcs.jpg

Ā 

B4B5FE12-325D-4811-AB08-49A4D00F16DC-425

Edited by thirdgenlxi

In my spare time I sometimes do some side jobs here at home, like I'm doing right now..... head gaskets on a Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 (i know, imagine that, right? lol)

0601151529b_zpsyna9b2jt.jpg

Ā 

0601151530_zpstfbazsz4.jpg

Ā 

0611151728_zpsvd9o8gqi.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

And then pretty much any other time, I'm out playing in the dirt on the 2 smoker :love_shower:

0412151740a_zpsjdz3t3mc.jpg

Ā 

0514151526b_zpswdnlppbj.jpg

Ā 

0404151255_zps433fhkn9.jpg

Ā 

0514151450_zpsr2xpeamt.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

And then I usually end the day chasing a sunset.... we have some great ones around here!

Ā 

0110151735_zpsungct1uo.jpg

Ā 

Sooooo yea, that's my (rough) life in a pictorial nutshell, lol :whistling:;)

Edited by thirdgenlxi
  • Like 1

Pretty neat way to occupy your time, Jared! How many miles on that 1500 engine?

Ā 

It has 106k... 2004...... 4.7's definitely have their issues though..... head gaskets, broken exhaust manifold bolts, engine sludge, lifter tick, etc. She pulled this one out of a shop because the guy was a hack job and a liar

Edited by thirdgenlxi
  • Like 1

09 MKX. Had a long weekend, Friday we took a day trip to Saugatuck, a small community on the lake Michigan shore. Got plastered on Golden Margarita's and had to walk it off before I could drive home. Had a great time. Saturday we drove over to an outlet mall at Michigan City, In. Spent the day shopping (mostly window shopping). Sunday afternoon is for mowing and barbecue. Son in law, daughter and grandson came over for Father's day.

• Like 1

enigma: I've been out to that mall and found some pretty decent deals.

Bought a half dozen Izod shirts for about $15 ea. (Retail between $45-50 ea.) Linda bought several jeans with sparkles on the butt for $7 ea. Bought a bunch of splat balls for the neighbor kids. Great day.

Dennis

Edited by enigma-2

• 6 months later...

I love taking my edge sport out and seeing what fun I can have. Drifting in the snow I am going to try her on the lake on a large track now it's froze exciting. That's one hell of a vehicle I'll just say that much. <3

Just make sure the ice reallllly thick. (Heavy car). Speaking as one who slows down for even small puddles LOL Edited by enigma-2