All Ford Edges Now on Factory Hold?

You don't have to wait 3 months - if they can't give you the car you ordered in a reasonable amount of time you can get your money back.

I'm not so sure about this. There is legal agreement between dealership and a buyer and both parties must obey the contract.

Ā 

What was the reason behind custom order? Dealerships still have plenty Edges in stock.

Nothing special really (hitch , 2nd row inflatable belts) - the dealership did not have them in stock at that time. I dropped by one dealership week ago (Toronto West) and they did not have any. I'll check more places tomorrow. If dealerships have plenty, as you say, how do they get them if everything on quality hold ? I don't get it.

Edited by mtim

A dealership that's reasonable will work with you no matter what. I ran my dealership through the ringer on two signed deals.

They grinned and kept looking for the right Edge for me.

Ā 

DONT ask...tell then what you expect, but in a nice way.

Ā 

TELL them you want to buy...and from them! Make them find a car that's in current inventory somewhere in the USA.

Ā 

I am in Memphis and my Edge came from Mobile AL.....about 8 hours away. They drove it up here at no charge to me.

Edited by Denicio

My Edge is not custom either

Ā 

Ā 

2015 Ford Edge SEL

front wheel drive

2.0 Ecoboost

Leather seats

Inflateable rear seatbelts

Ā 

Ā 

I still think the rear inflatable seat belts is one of the hold backs. I see now that the 2016 SEL does not have an option for the rear inflatable seat belts, only the very top trim Titanium and Sport get this option.

Ā 

It is interesting though that the SEL in the USA gets the rear inflatable belts standard on the 2016 model if ordered with the 201A package.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been told by the dealership that all 2015 Edge's on hold will be released on December 31st. This means that the vehicles have the "OK" to be shipped. Now how long until they actually arrive at their final destination is up to the carrier.

Ā 

Fortunately I'm fairly close to Oakville so I "should" have my Edge by January 9th. This will mean that I have waited almost 20 weeks or 140 days since I placed the order.

• Like 1

Not everything applied in foam form is spongy and porous.

Agreed, but this stuff is.... After I removed it, I squeezed it and all kinds of water came out. When the sealer was still in place I put a scope in the pillar, got the car wet, and watched the water (from the inside) seep right in through that foam.

Edited by dtburton75

Agreed, but this stuff is.... After I removed it, I squeezed it and all kinds of water came out. When the sealer was still in place I put a scope in the pillar, got the car wet, and watched the water (from the inside) seep right in through that foam.

Ā 

I'd be curious if the foam sealer used on your Edge was defective? Not the correct mix/solution? Because there are plenty of Edges out there with the factory foam sealer with zero leaks.

Not sure its 100% related to this post but after the FLOODS of Xmas 2015 around here my 2015 Edge Titanium does not seem to have any leaks. With the biblical like floods we have had around here lately.....I am sure I would have seen something by now.

Ā 

Is this a problem that eventually happens or if my Edge the 'issue' I would know by now?

Not sure its 100% related to this post but after the FLOODS of Xmas 2015 around here my 2015 Edge Titanium does not seem to have any leaks. With the biblical like floods we have had around here lately.....I am sure I would have seen something by now.

Ā 

Is this a problem that eventually happens or if my Edge the 'issue' I would know by now?

Ā 

If you have been getting poured on and have driven in the rain, a leak probably would have made itself known by now.

Ā 

I always check just to be safe. After the car has been in rain, I'll lift my weatherteach mats and feel around the drivers floor to see if there is any sign of moisture.

What a way to live :( Though I admit, I'm super paranoid about the roof on our home after every period of high wind/heavy rain activity!

Ā 

It isn't really paranoia. It is just risk mitigation. I never had any leak, but still had the fix done to my Edge as soon as the notice came out. I don't worry when it rains...I just make a mental note to check the floors just in case.

Ā 

I'm actually worried more about my Mustang in the rain because of some water that was getting in to the doors and sloshing around. I believe the solution was to unclog the door drains which never had been done for the 5 years I've owned it. No issues since then.

Ā 

And the roof/gutters are another concern of mine.....even though I rent the place.

• Like 1

Ā 

I'd be curious if the foam sealer used on your Edge was defective? Not the correct mix/solution? Because there are plenty of Edges out there with the factory foam sealer with zero leaks.

I don't think it was directive.... I'm a bodyman, it looks and acts like all the rest of the foam I deal with in these cars. The next time I see the same sealer in a Ford and I have to take it out I will do a water test.

Edited by dtburton75

I don't think it was directive.... I'm a bodyman, it looks and acts like all the rest of the foam I deal with in these cars. The next time I see the same sealer in a Ford and I have to take it out I will do a water test.

So wouldn't every Edge leak then? Since they all used the same foam sealer?

Anyone get their Edge yet?

Ā 

Ā 

I have been told that mine is supposed to ship this week.

Ā 

Ā 

I've been waiting since August 24th, so 136 days (almost 20 weeks)

Ā 

Nope, still waiting in disbelieve. Neither dealership nor Ford provided updates on delivery date.