All Ford Edges Now on Factory Hold?

I am thinking the 2017's will be at the dealership lots before you guys receive your pre ordered 2015's! Geesh!

I am LOVE the phooey out of my new 2015! Not to rub it in but to say if you still want a 2015 cant your dealership find you one speced out the way you want?

Once I gave up the notion of the factory installed Trailer hitch a sea of cars on lots became viable options for me. I was violating the 90/10 rule (don't buy based on 10% of your needs). My dealership found the perfect match for me 8 hours away and had it drove up to me at no charge.

I know I was a PITA when I first joined these forums worrying about Ford quality and Edge issues. But damn, this 2015 Edge has far exceeded my expectations and I continue to find little things about it that I absolutely adore!

D

Yes but purchasing the Edge in August got me the $3600 employee pricing plus another $4000 in incentives that I negotiated, plus trade in there is no way that I would get the same deal now that I got back in August.

The addition of Sync 3 would be a "nice to have" but won't get you that much more trade in value, especially if keeping the vehicle for ten years as I plan to do.

• Like 1

Yes but purchasing the Edge in August got me the $3600 employee pricing plus another $4000 in incentives that I negotiated, plus trade in there is no way that I would get the same deal now that I got back in August.

The addition of Sync 3 would be a "nice to have" but won't get you that much more trade in value, especially if keeping the vehicle for ten years as I plan to do.

same here. I will no be able to negotiate the same discounts as I did in august. Plus another wait for 2016 to arrive , I'm done with waiting.

I'm trying to negotiate 2015 car with another manufacture, if I get comparable price and features , I will cancel Edge order in no time.

• Like 1

Mine was ordered in mid July and picked up the first week of September so not sure why there's still such a delay on the '15s. However, i do agree that there is no way anyone will get the same deal on the '16s today. With the Employee pricing promo and a bit of haggling, my '15 Sport was priced almost $7000 CAD less than the MSRP of a similarly priced '16 Sport today.

So wouldn't every Edge leak then? Since they all used the same foam sealer?

I think there may be inconsistencies in the build with the way the panels meet up. I have a good sized gap between the two panels. I still wonder why mine didn't decide to leak until 3700 miles. I wash my car twice a week at minimum, you would think I would have noticed this before now. Unless maybe it has been leaking and just accumulated enough water in the foam that's inside the A-pillar to start pouring in. (Might have been a time thing, needed to build up) I don't know really, it's all a mystery to me right now. All I know is what I did fixed the problem and the sealer that was there wasn't doing the job. I still feel the sealer used on that seam should only be used in sound deadening situations like it was designed for.

Edited by dtburton75

So wouldn't every Edge leak then? Since they all used the same foam sealer?

I wish I worked at a Ford dealership instead of a Lincoln dealership. I would be able to answer the question better if I saw what all the leaky cars had in common. All I can do is go off of what I saw on mine.

I know there was a bit of a hold on the MKX for sealer reasons though. Makes me wonder what was up. It's like they where waiting till the Edge was "worked out" we didn't start getting the new ones in stock till just before I got my Edge, and that was when all the issues where supposedly fixed.

Kind of weird is all....

Edited by dtburton75